SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Planes in SH4 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=238502)

jericho791 09-01-18 11:35 AM

Planes in SH4

I apologize in advance if this has already been addressed, but I'm wondering if anyone can tell what file I need to modify to reduce the planes that fly continuously overhead during any mission. They really make this game unplayable due to their spawn rate which makes it nearly impossible to use time compression.

Bleiente 09-01-18 12:06 PM

Ahoy @ Jericho791!

Which version of SH4 do you play and do you play Vanilla or with modifications?
And almost forgot - Welcome to Subsim.

:salute:

cdrsubron7 09-01-18 12:12 PM

Ahoy! Jericho791

Welcome to Subsim. Happy to have you with us. :salute:

jericho791 09-01-18 12:15 PM

I currently have it patched to 1.4b I believe. Whatever the most up to date is. Thanks for the welcome, but I actually have been a member for over 10 years, I just forgot my password to my old account.

propbeanie 09-01-18 12:37 PM

You could try Webster's Better Air Patrols for v1.4 and v1.5 - good stuff! Better still would be Webster's GFO mod, which THEBERBSER recently re-did and packaged up as THEBERBSTEES All In One Beginners Mega Mod List For SH4 221117. But you'd need to be at v1.5 (Uboats) and you'd also want to make certain that your game is not in a Windows Program Files folder, to apply mods and have them function correctly. The 'modern' Windows OS "protects" those folders, and will rollback most *.cfg file edits (most mods) that do not come through the proper Windows interface, which JSGME does not... :salute:

Forgetting a password sounds like something a 62 y.o. man would do :roll:... :har: :salute:

jericho791 09-01-18 12:43 PM

I'm not far from it mate! I always had subsim set to autologin. Well, it lost it and I didn't remember. The email I used to set up old account is no longer a valid email for me. So it just seemed easier to make a new account. I used to be Sonarman_1019

propbeanie 09-01-18 02:33 PM

I was in a similar "boat" (sorry, bad intentional pun), but I gave up for a while, and didn't hang around for a time, thereby forgetting my old log-in name also... I'm not certain, but there might be a way to change your email via contacting a moderator, then recover your password... maybe... ??

jericho791 09-04-18 04:28 PM

In case anyone else had this same question. I discovered how to reduce the planes. You have to lower the numerical values in the AirStrike.cfg file. The file assigns several numbers to represent different probabilities based on several factors, but if you lower them all, you will decrease the amount of planes that spawn.

Aktungbby 09-04-18 08:22 PM

welcome aboard!

jericho791!:Kaleun_Salute:

Eichhörnchen 09-12-18 03:25 PM

(aka Sonarman_1019) :haha::Kaleun_Salute: Wilkommen!

Webster 09-18-18 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jericho791 (Post 2567270)
I apologize in advance if this has already been addressed, but I'm wondering if anyone can tell what file I need to modify to reduce the planes that fly continuously overhead during any mission. They really make this game unplayable due to their spawn rate which makes it nearly impossible to use time compression.

if you draw a straight line from pearl to tokyo and from tokyo to phillipines, those are the plane highways with constant traffic.

just stay out from under those lines and move off to the side and you rarely will see any planes unless you are near land bases

i also have a mod that reduces the traffic further which i suggest everyone use to make the game much better

Webster 09-18-18 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2567282)
You could try Webster's Better Air Patrols for v1.4 and v1.5 - good stuff! Better still would be Webster's GFO mod, which THEBERBSER recently re-did and packaged up as THEBERBSTEES All In One Beginners Mega Mod List For SH4 221117. But you'd need to be at v1.5 (Uboats) and you'd also want to make certain that your game is not in a Windows Program Files folder, to apply mods and have them function correctly. The 'modern' Windows OS "protects" those folders, and will rollback most *.cfg file edits (most mods) that do not come through the proper Windows interface, which JSGME does not... :salute:

Forgetting a password sounds like something a 62 y.o. man would do :roll:... :har: :salute:

i dont think he "re-did" GFO, if he did im not aware of it, i think he just "repackaged it" with some other mods to make downloading the best mods for beginners easier to find

propbeanie 09-18-18 02:31 PM

Yes, "repackaged" would be a more apt description. It's good stuff though, either way you shake it. Thanks for GFO, good sir! :salute: