SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] RFB/Real Fleet Boat for 1.5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=125529)

DrBeast 06-20-08 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFB Team
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBeast
Bear in mind, then, that this will work just fine on ships loaded with plain Freight cargo. But, load them with Ammo or Fuel, and you'll get ships breaking in half with a single torpedo hit. Stock merchants and (I'm hazarding a guess here) RFB and TM merchants only carry Freight, but in RSRDC roughly 1 out of 4 ships carries either Ammo or Fuel. Just a heads-up ;)

I'm sure we'll get it all worked out. Observer knows his stuff when it comes to ship damage modeling.

Just what I wanted to hear :up:

Manjushaka 06-20-08 08:51 AM

I can't get this mod to work!!!!:stare:

Can someone pls tell me to exactly WHICH folder to unzip to? and in WHICH folder should the mod folder and JSGME be?

Egon01 06-20-08 09:32 AM

Hey

I have big problem with saves after installing RFB. I use v 1.5. I made few tests and it happens when I use RFB mod. Everytime when I save the game and I am in middle of ocean and than I try to load this save strange things happens. Example: I save game with heavy storm and when I load this save there is nice weather:sunny: but the worst thing is that after restart the game I can't load this save, game crashes. I usually save the game when I find contact with my hydro and before I start intercepting it. Another issue happens during intercetping. When I start drawing lines, angles etc. on the map and save the game, than when I load this save map is clear, no lines, no angles....:o Anyone know what is wrong and how I can fix it ?

Mods which I use:

RFB v1.5_060308
RSRDC_RFBv15_V395_RC5
ROW Pacific_Environments 3.3

Thank you

PS Sorry for my english, it's not my first language.

Egon01 06-20-08 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manjushaka
I can't get this mod to work!!!!:stare:

Can someone pls tell me to exactly WHICH folder to unzip to? and in WHICH folder should the mod folder and JSGME be?

After installing JSGME, make folder MODS in your main SH4 directory. Than unzip RFB to this directory (example: /SH4/MODS/RFB). Than run JSGME and just install the mod.

Manjushaka 06-20-08 11:26 AM

Ok I captured a screenshot. This is where my MODS folder and JSGME is. Is it where they're suppose to be? Even after activating the mod, it still wouldn't work. One thing I didn't do, is reinstalling the game. I didn't think that was neccessary as this will be my first mod ever installed on SH4.

Egon01 06-20-08 12:12 PM

Hmm...I don't see any screnshoot..

Manjushaka 06-20-08 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Egon01
Hmm...I don't see any screnshoot..

\

Yeah that's because the plan was to include it in the next post. You weren't suppose to see any screenshots in the previous one. :oops:

http://www.geocities.com/erotika_please/Clipboard01.jpg

Fish40 06-20-08 01:22 PM

If I'm not mistaken, it looks like you're useing a 1.4 version of the mod. You say you have version 1.5 of the game? you should be useing the latest RFB, with the link on the main page of this thread. I have no problems with this mod, and I've saved a couple of games doing everything you're NOT supposed to do while saveing a game. Still no problems. Check your mod version first:yep:

LukeFF 06-20-08 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish40
If I'm not mistaken, it looks like you're useing a 1.4 version of the mod. You say you have version 1.5 of the game? you should be useing the latest RFB, with the link on the main page of this thread. I have no problems with this mod, and I've saved a couple of games doing everything you're NOT supposed to do while saveing a game. Still no problems. Check your mod version first:yep:

I see he has the gu.exe icon there, which would indicate he has 1.5 installed. That's why it pays to read the stickies. ;)

Fincuan 06-20-08 04:23 PM

gu.exe came with 1.4. One of those things they put into that patch "to prepare" for 1.5.

AVGWarhawk 06-20-08 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fincuan
gu.exe came with 1.4. One of those things they put into that patch "to prepare" for 1.5.

I thought the GU.exe came with the 1.5 add on.

Fincuan 06-20-08 07:07 PM

It came with 1.4, because the first thing I did after installing the patch was to redirect the shortcut back to SH4.exe :). An easy way to check this is to look at one of those "Changed files between 1.3 & 1.4" lists(such as this). I bet gu.exe is mentioned there as a new file.

edit: Ok the Filefront link is dead, but anyway gu.exe is mentioned on the first page of that thread

Manjushaka 06-20-08 09:09 PM

No, I'm using 1.4

msalama 06-23-08 08:46 AM

Eh... just a wee question if you don't mind gents :oops:

I'm a total n00b as regards fleetboats and there's something that really puzzles me a lot. RFB seems to be an excellent mod otherwise, but my Salmon starts to get hull damage at 300ft already :o I'm using NSM4, RFB 1.5 and RSRD for RFB v1.5.

Is this the way it really was, or do I have a mod conflict or something here? The redline, FWIW, seems to be somewhere around the 400ft mark or so...

S!

PS. All mods were installed as instructed in the first post of this thread.

06-23-08 09:36 AM

msalama,

just wanted to let you know that I had a similar problem in a Sargo. I hit about 200 ft. and then went to periscope depth. About 2 minutes after I got to PD, I started to take damage and was crushed.

I'm running version 1.5, ROW PE 3.3, RFB (latest), and RSRD (latest)
(In order of activation)

-I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's a problem with 1.5.
-I read on the NSM post that it's not compatable with 1.5(UBM)

-I'm testing a few things. Tell me, did you crash dive?
-Any saves submerged?