SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [WIP] The Modern Subs Project (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=161396)

Dr.Silversides 03-08-10 10:53 PM

I love it!, very nice job, kudos. The camera system is exactly that of RFB, i realized that immidiately, which is nice except for the fact you can pan right through the middle of your sub and other ships. The Mk. 48s are nice to have. The boat has really nice dynamics through the water i think, she behaves pretty well at high speeds, too. Nice touch btw with the automatically extending radar mast, however it would be nice to have it extendable/retractable while underway at periscope depth. I noticed one thing, I don't know if this was only a one time thing or what, but the rudder didn't shift very smoothly, it kind of moved in increments, Its not a big issue, just noticed it; also there is kind of a strange texture on the bottom of the rudder/verticle stabilizer, it is kind of striped or something, also nothing significant. anyways thanks for a great boat (campaign would be nice too eventually!)

ETR3(SS) 03-09-10 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkins10 (Post 1302440)
Turns out this was made for v 1.5 is there anyway i can get it online just downloading that patch and not buying a new game?

Unfortunately you can't have one without the other. I put off buying the xpack for a while but when I did I was glad I did.

mcgee151 03-09-10 11:10 AM

Ello, ive got theoriginal CD version of SH4. Not sure which version that is. Are there any of these sub mods (Nautalis, Typhoon, Ohio, Titan, Kraken ect. ect.) that are compatible with with the CD version?:hmmm:

Marka Ragnos 03-10-10 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcgee151 (Post 1304495)
Ello, ive got theoriginal CD version of SH4. Not sure which version that is. Are there any of these sub mods (Nautalis, Typhoon, Ohio, Titan, Kraken ect. ect.) that are compatible with with the CD version?:hmmm:

Depends, do you have the u boat expansion on cd?
If yes that is the 1.5 version.

I have both on cd aswell.

ElephantMemory 03-30-10 05:14 PM

Any updates? :) I would love to see a Russian sub next. Maybe an Oscar or Akula

Keep up the good work!

ETR3(SS) 03-30-10 08:38 PM

None yet. I've been distracted from SH lately. My interest in the game and modding waxes and wanes like the moon. I think I'm getting to the waxing stage so more work will get done here soon.

ElephantMemory 03-31-10 04:35 AM

Just give me 1 Russian Sub before your interest dies out all the way :)

Good Hunting
Kevin

Julhelm 04-04-10 04:36 AM

So how does one go about modelling a sub for SH4? I use both max and maya.

ETR3(SS) 04-08-10 09:12 PM

Update

I've got my template all set for the first Russian sub. So now it's a matter of importing the models and coming up with textures. Oh and new torpedoes will be need for the Russian boats. Anybody know of a good place with pictures of Russian torpedoes? I have a model for a Type 65, but need something for the Type 53-65K and the SAET-60M.

haozhibof1 04-14-10 05:06 AM

The Virginia is not fully compatible with Ohio. It seems that Ohio has a completely new periscope file and it is much longer than the original one.

ETR3(SS) 04-14-10 01:19 PM

That is correct. The Virginia was not made to be compatible with other mods, at least not yet. And it's still a beta at this point.

Karle94 04-14-10 01:55 PM

I have found a 3D model of the Delta IV.

Hotmanandre 04-15-10 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karle94 (Post 1359653)
I have found a 3D model of the Delta IV.

Well so float it:salute:. It is 667BDRM project the "Dolphin" is called.:DL

treblesum81 05-15-10 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Silversides (Post 1298774)
Ahhh YAY!! Thank you guys so much for putting together such a great collection of nuke boats for us to play with, i love these new subs, despite the unfair advantage they're still a blast. =D I notice there has been quite a bit of discussion over the launching of missiles "and such", just wondering but has anyone considered contacting Silverwolf about the missle he implemented in his "Kraken" mod?? You probably already knew that existed but i figured it was worth throwing out there, lookin foreward to these awesome boats ;):salute:

The Kraken missile is really just a converted deck cannon (you can tell because he had to man the deck gun to fire it, and because of the trajectory of the "missile").

I'm excited about this one... I really hope you guys can push through on this one to get it released since its been talked about and in the works in some form or another for a long, long time. I would offer my help, but I'm still trying to figure out the vertical launch thing, and I have a bad habit of disappearing for long stretches, which isn't conducive to working in a group. Either way, I'm following this one closely :)

Dr.Silversides 05-21-10 09:17 PM

just wondering if we have any notable progress on this mod so far guys??
~merci