SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] Run Silent, Run Deep - The Campaign (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=123467)

lurker_hlb3 04-07-08 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conmcloud
Hi everyone,
I don't know how to ready the RSRD missions cooridintates yet if anyone can help me, second I keep getting the same mission on patroling off luzon over and ovaer again. Is that suppose to happen. Even when I leave from pearl harbor it's the same mission. Do I have to reinstall the 1.4 patch again?

Thanks

Sounds like a bad install. If the mission assignment is in the Luzon Straits all the time, you have some how trashed your install.

lurker_hlb3 04-08-08 06:51 AM

New patches are up for RSRDC

Patch 3 for V355 ( Stock ) is a patch that correct some small problems.

Patch 4 for V371 is to support the new TMO Service Packs.

Go to the first post for links

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...98&postcount=1

thasaint 04-08-08 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Quote:

Originally Posted by peewee
wow, you guys are quick..:-) I hope I didnt cause you a ton of work......the rest of the mod is great......I guess I should have said that before. Thanks for all your efforts in making this game so much more enjoyable.......

Because of your pic's and date / location info was able the find the problem in less then 10 minutes. I wish other would follow you example, it makes trouble shooting a lot easier

i had the same problem NW of rabaul... the ships were headed towards rabaul btw. sorry i don't remember the date but it was pre '44, i lost that savefile :(

lurker_hlb3 04-08-08 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thasaint
Quote:

Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Quote:

Originally Posted by peewee
wow, you guys are quick..:-) I hope I didnt cause you a ton of work......the rest of the mod is great......I guess I should have said that before. Thanks for all your efforts in making this game so much more enjoyable.......

Because of your pic's and date / location info was able the find the problem in less then 10 minutes. I wish other would follow you example, it makes trouble shooting a lot easier

i had the same problem NW of rabaul... the ships were headed towards rabaul btw. sorry i don't remember the date but it was pre '44, i lost that savefile :(

It's fixed in the patch

thasaint 04-08-08 10:25 PM

awesome glad to hear it, patch is installed

linerkiller 04-09-08 12:29 AM

Holy Loch-UK

yesterday i have started a new career with a gato at Holy loch (subron 50), to test Duci's new work. I also enabled RSRD 371+patch 4. When I come back from the patrol ( sank a grofaz's merchant ship ) I discovered that I cannot dock because there wasn't the little anchor over Holy L.:doh:
Is that a little RSRD bug?
However, both your and Duci's mods are simply superb:up: ! Good work:D

lurker_hlb3 04-09-08 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linerkiller
yesterday i have started a new career with a gato at Holy loch (subron 50), to test Duci's new work. I also enabled RSRD 371+patch 4. When I come back from the patrol ( sank a grofaz's merchant ship ) I discovered that I cannot dock because there wasn't the little anchor over Holy L.:doh:
Is that a little RSRD bug?
However, both your and Duci's mods are simply superb:up: ! Good work:D

Busted

Left out Holy Lock out of the US_NavalBase.mis file. Well here goes another patch

See first post for V371 Patch 5 that corrects this problem

thasaint 04-09-08 10:32 AM

direct link to patch 5 isn't working for me... i had to go to your page on filefront and select it

lurker_hlb3 04-09-08 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thasaint
direct link to patch 5 isn't working for me... i had to go to your page on filefront and select it

Should work now

tedhealy 04-15-08 11:33 AM

Running latest tmo+rsrd w/patch and I ran into a sub near Kwajalein in the middle of the night in mid '43. My guys spotted him at about 3000 yards and I'd estimate he was doing around 10 knots. I crash dived and then came back up to periscope depth to try and take a shot at it but couldn't find a sub in the ID book to get the range for the stadimeter. Did I just miss the sub entry in the ID book because I was flipping through it pretty fast? I was looking under Japanese, perhaps it was German?

I suppose I could have gone with the sonar to get range but I didn't think about that in my shock at seeing another sub.

Is there a sub in the recog manual? Oh and can those AI subs fire back?

M. Sarsfield 04-15-08 12:08 PM

I don't think that they can fire torpedoes, but I thought I heard someone say that they will shoot at you with the deck gun. I have not come across any subs in the recognition manual. There is a mod for the US TDC to enter the range manually.

JoeCorrado 04-15-08 03:16 PM

Do I still need the ASW_9.0_STANDARD_1.5 mod with RSRD or does RSRD take care of the problem with way too many aircraft? When I went to apply the ASW mod JSGME said that there were many files that had already been modified by RSRD.

Should I apply the ASW_9.0_STANDARD_1.5 mod and allow the over writes, or leave the RSRD changes?

M. Sarsfield 04-15-08 03:59 PM

I'm using one of the ASW mods, but can't remember which one. Either way, it's okay to let the mod overwrite some of RSRDC's files.

Prushn 04-18-08 07:01 AM

RSRD for 1.4?

Maybe I missed it but is there a RSRD for version 1.4. I found TMO for 1.4 but i enjoy running both TMO and RSRD together.

DrBeast 04-18-08 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prushn
Maybe I missed it but is there a RSRD for version 1.4. I found TMO for 1.4 but i enjoy running both TMO and RSRD together.

Support for any 1.4 versions has sadly been pulled. Too many versions to be handled by one person only.