SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter III (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   A few questions that came up today.. (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=237149)

Greystone 04-06-18 12:20 AM

A few questions that came up today..

If you go to where you load out the torpedoes, there's a question mark icon at the bottom of the screen which, if pressed, takes you to a screen that lays out all the various upgrades and when they're available throughout the war years. The text there is in German; is anyone aware of an English version floating around somewhere?

Also, has anyone come across a mod makes the rain look a bit more realistic than the ''white rain" seen in the game?
Thanks..

TiberiusoftheSea 05-05-18 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greystone (Post 2548280)
If you go to where you load out the torpedoes, there's a question mark icon at the bottom of the screen which, if pressed, takes you to a screen that lays out all the various upgrades and when they're available throughout the war years. The text there is in German; is anyone aware of an English version floating around somewhere?

Also, has anyone come across a mod makes the rain look a bit more realistic than the ''white rain" seen in the game?
Thanks..

Hi Greystone. Have you come across Carnovaro's Document Collection?

Inside is a wealth of information that may or may not interest you, however if you delve into Chapter 1 - Sheets, there is a .pdf file named Upgrades Chart. This chart is what you're looking for though I honestly can't recall if it is in English or not. If it is in German and you'd like a hand translating it, I'm happy to help :up:

Regarding the rain, I'm afraid I can't help. I have been looking out for something similar myself. I'd love to get something like the mods for TESV: Skyrim offer in the way of rain though I'm sure that won't ever happen.

Best of luck!

Greystone 06-25-18 06:23 PM

Hi TiberiusoftheSea;
Sorry it took so long to respond; I couldn't locate Carnovaro's Document Collection, but found the answer's so obvious it didn't occur to me: type the names in a major search engine.
Usually I'd find something that'd give ma a good sense of what the component was or did.
It was the Metox item (radar detector) that I was looking for; the Sunderland attacks in the dead-of-night were getting to me..
Silly me, though, I installed the Metox during the same port layover that I put in for a transfer to the 29th flotilla in the Mediterranean, where there's apparently no radar guided night attacks to worry about.
First thing I noticed in the Mediterranean was the color of the water; a much more vibrant blue than the North Atlantic. Water's also much more calm. I've only been there for about a week, and, I never thought I'd say this, but I've found a place where the endless tedium & boredom of trying to locate a target surpasses even where I was before (Brest). I think I'll transfer back to the less maddening search and destroy of the North Atlantic. Maybe I'll creep into the maw of a British port & try my luck first though..