SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   G'Day from an old Tanker (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=168303)

morttheslayer 09-01-10 03:30 PM

Good to have you back from shore leave Frinik

Frinik - Yes our English Summers are reassuringly fleeting!! We did have one this year though it came early. Mrs Panzer Commander is looking for winter quarters and a good defensive position. Me --- I'm looking for an easy life :haha:
Hope your graphics card cuts it for you albeit a model down.
I just had a problem where my card just overtemped (95deg C) had a bonging warning so I checked the temp quickly (on the V Tune utility) and shut off right away. On checking the fan had ceased to operate. Cut a long story short ordered the Akasa Vortexx Neo ---- replacement h/s and fan ---- as supposed to fit my 9800GTX+ but did it ( No rollocks!!!!)

Now it does!! after snipping the aluminium fins with Mrs Panz Cdr's nail scissors and cutting out the plastic casing in 3 places (araldite-ing some reinforcing plastic back as stiffening) and having a minor wiring change (now to PSU no fan control now from the card connection - as 100% all the time) it seems to work OK. Took 3 days on and off to mod the "preferred solution". Need some more tests but looks like running just above 50 deg c on GPU intensive apps.

Down side Mrs Panzer Cdr is having trouble cutting her prehensile nails now with the mangled nail scissors - I could be in trouble soon. I suggested that her nails had thickened up dramatically because she's getting old tough and brittle :har:

Anyway I love the look of Zees work to date - it's looking superb. I agree with youre comment about a degree of replayability, if it could ever be introduced by randomising some elements this game could last forever (well almost !!). Mind you Zee has a shed load of work here I can only marvel at his ability and competence and wish I were ten per cent as good!!
Mind you where graphics card coolers are concerned I'm your man!! have scissors will travel :haha:

All the best - Mort:salute:

KnightsCross 03-27-11 02:18 AM

Hi Gents
just dropped in to say hi, read some posts and find out the latest.
hope you are all well
:salute:
KnightCross

KnightsCross 03-27-11 03:43 AM

Hi again :oops:
Well i thought I knew what I was doing after reading a few threads but is seems I don't have a clue
I was lucky enough to have a good friend who gave me his old pc
So I loaded up TvsT and cant get it to run. After the game loads and I choose a game to play, it loads the game then stops. The error TvsT.exe has stopped working.
So after reading your threads I thought I would reload active X9c, no joy.
I ran the game in compatability mods XPsp2 and Vista and each time it fails just before I get to play a game

Any help would be greatly appreciated
:salute:
Thx once again

This is what I have

Window 7 SP1
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+
2.4Ghz
32-bit operating system
2.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT 512 MB
1279 MB Total available graphics memory
DirectX 10

frinik 03-27-11 05:35 AM

dLL FILES

HI Knightscross! It's probabbly because you are missing the following dll files in your game . Without them it crashes:

mscvi70
msvcp71
msvcr70
msvcr71

If you don't have them in your game's main folder then you ahve your answer.

You can find and doznload them from Microsoft's download website.

CHEERS AND WELCOME BACK!:salute:

KnightsCross 03-28-11 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frinik (Post 1628787)
HI Knightscross! It's probabbly because you are missing the following dll files in your game . Without them it crashes:

mscvi70
msvcp71
msvcr70
msvcr71

If you don't have them in your game's main folder then you ahve your answer.

You can find and doznload them from Microsoft's download website.

CHEERS AND WELCOME BACK!:salute:

:yeah:You are a Legend
I have just loaded the game, put it on pause to come back and thank you
Thanks so much this is the first thing thats gone right all day
:)
you:rock:
Knight

frinik 03-28-11 09:23 AM

Happy that it works!

Happy to help Kightscross.This is what this forum is all about ,a bunch of ordinary blokes trying to help each other out and exchanging useful tips, mods, games and news!

Cheers:salute: