SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Helosim.com and Flight Sims (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   Subsim IL-2 online squad (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=116403)

XabbaRus 06-08-07 05:08 PM

Subsim IL-2 online squad

Anyone think this would be a good idea?

Dowly 06-10-07 08:50 AM

Sounds like a good idea to me. ;)

Jmack 06-27-07 12:23 AM

sounds great to me ... ill let you guys know when i have il2 46
there are a couple of wars going on i thing

i used to fly VEF ... ah good old days

HunterICX 06-27-07 06:19 AM

SS-FP squad :P

SubSims - Fighter Pilots:rotfl:

Jmack 06-27-07 07:02 PM

do i install 4.08 over out of the box ?

danlisa 06-28-07 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmack
do i install 4.08 over out of the box ?

Out of the box 1946 is version 4.07, so you can add 4.08 directly over it.

Jmack 06-28-07 08:27 PM

ok ... i have it installed , im in portugal but i mainly fly after midnight
so let me know people when i can fly with you guys

my nick in HL is Cess-Jmack , because i once flew for the Cess-Patrol !!!

i need some advice for the conf file

i have a 7300gt 512mb and 2048 mb memory .

thanks in advance

jmack

HunterICX 06-29-07 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmack
ok ... i have it installed , im in portugal but i mainly fly after midnight
so let me know people when i can fly with you guys

my nick in HL is Cess-Jmack , because i once flew for the Cess-Patrol !!!

i need some advice for the conf file

i have a 7300gt 512mb and 2048 mb memory .

thanks in advance

jmack

I mainly suggets you open the config/setup of IL2
wich can be found in : Start -> Programs -> Ubisoft -> IL2 sturmovik -> Setup (a icon with a hammer on it)

first try the pre-set configuration in the video options , choose the one that contains the same Card type like you have.

but seeying your specs , I think you can handle Maximum which also can be chosen in the List of configurations.

if I host that is mostly around 22:00 GMT +1
we use a teamspeak to meet eachother who are up for a flight
you can find the info in the Online Teamspeak info thread in this forum section
you do not need a mic to join it, as long I can see you are there and that you can hear me its alright

Seth8530 07-09-07 06:33 AM

Dude that would be brilliant. we need to set up a match.

Oberon 07-09-07 07:33 AM

I aim to get 1946 within the next few days, not so sure about the TS though because of the location of the computer system. But certainly count me in! :up: I want to see one of Hunters landings live ;)

HunterICX 07-09-07 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oberon
I aim to get 1946 within the next few days, not so sure about the TS though because of the location of the computer system. But certainly count me in! :up: I want to see one of Hunters landings live ;)

:stare: you want what!
:rotfl:

XabbaRus 07-09-07 02:23 PM

I am up for it. Wife away

So Huneter you fly 2200 GMT + 1 but you live in spain, would that not be GMT + 2 as in the UK we are GMT + 1 due to BST (British summer Time)

I could fly at the weekend due to golf and other things.

I could try tonight though.

Dowly 07-09-07 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XabbaRus
I am up for it. Wife away

So Huneter you fly 2200 GMT + 1 but you live in spain, would that not be GMT + 2 as in the UK we are GMT + 1 due to BST (British summer Time)

I could fly at the weekend due to golf and other things.

I could try tonight though.

Nope, it's GMT+1 to Hunter. It's GMT+2 here in Finland. ;)

HunterICX 07-10-07 04:29 AM

@Xabba:

mostly I hop on Teamspeak around 22:00 GMT +1
so if you want to have a flight during this week just be around TS on that time :up:

XabbaRus 07-10-07 05:00 PM

Tonight I had my first online flight in IL-2 with hunter. The first flight I got a little too low and hit the drink.

Then second time Hunter took up a Mozzie and hit the flak for me as I piled in low and hit the Tirpitz. I then survived the flak for Hunter to respawn as an evil Bf-110. Minus an aileron I fought him off and continued to turn and burn even though he took off my rudder and one of my elevators. After a few turns and a couple of spins which I haven't a clue how I recovered from (apart from my inate skill as a pilot.....) I entered a dive I couldn't quite recover from and in I went. hunter then treated me to a fine display of landing skills...:up:

HunterICX 07-11-07 04:50 AM

:up: Was a good Test flight,
you're actually the fist that shot the tirpitz with the torpedo
no-one else besides me testing the map has succesfully hitted the Tirpitz.

I must admit when I jumped in a BF110 and chased you I didnt expect you to turn around and try to take me head on as I learned from other online games head on with a heavy machine gunned fighter is suicide.
I was surprised of your evasion skills , thought I aimed ahead from you , and only removed the controls of the Tail section I was surprised you still managed to keep the aircraft in air :up:

I,m going to do some tests this afternoon with the tirpitz.
I,m going to put the ship in water and I will see how many torpedo's she can take. to give an idea what you need to sink her. also going to use bombs to see what she can take.

what I,m going to add to the map are 2 American Aircraft carriers to launch american carrier planes from. the location is closer to base protected by the BB duke of york with some other cruisers and Destroyers.
the map is going to be changed into a Attacking allied force which have to destroy the harbour and airfield and the Germans defending it and try to sink the Allied fleet.

which means a change in planes settup for each base

American aircraft carriers will allow you to take of with any american Aircraft that are build for the carriers and the land base to take of with land based aircraft and heavy bombers.

I will completly remove Jet planes from both sides.

HunterICX

Kratos 07-11-07 09:10 AM

@ Xabbarus. theres a lesson to be learned m8....... DONT TRUST HIM :lol:
ive fallen foul to his tactics as well :yep: we were both blowing an airfield to hell the other night, and as i pulled up to level off for home he peppered me to hell and before i realised what the hell was going on, i was grinding my nose in the dirt.

HunterICX 07-11-07 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kratos
@ Xabbarus. theres a lesson to be learned m8....... DONT TRUST HIM :lol:
ive fallen foul to his tactics as well :yep: we were both blowing an airfield to hell the other night, and as i pulled up to level off for home he peppered me to hell and before i realised what the hell was going on, i was grinding my nose in the dirt.

No No kratos,
I warned Xabba that I was going to take a BF110 and hunt him down.

I've become fair now:roll:

XabbaRus 07-11-07 09:15 AM

Oh I knew he was going to jump in a 110 and take me out. If only when I went head to head I had my nose down a little more I might have taken him out.

I often do headons offline, but make sure I am not dead head on but off set so I can get my shot across him but not his on me.

Seriously I wish we had recorded the track as with no rudder and half and elevator I managed to keep turning, get a few shots off and recover from a couple of crazy spins.

We really need to get a whole bunch up.

Dowly 07-11-07 09:32 AM

Whaaa?! Fresh meat for the grinder?!!?! :o I'm there! ;)