SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Wolfpack (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   Couple of questions (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=240281)

von_Trepka 03-16-19 09:39 AM

Couple of questions

Hi, I've allready had an excellent evening with this game and a couple of friends. And I really want to express my gratitude and sheer amazement of this game, really well done guys :)

I do have a couple of questions I cant seem to find answers to though.

1. Engine room, will there be one?

2. Fuel and other resources. I cant seem to figure out if we have unlimited fuel or not? As for how it currently is, there is no real need to go anything other than full speed?

3. When I diving at 15 degrees down, and put my dive planes to zero&zero, shouldnt the sub keep its current dive angle, instead of leveling out?

MrGeekabit 03-16-19 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by von_Trepka (Post 2597379)
Hi, I've allready had an excellent evening with this game and a couple of friends. And I really want to express my gratitude and sheer amazement of this game, really well done guys :)

1. Engine room, will there be one?

2. Fuel and other resources. I cant seem to figure out if we have unlimited fuel or not? As for how it currently is, there is no real need to go anything other than full speed?

3. When I diving at 15 degrees down, and put my dive planes to zero&zero, shouldnt the sub keep its current dive angle, instead of leveling out?

I know for #2 there's a limited battery amount and those have to be recharged, but I haven't seen a limitation on the diesels yet.

Onkel Neal 03-16-19 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by von_Trepka (Post 2597379)

Many thanks from the devs! :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

1. Engine room, will there be one? Not in the plans at this time. Not a lot to do there, and creating the environment would be a pretty big task.

2. Fuel and other resources. I cant seem to figure out if we have unlimited fuel or not? As for how it currently is, there is no real need to go anything other than full speed? Since we are talking about guys playing in real time, we do not model fuel since it is not a factor in a 2~6 hour game. Example: you start the game and your boat has 86 tons of fuel. After 4 hours of real time playing, running the diesels at max speed, you would still have 85.6 tons. If we had a fuel system, to make it matter we would have to speed consumption up a crazy lot.

Good question! I don't think so, here's why: Assume the sub is moving forward in the water. When the planes are zero but the boat is angled down, the planes are acting on the flow of water, and they will bring the boat's bow up until it levels out. Then the planes will be level to the flow of water.

If someone can correct me, that's cool, just explain me ;)

THEBERBSTER 03-16-19 11:41 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > MrGeekabit
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

IIRC you also need to blow the negative buoyancy tanks once you have reached your chosen depth.
Those tanks fill to get you down quickly.
Peter

stoppro 03-16-19 12:26 PM

I'm looking for the private lobby button.Is it in the game or on discord.I have not used discord yet. i do not know what i am doing lol

Lost At Sea 03-16-19 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoppro (Post 2597423)
I'm looking for the private lobby button.Is it in the game or on discord.I have not used discord yet. i do not know what i am doing lol

It is in the game, right after hitting PLAY. Use the dropdown menu below the "New Lobby" -- there is a PRIVATE option.

Lost

Onkel Neal 03-16-19 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost At Sea (Post 2597433)
It is in the game, right after hitting PLAY. Use the dropdown menu below the "New Lobby" -- there is a PRIVATE option.

Lost

Yes, so send me the password :Kaleun_Cheers:

stoppro 03-16-19 02:19 PM

Thanks. this is taking me sometime to get used to. getting older and dumber apparently.

von_Trepka 03-16-19 05:48 PM

Thank you for your answers, I have a bonus question for you:

Is there any way to do time compression?

abaileyatd 03-16-19 06:14 PM

No time compression I believe, but you won't need it. You start realtively close but outside visual range of a convoy and with everyone doing their work, we blew 5 hours on one patrol by very very quickly... 3 engagements, 2 depth charge attacks, 14000 tons at the bottom ;)

I understand you may not have 5 hours, but in an hour or so you can get one solid engagement in if that's all you got. Remember we're subsimmers here... aren't we supposed to stare at maps and gauges for hours on end while drooling...?