SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   The Insanely Cheap Steam Sale Deals Thread (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=178691)

Stealhead 07-13-12 12:09 AM

If you can only buy one DLC for Shogun 2 get Fall of The Samurai it is better than Rise not that Rise is bad only buy Rise if you are really interested in that point in Japanese history (the time span covered in the base game is more interesting and has more troop variety) and do not waste the money on the factions or the blood pack unless you try the rest of the game and like it enough to try them.

Personally I would skip on Napoleon it does not offer much of anything new if anything once you play FOTS playing Napoleon will make you want to play that instead or Empire.Oh and the campaigns are sort of short in Napoleon which I do not like very much.

The elements added in FOTS are very neat the naval battles and shore bombardment is very fun/useful also the choice of modernization or old ways or a mixture is interesting and very challenging.You also get random points where you must make a choice and sometimes the effects are not always clear so have to go wit your gut and in FOTS you can choose at a certain point Shogun, Imperial,or neither(fun times this).

danlisa 07-13-12 06:35 AM

Steam related, not sale related.

Is there a way to retain a usable Steam library on a large HDD but choose to install 1 or 2 games to a SSD?

NVM - Found it.

eddie 07-13-12 02:26 PM

Its easy to purchase games during this sale, but downloading is another story altogether,lol

Herr-Berbunch 07-13-12 03:30 PM

I've still not played some games I bought in the xmas sale. :o

Their time will come.

eddie 07-13-12 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch (Post 1909225)
I've still not played some games I bought in the xmas sale. :o

Their time will come.

Have to agree with that statement, I enjoy taking my time with them. No hurry to beat some game within a day or two, got plenty of time to enjoy them!

wamphyri 07-13-12 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie (Post 1909259)
Have to agree with that statement, I enjoy taking my time with them. No hurry to beat some game within a day or two, got plenty of time to enjoy them!

This reminds me why I didn't buy an xbox360/wii/ps3 I have a ps2/gamecube and had an xbox with a stack of games I never got to finishing or even play. Now my steam library is looking like that, 42 games in it and very few have been finished.

I say this as i'm buying more during the sale, My name is Wamphyri and I am a video game buying addict.

Herr-Berbunch 07-13-12 06:20 PM

40 games in my library, 25 I've played - some of them were things like the GTA series on PS.

Still, I don't complain, a few pages ago I said I got some 17 games for about £20. I don't usually waste money. (Anyone want to buy a CH yoke?) :O:

eddie 07-13-12 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wamphyri (Post 1909282)
This reminds me why I didn't buy an xbox360/wii/ps3 I have a ps2/gamecube and had an xbox with a stack of games I never got to finishing or even play. Now my steam library is looking like that, 42 games in it and very few have been finished.

I say this as i'm buying more during the sale, My name is Wamphyri and I am a video game buying addict.

Thanks for sharing!!:haha:

Drewcifer 07-14-12 10:06 AM

we might need to start a steam rehab thread... :rotfl2:

Spike88 07-14-12 10:50 AM

I got lucky in the fact that I don't have any extra spending money until this upcoming Friday.

CaptainMattJ. 07-14-12 03:11 PM

Skyri is now 50% off. :).

Crécy 07-15-12 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike88 (Post 1909506)
I got lucky in the fact that I don't have any extra spending money until this upcoming Friday.

Well, you still luckily have two efficient days to hoard games :O:.

eddie 07-16-12 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch (Post 1909290)
40 games in my library, 25 I've played - some of them were things like the GTA series on PS.

Still, I don't complain, a few pages ago I said I got some 17 games for about £20. I don't usually waste money. (Anyone want to buy a CH yoke?) :O:

But, how many do you have from Gamersgate?:D I will never admit I have 31 from over there, plus the 22 I have from Steam. That's my story and I'm sticking to it,lol

Herr-Berbunch 07-16-12 01:32 PM

One or two from GG, and another couple from (now) D2D. Quite a few retail boxes too, usually second-hand.

Herr-Berbunch 07-16-12 04:10 PM

Has anybody 'played' Dear Esther?

Damned cheap, but little or no gameplay, but it is supposed to be really good. And it's just within my budget. :hmm2: