SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   GWX (Grey Wolves eXpansion Mod) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=102096)

vuk 04-04-07 12:42 PM

Is there a single file way to get it off filefront?

danlisa 04-04-07 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vuk
Is there a single file way to get it off filefront?

I'm afraid not. There is a single d/l via a torrent client as this was the only way to ensure that there was no chance anyone would d/l a HUGE file only to find out it was corrupted. I don't know how well it is seeded now.

I think there is a single d/l available, check the GWX website for the link. (click my Sig):up:

Alex 04-04-07 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GWX official website
- as a single zip file at http://www.jeuxdeguerre.com/index.php?p=4&file_id=977&t=44
- as a single exe file installer at GameShadow

Hope this helps. :know:

Capt.Crackerjack 04-04-07 02:33 PM

Why So Few Dud Torps?

First of all, GWX is a fantastic mod and i am a strong supporter of your hard work and excellent mod results!:up:

However, it seems that a torp never strikes the target as a non-exploding dud, except when an impact trigger strikes at an very extreme angle. I received an in-game BdU message saying that about 21% of the early torps were duds and were accounting for about half of all misses and thus seriously lowering morale, but I do not see any duds (impact trigger near perpendicular) while playing.:cry:

It seems that a significant increase of dud torps during the early war period would lower the much too high tonnage per patrol figures in a realistic way. Can and will this matter be addressed in the next GWX upgrade?:yep:

Thanks much for the superb GWX!

Kpt. Lehmann 04-04-07 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt.Crackerjack
First of all, GWX is a fantastic mod and i am a strong supporter of your hard work and excellent mod results!:up:

However, it seems that a torp never strikes the target as a non-exploding dud, except when an impact trigger strikes at an very extreme angle. I received an in-game BdU message saying that about 21% of the early torps were duds and were accounting for about half of all misses and thus seriously lowering morale, but I do not see any duds (impact trigger near perpendicular) while playing.:cry:

It seems that a significant increase of dud torps during the early war period would lower the much too high tonnage per patrol figures in a realistic way. Can and will this matter be addressed in the next GWX upgrade?:yep:

Thanks much for the superb GWX!

Dud torpedoes are not well modelled in SH3. Unfortunately, we cannot change that element as it is hard-coded. We will look at peripheral ways of addressing it... but I wouldn't hold your breath.

For now all you can do is make sure that the realism options concerning torpedoes in SH3 are selected.

Snakeeyes 04-04-07 07:45 PM

My hands are full with 1.03!

Are "weak spots" still modeled in GWX? I've been trying to hit sweet spots in merchants and have not had a single "flare up." The general rule from SH3 is to aim for the engine room under the stack right?

danlisa 04-05-07 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snakeeyes
My hands are full with 1.03!

Are "weak spots" still modeled in GWX? I've been trying to hit sweet spots in merchants and have not had a single "flare up." The general rule from SH3 is to aim for the engine room under the stack right?

Yes, weak spots are still present but don't expect too many single torp kills. As per RL.:up:

You will still get plenty of 'light shows' but don't forget most ships sank from flooding.

Capt.Crackerjack 04-05-07 04:23 AM

Much Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann
Dud torpedoes are not well modelled in SH3. Unfortunately, we cannot change that element as it is hard-coded. We will look at peripheral ways of addressing it... but I wouldn't hold your breath.

For now all you can do is make sure that the realism options concerning torpedoes in SH3 are selected.

Much thanks for the reply, Kpt. Lehmann, a peripheral fix for duds would at least be better than nothing, but I do understand the difficulties as you describe. I'll keep my fingers crossed!:up:

P_Funk 04-05-07 06:40 AM

Okay so I just watched the GWX "movie" again for the first time in awhile. What really struck me was the sounds of the crew screaming ALARM when crash diving.

Just throwing this out there but I'd much prefer to hear that when I crash dive than just my CE not even rasing his voice. I know that the alarm bell goes but I also hear the regular diving sequence sounds. I wonder if it would be possible to add that sequence of crash diving sounds from the movie to my game, minus the depth charge sounds of course.

I know stabiz made the movie but I'm asking here because its the GWX movie.

danlisa 04-05-07 06:58 AM

@ P_Funk

Are you playing with German Sounds and English Text?

If you are not then I suggest you try it. The German sounds are really the best way to play, after all they got the GWX overhaul aswell.

I play with the above config and always get ALLLLLLLLAAAAAAARRRRRMMMMM!!!!!:up:

P_Funk 04-05-07 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danlisa
@ P_Funk

Are you playing with German Sounds and English Text?

If you are not then I suggest you try it. The German sounds are really the best way to play, after all they got the GWX overhaul aswell.

I play with the above config and always get ALLLLLLLLAAAAAAARRRRRMMMMM!!!!!:up:

Oh really. I'm daft.

Actually I did start my patrol with the German voice enabled. But I swear the next time I loaded the save it was in english again.:doh:

Either way I'm gonna rectify that. Thanks.

But is it the full breadth of the GWX movie's version or is it just a single ALAAAAAAAARRRRRRMMM!?

danlisa 04-05-07 07:29 AM

The movie has ingame sounds :cool:.

jonpfl 04-05-07 04:51 PM

Problem downloading

All,

Does anyone have any other links? I have downloaded the first 2 but now I can't get the other 3. It seems like it is going to start with megaupload.com and then it just says "Page not found"

All the other links seem to be dead as well

Thx
jonpfl

danlisa 04-05-07 05:25 PM

Welcome jonpfl:up:

I've just tested these and I see what you mean.:-?

All I can suggest is try again later or if you have a torrent client then use the torrent d/l at the top of the GWX website. I'm still seeding.:up:

I'll let the devs know but the mirrors are probably having a few hiccups.

Alex 04-05-07 05:38 PM

@ GWX team : I re-installed GWX and the 1.03 patch, and still noticed 2 details.... The first one, about french translation :

http://img255.imageshack.us/my.php?i...2098361pm0.png : the right sentence is "Déplacement indisponible dans poste torpilles de proue Pas Assez de personnel dans ce compartiment". ;)

The second one : I think that you all remember the sunk Passenger liner burning in Dover : Look at this screenshot of GWX patched to 1.03, this ship was right here. Now, that's cool, there is no more sunk passenger liner (the ship is not there any more), but.... Well, just see this picture, better than 1000 words : http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7937/46550923bc4.png