SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   SH3 Commander-The Complete Super Deluxe Thallium Commander's Special Ultimate Edition (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=147237)

Sailor Steve 08-30-14 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wizardmatt (Post 2237735)
what with my habit of reinstalling each time a cool new mod came out :rotfl2:

Are we long-lost twins? I keep having to explain to people why, after nine years of playing SH3, I've never progressed beyond late 1940. It's not because they keep killing me, but because, well... :sunny:

zeedesertfox 10-16-14 11:25 PM

For whoever made this, thank you. I've started writing stories about the adventures of U-124. Funnily enough, IRL she only went on 11 patrols, and thats all I managed to do before being forced to surrender.

Sailor Steve 10-17-14 04:14 AM

Welcome aboard! :sunny:

HW3 10-17-14 04:40 AM

Welcome Aboard!

Jimbuna 10-17-14 08:38 AM

Welcome to SubSim :salute:

Lanzfeld 10-22-14 08:13 AM

Could someone explain the difference between the settings "realistic" crews and "Already in SH3" crews?

Many thanks

rowi58 10-22-14 08:42 AM

Hi Lanzfeld,

"reakistic" means SH3_Cmdr will create his own crew (with differnt abilities and ranks). "Allready in SH3" means that SH3_Cmdr will take one of the 3 crew-config-files (per boat type), for example "crew_config_VII_3.cfg" which you can find in folder "data/Cfg".

Greetings
rowi58

moxeys 01-26-15 04:42 PM

Hey guys,

Is it possible to use this mod *without* the career features?

I'm very interested in utilizing some of the gameplay enhancements (loading screens, custom campaign start dates, custom time compression settings etc.) but as a noob I'm not super interested in the pilot career features at the moment.

Thanks!

BigWalleye 01-26-15 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moxeys (Post 2282060)
Hey guys,

Is it possible to use this mod *without* the career features?

I'm very interested in utilizing some of the gameplay enhancements (loading screens, custom campaign start dates, custom time compression settings etc.) but as a noob I'm not super interested in the pilot career features at the moment.

Thanks!

Just select "Single Mission" instead of "New Career".

moxeys 02-04-15 04:57 PM

Sorry for the late response, will this still allow me to play a campaign in the game, even if I'm using the single mission option in commander?

Fubar2Niner 02-05-15 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moxeys (Post 2284470)
Sorry for the late response, will this still allow me to play a campaign in the game, even if I'm using the single mission option in commander?

A tad lost here mate, 'Career' = campaign :yep: Single mission is exactly what it says, a single mission which you can choose.

Best regards.
Fubar2Niner

Nerazzurri 02-16-15 07:24 AM

First time I've encountered this problem.

Fired up SH3, and then my mid-patrol save, through Commander as usual and got a CTD. When I restarted Commander I noticed it had a 'null' patrol grid. So I thought no problem, just manually enter a new grid and that'll solve it. But it didn't.

When I try to manually enter a grid and click on the tick button it doesn't register - Comm still shows 'null grid'.

I'm not sure if I should try an earlier save or whether it would ruin that save.

Any thoughts please??

BigWalleye 02-16-15 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerazzurri (Post 2288157)
First time I've encountered this problem.

Fired up SH3, and then my mid-patrol save, through Commander as usual and got a CTD. When I restarted Commander I noticed it had a 'null' patrol grid. So I thought no problem, just manually enter a new grid and that'll solve it. But it didn't.

When I try to manually enter a grid and click on the tick button it doesn't register - Comm still shows 'null grid'.

I'm not sure if I should try an earlier save or whether it would ruin that save.

Any thoughts please??

That's a feature.:)

Seriously, any time you end a career abnormally, you will see the Null grid designator. For example, if you delete your last save, then exit SH3 to Commander, Null grid will appear. If you choose Abandon Career, then delete the "Dead" save, it will appear. You can not change it. But it doesn't affect anything. When you restart SH3 from SH3C reload a save, and exit that with a normal save, the proper grid designation will reappear. And the Null designation will not a have any impact on any previous save. This may be the worst bug Jscones left in SH3C. If so, I for one can live with it.:)

rowi58 02-16-15 08:19 AM

Hi Nerazzurri,

i allways play with SH3_Cmdr. But i still have this problem with the grid NULL when i start a socalled "savegame". Normaly - realy normaly - that doesn't matter. Ignore the grid NULL and start your savegame. In more than 90% of all cases it will start fine - that's my experience.

Greetings
rowi58

Ups, BigWalleye was a little bit faster.:ahoy:

Nerazzurri 02-16-15 02:06 PM

Thanks folks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigWalleye (Post 2288171)
Seriously, any time you end a career abnormally, you will see the Null grid designator. For example, if you delete your last save, then exit SH3 to Commander, Null grid will appear. If you choose Abandon Career, then delete the "Dead" save, it will appear. You can not change it. But it doesn't affect anything. When you restart SH3 from SH3C reload a save, and exit that with a normal save, the proper grid designation will reappear.

Thing is, I've not did any of those; and when I try to start the save game it loads until the initial script, 'a long time ago' or whatever it is, appears and then it crashes.

I also tried reloading the previous save, so losing the most previous one, but it behaved just the same.

Puzzling.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rowi58 (Post 2288174)
But i still have this problem with the grid NULL when i start a socalled "savegame". Normaly - realy normaly - that doesn't matter. Ignore the grid NULL and start your savegame. In more than 90% of all cases it will start fine - that's my experience.

Yeah, I tried ignoring it and also entering a new grid. Neither worked. I tried ignoring it and loading the save about 5 or six times with no success.

I saved the patrol and exited the game in my normal manner - on the surface with no contacts, in the control room (F2), exit and save, then return to base (the other option is continue).

Weird.