SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Flakmonkey's Interior with crew (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=180438)

complutum 04-09-11 05:23 AM

Hi mates, some days have passed since last post here.

When do you think we could have a first release of your animated version of this great mod?

Congratulations, you're making a fantastic job.

MCHALO12 05-05-11 03:42 PM

Hi mates,

I have been working on animations together with Diving Duck for the last weeks, thankfully, he agreed to helping me implementing the animations. His knowledge about StateMachineControllers gave us the possibility to create multiple animations for each character. These animations are displayed dependent on different orders, game situations and also coincidence. By using this technology, a natural variety of animations can be archieved.

Together, we made great progress at this mod. Diving Duck is actually working on a small trailer that will show you some examples of the different animations.

I can't really tell how far away a first release is today, but it's my intention to provide the first animated version as soon as possible. So stay tuned, the trailer will (hopefully) be online by the beginning of next week.

Best regards, MCHALO12.

fitzcarraldo 05-05-11 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCHALO12 (Post 1657653)
Hi mates,

I have been working on animations together with Diving Duck for the last weeks, thankfully, he agreed to helping me implementing the animations. His knowledge about StateMachineControllers gave us the possibility to create multiple animations for each character. These animations are displayed dependent on different orders, game situations and also coincidence. By using this technology, a natural variety of animations can be archieved.

Together, we made great progress at this mod. Diving Duck is actually working on a small trailer that will show you some examples of the different animations.

I can't really tell how far away a first release is today, but it's my intention to provide the first animated version as soon as possible. So stay tuned, the trailer will (hopefully) be online by the beginning of next week.

Best regards, MCHALO12.

Many thanks, Mchalo, waiting the "trailer".

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

Fish In The Water 05-05-11 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCHALO12 (Post 1657653)

Thank you both. Looking forward to the trailer! :up:

urfisch 05-06-11 03:04 AM

very interesting!!! what do you think guys...privateer spoke of new crew models are possible, if one makes the animation for them complete new from the scratch.

agree? or are there any problems on that...

:hmmm:

Rickster1 05-06-11 08:58 AM

Excellent

MCHALO12 05-07-11 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urfisch (Post 1657998)
very interesting!!! what do you think guys...privateer spoke of new crew models are possible, if one makes the animation for them complete new from the scratch.

agree? or are there any problems on that...

:hmmm:

Hi Urfisch,

I can't really tell how the hardcoded animations of the stock crew work in SH3, and I also don't know if there will be any problems if new crew models were implemented.

From my point of view, I had to nearly completely rebuild my mod, and I don't think that this would be worth the amount of time which was needed. By the way, are there already better looking 3d-models that could be used?

Best regards, MCHALO12.

urfisch 05-08-11 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCHALO12 (Post 1658707)
Hi Urfisch,

I can't really tell how the hardcoded animations of the stock crew work in SH3, and I also don't know if there will be any problems if new crew models were implemented.

From my point of view, I had to nearly completely rebuild my mod, and I don't think that this would be worth the amount of time which was needed. By the way, are there already better looking 3d-models that could be used?

Best regards, MCHALO12.

please take a look into the sh5 mod section. tdw and privateer have released tools to export the crew models from sh5. now i dont know, how they can replace the stock crew models in sh3. but privateer wrote, if we use new models, each existing ingame animation has to be rebuilt...

i think silenteditor was able to export 3d data from sh4 also...so one can use the sh4 crew instead.

anyway. using a new model means all related animations have to be rebuilt, cause changing the 3d data destroys the existing animations.

Madox58 05-08-11 12:54 PM

@ Urfisch

Once I get the new importer/exporter for CFX finished along with the support files?
Animating things will be easier.
BUT! as the heads and such are seperate objects?
It will be a MAJOR project to re-do the things needed to change Crew animations.
It can be done!! Have no doubts about that!
DivingDuck and I have both done tests to prove that it works.

My last major project here is to get the needed work done for the CFX Tools.
It's a free program that will support this type project.
Then it's up to the clever new Modders to grab it all and run with it.
:yep:

Myxale 05-08-11 01:16 PM

Sounds like you're about to leave a legacy...

MCHALO12 05-09-11 02:38 PM

Hi mates,

the announced teaser is ready and online, so everybody who is interested in the animations should immediately watch either the normal Version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAwTr...ature=youtu.be

or the HD version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAwTr...=youtu.be&hd=1

of the teaser! :-)

Have fun, Diving Duck and me are very excited to get feedback from you!

Best regards, MCHALO12.

Myxale 05-09-11 02:43 PM

:o
Let me be the first to congrats you and DD for this cool preview. It was a totally different feeling. Seeing the boat fulled with ani-motion :03:.

Kudos. And kudos for the classy soundtrack! :arrgh!:

reaper7 05-09-11 03:38 PM

There's life in them there sailors ;) Nicely done Guys :up:

h.sie 05-09-11 04:56 PM

WOW!

frau kaleun 05-09-11 05:21 PM

Holy crap. I can almost smell what Smutje is cooking! :rock::salute: