SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   LIVING SILENT HUNTER III EDITION 2015 - News & Download (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=220285)

steevo45 01-25-19 07:59 AM

Installing LSH3 in Steam

Hi,
Thanks for advice.
If I have understood correctly I would delete everything after program files,meaning deleting everything lower than the main steam folder except steam apps folder and user data (the other folders and all the many little files as well). Not sure which one is the steam.exe. Is it the one that says 'Application/Steam Client Bootstrapper?

If I have got this right I will proceed, pasting the whole steam folder to a new location (C/Games in my case as D is for backup). Then I can click on the exe and login as normal.

After all this I can point the LSH installer to the new location and it should work.

Sorry to repeat all this back to you but it has to be crystal clear as otherwise I will just get confused again!

Many thanks
Steve

hauangua 01-25-19 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steevo45 (Post 2588340)
Hi,
Thanks for advice.
If I have understood correctly I would delete everything after program files,meaning deleting everything lower than the main steam folder except steam apps folder and user data (the other folders and all the many little files as well). Not sure which one is the steam.exe. Is it the one that says 'Application/Steam Client Bootstrapper?

If I have got this right I will proceed, pasting the whole steam folder to a new location (C/Games in my case as D is for backup). Then I can click on the exe and login as normal.

After all this I can point the LSH installer to the new location and it should work.

Sorry to repeat all this back to you but it has to be crystal clear as otherwise I will just get confused again!

Many thanks
Steve

Steam Client Bootstrappe yesss

steevo45 01-26-19 05:00 AM

Installing LSH3 in Steam

Just 1 final question (I think!) Do you think it will work if I make the new steam location C/Games?
I can't use the D Drive as you suggest (it's only for system back up).
If so I'll cross my fingers and give it a go.....
Cheers
Steve

hauangua 01-26-19 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steevo45 (Post 2588458)
Just 1 final question (I think!) Do you think it will work if I make the new steam location C/Games?
I can't use the D Drive as you suggest (it's only for system back up).
If so I'll cross my fingers and give it a go.....
Cheers
Steve

I have Steam in C:Game and work good

steevo45 01-28-19 10:33 AM

Installing LSH3 in Steam

Hi Again,
I finally carried out your instructions exactly as you said in the previous email.
I now have my steam installation in Game/Steam and not in Program Files.
The steam Library Folder in settings now reads C:/Games/Steam
However, when I point the installer at the location C/Games/Steam......SilentHunter3 I still get the same message as before
'unable to locate extracted package'!!
Seems I'm still doing something wrong.
Please help!
Thanks

propbeanie 01-28-19 11:48 AM

It's "sounds" more like it is not able to find the install package, not the game. Where are you trying to run the LSH install from?

steevo45 01-28-19 09:54 PM

Installing LSH3 in Steam

Hi,
I have been trying ti install from the original download link from the first page of this thread and following the links till I get to that 'choose a pathway to install'. I have been using the 'divided into 9 separate files' option starting with the first starter-split.exe.
Cheers

propbeanie 01-28-19 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steevo45 (Post 2588901)
Hi,
I have been trying ti install from the original download link from the first page of this thread and following the links till I get to that 'choose a pathway to install'. I have been using the 'divided into 9 separate files' option starting with the first starter-split.exe.
Cheers

Have you followed the instructions in the "LSH3-EDITION-2015-INSTALLATION_EN.pdf"? Are the nine files named like shown in that pdf file? Are they all in the same folder? :salute:

steevo45 01-29-19 02:29 AM

Installing LSH3 in Steam

Hi,
This time something did happen. All the files are now downloaded in the download folder so I imagine it is just a case of clicking on each one separately and hopefully it will work this time!!

steevo45 01-29-19 02:46 AM

Installing LSH3 in Steam

Ooops! Spoke too soon. I have 9 starter files in download but won't extract or something like that but have LSH jgsmecommander, startcommander, hsie option selector, jgsme and the LSH3 Start exe files along with a manual and tools folder all inside a LHS3 2015 start Silent Hunter 3 Folder on desktop.
Steam going through Silent Hunter 3 update process too!!
All bewildering but it seems no progress and I feel I've walked into quicksand now!!
Maybe time to throw in the towel!!?

propbeanie 01-29-19 07:27 AM

You should have eight files, named "LSH3-Edition-2015-SPLIT.exe.#", with the "#" representing the numbers 1 through 8. Though there is "exe" in their names, they are not executable. There is also a "LSH3-EDITION-2015-STARTER-SPLIT.exe". All nine files have to be in the same folder. The "#" files are not run by you, the user. You run the "LSH3-EDITION-2015-STARTER-SPLIT.exe" file, which then steps through the files in turn, and does the work for you. :salute:

steevo45 01-29-19 08:32 AM

Installing LSH3 in Steam

I was going to send you 2 screenshots to show you where I'm at but don't know how to attach here so can't let you know much more. Can't seem to make any further progress in unzipping relevant files into a folder. Confused. Tried but just a big mess. Thanks for help anyway!

steevo45 01-30-19 10:59 PM

Installing LSH3 in Steam

Just to say that I finally got it successfully installed using the full undivided download so I want to thanks all 3 of you for your time and patience in getting me through to the end (Propbeanie, Hauangua and Berbster).
The fact that the graphics break down a minute into starting the game is another story! Back to the drawing board!
But, anyway, I really appreciate it.
Steve

hauangua 01-31-19 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steevo45 (Post 2589238)
Just to say that I finally got it successfully installed using the full undivided download so I want to thanks all 3 of you for your time and patience in getting me through to the end (Propbeanie, Hauangua and Berbster).
The fact that the graphics break down a minute into starting the game is another story! Back to the drawing board!
But, anyway, I really appreciate it.
Steve

Glad you solved Steve
:salute:

propbeanie 01-31-19 08:53 AM

I'm glad you got it going with the all-in-one install, but I'm sorry steevo45, I posted my LSH 2015 re-install in the wrong thread... a really bad case of oldmanitis I guess. Confusion as to whom I'm talking with, sort of like my mom... :har: - Anyway, it should have been here, but instead, it's here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...76#post2589076