SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   2009 SUBSIM Meet (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   SUBSIM Meet Special Guests: Silent Hunter 5 Dev team (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=155396)

Task Force 09-03-09 06:30 PM

And I realy dont want to find out how he keelhauls them... lol:o

JU_88 09-07-09 07:06 PM

Oh man.. I have the money, but i just hate flying!

You see.... a Boeing...:)
I see ..... a jet propelled, highly flamamble, pressurised aluminium cylinder of DEATH ! :wah:
I know its only a 1 in 6 million chance to be reduced to a mixed grill and scattered over a 10 km radius.... but that irrationallity for you.

I Hope the presentation will be recorded, providing Dan or Mr M dont activate some kind of sophisicated camera jamming device... like one of their hands covering the lense, for instance :haha:

elanaiba 09-08-09 02:41 AM

Take the euro-tunnel-something?

JU_88 09-08-09 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elanaiba (Post 1168246)
Take the euro-tunnel-something?

heh I not sure if have the money to take that route... I will actually travel by plane, I just dont like it.
Seriously i probably cant get the time off work anyway, its insane at the moment.... not to mention Mrs Ju88 is 3 months pregnant with out first -and shes getting all 'hormonal' on my ass :)

McBeck 09-08-09 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JU_88 (Post 1168130)
I Hope the presentation will be recorded, providing Dan or Mr M dont activate some kind of sophisicated camera jamming device... like one of their hands covering the lense, for instance :haha:

Sorry, no. The location does not permit cameras or video recording.

JU_88 09-08-09 06:39 AM

meh,:down:
ok well i guess we will have to make do with write ups..

martes86 09-08-09 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JU_88 (Post 1168130)
Oh man.. I have the money, but i just hate flying!

You see.... a Boeing...:)
I see ..... a jet propelled, highly flamamble, pressurised aluminium cylinder of DEATH ! :wah:

This is Europe... use Airbus! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by McBeck (Post 1168303)
Sorry, no. The location does not permit cameras or video recording.

Seriously? Not even pics? They'll kill me if I come empty handed! :wah:
A journalist needs good pictures, me needs!!! lol

Onkel Neal 09-08-09 04:07 PM

Don't worry, we'll take care of you :03:

martes86 09-08-09 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens (Post 1168609)
Don't worry, we'll take care of you :03:

Ok... put 3 guards on the door, and a double firewalled pc for me to put my defense. :har:

6 days to travel! :DL

Von Hinten 09-10-09 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens (Post 1159364)
I cannot count how many Europeans say "Have a Subsim meet in Europe so we can go" and when we do, they cannot afford it. :doh: Once in a lifetime fun and friendship is coming in 3 weeks.

Then again, there's the other (3rd?) kind of Europeans who don't ask for a meet in Europe but do turn up when one is organized. We're not all that bad you know ... :shucks:

PL_Andrev 09-10-09 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens (Post 1158707)
Registered members for the SUBSIM meet will participate in a Q&A session and one-on-one interview with the dev team, and witness the first live-action demo of Silent Hunter 5.

And when this demo will be available for all 'SUBSIM registed members'?

martes86 09-10-09 03:02 PM

I align myself with that 3rd kind (this is actually a short notice plan, didn't really know if I'd go). :D

Carotio 09-10-09 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Von Hinten (Post 1169744)
Then again, there's the other (3rd?) kind of Europeans who don't ask for a meet in Europe but do turn up when one is organized. We're not all that bad you know ... :shucks:

I go because it's being organized in my own country. I'm not really sure, I would have done it, if it were to be held in, let's say Romania.
It's not because I don't wanna go to Romania, I even have some Romanian friends (girls mostly... :oops::03:), so I have plenty of reasons to go.
BUT we also have to be realistic: sometimes economy, work, family or other reasons prevent attending such a meet. That's just part of life too. And that has to be accepted too.

mapuc 09-10-09 05:56 PM

I'm going because of two things

1. Have been at such a meeting before(Holland) and it was a fantastic experience.

2 it's just a stonethrow from where I live.

Markus

Von Hinten 09-10-09 06:00 PM

Well Bas and I missed the one in Holland, which would have been that stone throw from our doors, but after reading and viewing the reviews of later meets we decided that if we could drive to one we'd be there. And this one we can drive to so ... we're there. :salute: