SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] Environmental MOD for Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166178)

W_clear 10-06-10 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnum (Post 1509916)
Sorry, but I think I will need subtitles for these quotes. :DL What are you trying to say is that the .tga file is fixed now? Because I don't see any change compared to the previous version. And that file was the main reason why I got countless ctd's with this mod.

And I saw no problem with Ail clouds installed over this mod. Ail clouds gives a very significant change over the cloud models, they look extremely realistic.

Please See the green part
Environmental MOD_1.1 for Silent Hunter 5
Environmental MOD is based on the reality of different climate, a comprehensive adjustment of the color of SH5. And to rectify a lot of mistakes. For example: poor day the atmosphere is very realistic, there is no refraction of seawater. The sun is not halo, the bubble is very dark color of the moon and the glow is very rough, three different latitudes colors the same error, and so on.
Major adjustments:
1. The new wave, from 0 meters to 15 meters.
2. Changed the fog close visualization.
3. To change the brightness and halo of the sun.
4. Different colors in three different latitude waters.
5. Different atmosphere in three different climatic, ClearDay, MediumCloudDay, PoorDay.
6. Different sunrise in different climates and different waters.
7. Adjusted all the underwater colors.
8. Moon halo more realistic, and the increase in the moonlight refraction.
9. PoorDay added all the water refraction,
10. To change the outer structure of the cloud Thanks for @ Ailantd :AilClouds 2.0 MOD).

Zedi 10-06-10 05:45 AM

Oke, I will give it a try without to remove or mod in anyway this version... hope the ctd's will not start again.

There is another thing you may take over from Ail, the rain. By default this mod not change the rain drops, they are still huge and ugly.. is the reason why I used another Ail mod, Ail Rain 1.0.

Thanks

DavyJonesFootlocker 10-06-10 06:18 AM

Will give this a try. Thanks for this update.

Ragtag 10-06-10 07:03 AM

Thanks for the update and great work W_Clear :)

Zedi 10-06-10 07:26 AM

Tested, works like a charm, no problem at all. I still like better Ail clouds, but overall I have to admit that there is more improvement in the sky in this mod. Also I had my doubt to overwrite the UHS .sim files, but I like the changes, my sub is floating better now on water.

Regarding the sound, I believe you should keep few of them in the mod. These are the sound files I still use from the older versions and as far as I know there are no better versions around:

amb_Hydrophone.wav
amb_OceanSkylineLight_Q.wav
amb_RainLocal_Q.wav
amb_Wind1_Q.wav
ambiance_Bunker_Q.wav
Ship_CollisionAlarm_EXT.wav
Submarine_surfacing.wav
Submarine_surfacing2.wav
Thunder_3.wav
Thunder_4.wav
Wave Bad Weather.wav

Please consider to change the rain drops in you next versions, AilRain is still better.
Thank You for this superb mod :up:

BigBANGtheory 10-06-10 02:00 PM

tbh I loved the waves and features in v3.8, now there's a 3.9 its like mod heaven.

This mod is one of those 'must have mods', well done to the creator and contributors. :salute:

SashaKA001 10-06-10 02:03 PM

Question, but you can make fashion that would have been just lightning.
Please

DavyJonesFootlocker 10-06-10 03:56 PM

OK no more CTDs and that's good. I still kept ALL clouds mod and with your mod it looks great!:yeah:

BigBANGtheory 10-06-10 04:12 PM

Is it just me or does the sub bow wave and deck wash look a darker colour than the rest of the wash/foam effect?

Zedi 10-06-10 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBANGtheory (Post 1510326)
Is it just me or does the sub bow wave and deck wash look a darker colour than the rest of the wash/foam effect?

Same here.

Got a lot of trouble with this mod, but now works smooth without any need to mod it. And I can pump up the TC to 3k+ again without any crash. Agree, now is on the "must have mod" list. Great job!

oscar19681 10-09-10 09:35 AM

I still envirement mod 2.0 in the mod list . Should 3.9 be loaded over 2.0 or do you have to remove 2.0

DarTMauK 10-09-10 10:46 AM

Mhmm dont know if its correct, but i just installed it over 3.8 and got no crash till now. Soo i guess you can just install on top
even installed it over some other mods, but i of course replaced again the files that where overwritten and shouldnt be. Just a matter of file management :DL

edit: just got a crash near the french coast.....dont think its my install, hope it doesnt do it again^^

Stevepine 10-09-10 11:24 AM

Well I tested this version of the mod out and 2 things immediately strike me:

1) The problem with random crashes to desk top still happens.

2) Night time ( even at the dead of night like 1 or 2 or 3 am is way too light.... looks more like 6 pm )

Its frustrating because this is a great mod. If you can solve these 2 issues then it would be utterly awesome. For mow Im heading back to envmodGold which doesnt crash SH5 and night feels like night.

DavyJonesFootlocker 10-09-10 03:35 PM

Quote:

The problem with random crashes to desk top still happens.
CTD happened to me again last night.:cry:

Venatore 10-09-10 04:23 PM

W_clear,

Thank you matey for the 3.9 updated version.

Kind Regards

Venatore