SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] Run Silent, Run Deep - The Campaign (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=123467)

hyperion2206 11-26-08 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Quote:

Originally Posted by hyperion2206
Ok, thanks. Then I'll have to ask Ducimus.

Ducimus doesn't work on TMO anymore.

But he'll surely know if he put that sub into his mod.:lol:

lurker_hlb3 11-26-08 05:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Quote:

Ok, thanks. Then I'll have to ask Ducimus.

Ducimus doesn't work on TMO anymore.

But he'll surely know if he put that sub into his mod.:lol:

Ducimus does not post here anymore nor will he respond to PM's

Bosje 11-27-08 11:05 AM

hey lurker,

i was based in midway (summer 1943) and was assigned an intricate patrol, going through some waypoints to end up in the sea of japan while maintaining radio silence. pretty cool mission orders i thought :)

but after returning, i requested transfer to australia. upon arrival i got the exact same mission assigned, sending me from fremantle to the northern sea of japan, through some waypoints.

i'll just waste torps in indonesian waters and return to base to see what the new orders will be, but i thought you might like to know

rfb1.52
patch
rsrd

Seapup 11-27-08 02:28 PM

AI Japanese Sub ...

Quote:

@lurker_hlb3: Did you include the AI_Jap_Sub in your mod? If so I've got a question: Yesterday I've sunk a Japanese sub and the sinking showed up in my on board logbook. But when I looked at the map there was no "ship sunk" symbol and when I returned to port the game didn't count the sub either. Do you know why?
BTW: I love your mod, really great work!:rock::up:
P.S.
I use TMO 1.5.2 and the latest version RSRD

For what it's worth I had the same thing happen to me. I sank the sub and moved on. It showed up on my patrol list of warships and merchants sunk but when I got back to port it wasn't counted among the other ships sunk or total tonnage. Just for the fun of it, I repeated the mission (as part of the same saved career) found the sub, sank it, and it happened again when I got back to port. This time I submerged and checked it out on my external camera and verified that it was a goner for sure. I guess I'll just chalk it up to another one of those mysteries of the deep. Nice to know someone else had the same experience. My ego feels better now!

Quagmire 11-27-08 11:16 PM

Here's a quirk. It seems Adm Nimitz cant think of anything for me to do...

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/8281/camperrqx1.jpg

Is my campaign over? Its probably a little bug. Anyone know how to fix it?

MOD LIST:
RFB_v1.52_102408
RFB_v1.52_Patch_111608
RSRDC_RFBv15_V396

Thanks!

LukeFF 11-27-08 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosje
i was based in midway (summer 1943) and was assigned an intricate patrol, going through some waypoints to end up in the sea of japan while maintaining radio silence. pretty cool mission orders i thought :)

but after returning, i requested transfer to australia. upon arrival i got the exact same mission assigned, sending me from fremantle to the northern sea of japan, through some waypoints.

i'll just waste torps in indonesian waters and return to base to see what the new orders will be, but i thought you might like to know

This has been a problem since the release of SH3. The game will not generate a new set of mission orders until you complete at least one patrol from your new base.

lurker_hlb3 11-28-08 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quagmire
Here's a quirk. It seems Adm Nimitz cant think of anything for me to do...

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/8281/camperrqx1.jpg

Is my campaign over? Its probably a little bug. Anyone know how to fix it?

MOD LIST:
RFB_v1.52_102408
RFB_v1.52_Patch_111608
RSRDC_RFBv15_V396

Thanks!

What was the "task force" were you assign to when you got this error. Better yet do you have the "save mission file"

Quagmire 11-28-08 01:46 AM

I should be better about knowing my task force. All I know is my home port is Brisbane.

Anyway, I did a little digging and I figured this one out. This has taught me a lot about the PatrolObjectives.cfg file and how it works. I also have a much greater appreciation for all the hard work that goes into all of this so hats off to ya!

The problem lies in Section 282 of the PatrolObjectives.cfg file. The path to the .mis file is incorrect. It reads FileName=data/Campaigns/Campaign/PatrolObjectives/SpeOps_SupDrp_NewBritain1/SpeOps_SupDrp_NewBritain2.mis. I changed it to FileName=data/Campaigns/Campaign/PatrolObjectives/SpeOps_SupDrp_NewBritain2/SpeOps_SupDrp_NewBritain2.mis and all is well.

Probably just a little typo. Hopefully I posted this before you spent a lot of time scratching your head.

Bosje 11-28-08 05:00 AM

ok, thanks
i should have played the stock game for a couple weeks, to at least be able to tell which bugs are stock :( sorry

lurker_hlb3 11-28-08 09:03 AM

Quote:

I should be better about knowing my task force. All I know is my home port is Brisbane.

Anyway, I did a little digging and I figured this one out. This has taught me a lot about the PatrolObjectives.cfg file and how it works. I also have a much greater appreciation for all the hard work that goes into all of this so hats off to ya!

The problem lies in Section 282 of the PatrolObjectives.cfg file. The path to the .mis file is incorrect. It reads FileName=data/Campaigns/Campaign/PatrolObjectives/SpeOps_SupDrp_NewBritain1/SpeOps_SupDrp_NewBritain2.mis. I changed it to FileName=data/Campaigns/Campaign/PatrolObjectives/SpeOps_SupDrp_NewBritain2/SpeOps_SupDrp_NewBritain2.mis and all is well.

Probably just a little typo. Hopefully I posted this before you spent a lot of time scratching your head.

The error shown in your image normally shows there is some sort of error in the assign mission itself. Your "trouble shooting" skills are spot on.

Quagmire 11-28-08 11:52 AM

Thanks man! Actually when this happened I figured that it was a problem with the campaign engine so first I looked at the CareerTrack.upc file in my save game folder. From there I noticed that the next PlayerCurrentObjective was ID282. From searching this forum I found that the Objective ID points to the PatrolObjectives.cfg file and then I had my "Ah, ha" moment. Searching for ID282 in that file brought me to the bad path entry to the .mis file.

So tracking down the logic of the campaign generator did the trick. And a lot of luck!

I was able to continue my campaign and complete the mission after this fix so condiser this one solved. By the way, I like the way you get the player to remain on station for four hours during the supply drop. Clever, I must say!

Te Kaha 11-29-08 08:51 AM

Quote:

By the way, I like the way you get the player to remain on station for four hours during the supply drop. Clever, I must say!

Guess I am missing something here; I know that you get a message that you should stay for 4 hrs, but departing sooner doesn't make any difference, you still get completely refuelled and you still get torpedoes - not always a full load, but still.

Some other thing, on my 14th patrol I was involved in the Battle of Leyte, chasing Ozawa's Northern Force - the one with the carriers - about 75 nm on it's way down south, managed to sink 3 DD's and one Taiyo CVE. I noticed that the date and course of the Task Force does not match historical data, i.e. you can't simply download a map of the real battle and sit around waiting, and that's a good thing!

The whereabouts are correct, i.e. it will pop up somewhere near it's historical position, but you still have to do lots of searching. The composition of the Task Force seems to be randomized somewhat as well - just for the fun of it I played the sequence three times, once there were 2 Kuma CL included, another time it was 2 instead of 1 Taiyo CVE ship - makes good replayability!

Thumbs up for this mod, I enjoy it! :up:

Quagmire 11-29-08 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Te Kaha
Guess I am missing something here; I know that you get a message that you should stay for 4 hrs, but departing sooner doesn't make any difference, you still get completely refuelled and you still get torpedoes - not always a full load, but still.

I'm not talking about refueling/refit, I'm talking about those supply drop missions. You know, where you bring supplies to a coast watcher on some far flung desert isle. If you wait around long enough you get an extra mission completed star which adds to your renown.

At least thats how I remember it...

Te Kaha 11-29-08 04:38 PM

Ah ok now I got it - just another confusion on my side :lol:

Never had such a mission, so can't talk about it (am running RSRD).

Rowddy 12-06-08 02:38 PM

can you run this MOD along with RFB_v1.52_102408 and RFB_v1.52_Patch_111608??

if i try that i get a warning saying that "Enabeling this MOD *may* have adverse effects on your game. Are you sure you wish to enable this MOD?? yes or NO??"

does this mean i gotta choose between 1 of them?

I get the same message with the Enviromental 5.0 MOD for that mather.