SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   DARPA Game – “ACTUV Tactics” (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=255)
-   -   Game Won't Play (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=182255)

BWShellShocked 04-06-11 08:36 AM

Game Won't Play

Windows 7 32bit Business
4GB RAM
nVidia GeForce 8800GT 1GB VRAM
1TB Disk

Seemed to install fine, but when I run it, the icon minimizes to the taskbar and will not maximize no matter what I try. If I click on it, I get a quick flash of the ACTUV screen and then instant minimize again. I've tried rebooting, uninstall/reinstall, set to XP 32bit compatibility mode, all to no avail.

Stumped..

stoppro 04-06-11 08:58 AM

I had the same thing went to nvidia control panel and under globle settings unchecked antilaising and it worked but I have a 580 I don't know if the same will work for you.

Frying Tiger 04-06-11 09:21 AM

We'll get this added to the FAQ. Hardware antialiasing has apparently been an issue before.

BWShellShocked 04-06-11 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoppro (Post 1637076)
I had the same thing went to nvidia control panel and under globle settings unchecked antilaising and it worked but I have a 580 I don't know if the same will work for you.

I shut off antialias and antiscopic filtering, but still does the same thing :wah:

Frying Tiger 04-06-11 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWShellShocked (Post 1637173)
I shut off antialias and antiscopic filtering, but still does the same thing :wah:

Try going to the "My Documents" folder, and look for the "Sonalysts combat simulations" directory... There should be a DW ACTUV directory or sub-directory there. Find the "dangerouswaters.ini" file, open it up with notepad or wordpad (it's just a text file)... In the [Graphics] group, find "RunInWindow" and change it to "Yes". Save the file (don't let Notepad add a ".txt" to the end of the file name) See if that helps. There are a bunch of settings you can play with in there, if you mess it up just delete the file and ACTUV Tactics will rebuild the default file.

Thanks!

BWShellShocked 04-06-11 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frying Tiger (Post 1637222)
Try going to the "My Documents" folder, and look for the "Sonalysts combat simulations" directory... There should be a DW ACTUV directory or sub-directory there. Find the "dangerouswaters.ini" file, open it up with notepad or wordpad (it's just a text file)... In the [Graphics] group, find "RunInWindow" and change it to "Yes". Save the file (don't let Notepad add a ".txt" to the end of the file name) See if that helps. There are a bunch of settings you can play with in there, if you mess it up just delete the file and ACTUV Tactics will rebuild the default file.

Thanks!

Bingo, that did it. Setting it to window=yes did the trick, thanks :)