SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [WIP] Mega-Mod for SH5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=176123)

marleymen 01-29-11 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1586067)
The new version (v0.0.5) of MO will be released when TheGeneral completes his work on the icebergs for the campaign :yep:

This version will not be a patch but a complete version as there are so many having problems with installing patches.

@ Otto: as you using a 32 bit OS? If so, look back some pages here and you'll see something I posted about enabling more memory for the game. Something to try

I tried enabling more memory in my XP 32 bits. But donīt know the Administrator password, and without that I canīt type the command. Any other way to enable more memory ?

Silent Steel 01-30-11 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marleymen (Post 1585922)
Hello TDW,
  • Good to see adding Lite Campaign. Makes objectives more realistic.
  • The change for IRAI to 0.85 difficulty is a good choice. +1
  • You should post a link to Venatoreīs sound mods post. All are welcome.
  • Make the underwater colour optional mod, not required in the mod.
Staying for the release to install and give feedback. (I want to remember everyone your words in the #1 post : This is a BETA release)

Thanks for your effort. :arrgh!:

If you're looking for Venatore's mods you find them here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=173371

//

stoianm 01-30-11 08:19 AM

Hi TDW,

Can you take in consideration to add the ''Zoomable external camera'' in your MO. I found him very useful. Here is the link:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1571

Thanks!:salute:

[501]Otto 01-30-11 08:38 AM

Quote:

@ Otto: as you using a 32 bit OS? If so, look back some pages here and you'll see something I posted about enabling more memory for the game. Something to try

Thx mate, but it is not a 32 bits OS.
My fault, I did not list my specs :damn:
Windows 7 ultimate 64x
intel quad Q6600 2.4ghz
GeForce Gtx 285
Ram: 4 gbs

TheDarkWraith 01-30-11 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoianm (Post 1586320)
Hi TDW,

Can you take in consideration to add the ''Zoomable external camera'' in your MO. I found him very useful. Here is the link:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1571

move your mousewheel and you'll see that I've already included something like it. You can also zoom camera on sub free cam and object cam (from camera bar)

stoianm 01-30-11 11:31 AM

By the way, i was noticed that a lot of people are using Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.2 MFCM Basemod after your MO mod, and, they do not knot that are overiting your sh file from TDW FIX. Maybe you can update you SH file or ask Stormy to update his sound mod collection.

Will you consider to make an MO parts only with sounds mods in the future?

Magic1111 01-30-11 12:32 PM

Quote:

The new version (v0.0.5) of MO will be released when TheGeneral completes his work on the icebergs for the campaign :yep:

This version will not be a patch but a complete version

Hi TDW !

That sounds very good ! :yeah:

But two questions:

1.) I think in the forthcoming complete version of MO (0.0.5) is the version 6.3.7 (Patch) from your GUI MOD then included, right ? :hmmm:

2.) What for Files from actually MO must I save, that I have in MO 0.0.5. the same color of underwater Look (or have you please an Download Link from the Original-MOD) ? Or you offer the underwater color MOD to "Optional MOD Folder" which comes with 0.0.5 for those who want the underwater color MOD ?!

Thanks for answer,
Magic:salute:

stoianm 01-30-11 01:59 PM

Hi TDW,

I read somewhere on the forum that you made changes in TDW FIX to have the same results with ones from External Torp Reload Time - wamphyri mod. :hmmm:

I, and magic1111 also, want to enable this mod but i have conflicts with MO!:hmmm:

Is ok, or your MO reload the external torpedo in the same maner like External Torp Reload Time - wamphyri mod?:06:

Thanks!

Ruby2000 01-30-11 02:41 PM

Hi TDW,

which dds-file is the german-flag on the u-boat?

best regards and thanks

Ruby

TheDarkWraith 01-30-11 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoianm (Post 1586595)
Hi TDW,

I read somewhere on the forum that you made changes in TDW FIX to have the same results with ones from External Torp Reload Time - wamphyri mod. :hmmm:

I, and magic1111 also, want to enable this mod but i have conflicts with MO!:hmmm:

Is ok, or your MO reload the external torpedo in the same maner like External Torp Reload Time - wamphyri mod?:06:

Thanks!

MO and FX Update both have the external torp reload time set to the time recommended by wamphyri

TheDarkWraith 01-30-11 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruby2000 (Post 1586631)
Hi TDW,

which dds-file is the german-flag on the u-boat?

best regards and thanks

Ruby

from the included documentation file:

The .dds files used for the flags can be changed to whatever the user wants. See \SubFlags_0_0_6_byTheDarkWraith\data\Textures\TNor mal\tex' for the files used. As an example, the following .dds file is for VIIA flag 1: 7A_Flag_1.dds.
Breakdown of naming convention:
7A - type of sub
Flag - denotes for flag
_1 - denotes flag 1 (top flag)
_2 - denotes flag 2 (bottom flag)
Flag 1 is the top flag. Flag 2 is the bottom flag.
The flags have their alpha channels enabled so user can do some neat tricks with the flags (weathering, tearing, tattered look, etc.)

Ruby2000 01-30-11 03:30 PM

Hi TheDarkWraith,

many thanks.

best regards

Ruby

Grifty_mcgrift 01-30-11 07:32 PM

I hope I'm not derailing any topics, but I'm having some problems and I didn't know where to turn.

I recently install the Magnum Opus Mod with Patch 2 and I've been experiencing some annoying and strange problems. First, I had extreme frame rate drops, but I removed Steelvikings shadow mod and that seems to have fixed things up just fine.

But I'm still experiencing some odd graphic glitches. For example, the screen will go black. I can still move around and hear the sound of my footsteps, just the screen is black. If I alt-tab out of the game and go back, it will fix the problem, but then it happens again. I also experience glitches like things disappearing when I move the mouse pointer over them, then when I click, they reappear. I've also had the water completely disappear and I can see the ground and it looks like the boat is floating through the air. I tried updating the drivers for my graphics card and I thought that solved the problem, but the glitches reappeared when I started a new campaign and finished the tutorial. I also have a lot of random crashes to desktop. I've tried lowering my settings, but I still experience the same problem. I should also note that these issues only seem to occur in the campaign. I've tried playing some historical missions and everything runs just fine.

So has anyone else experienced these problems, and if so, please tell me how to fix them. They are very frustrating and annoying. I hope it's not a mod issue, because I really don't think I can play SH5 without MO mod. It would just suck too much.

Also, my system checks out for all system requirments. I am using an ATI card, 5700, 1gig of ram I believe. So again, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

THE_MASK 01-30-11 09:38 PM

Problem maybe . I installed magnum Opus V1 and patch 2 . I also installed sobers 100% underwater FX .
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...=2750&act=down

With the mega mod patch 2 the game isnt reading PFX files . My mod works vanilla but not with the mega mod patch 2 .

TheDarkWraith 01-30-11 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 1586847)
Problem maybe . I installed magnum Opus V1 and patch 2 . I also installed sobers 100% underwater FX .
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...=2750&act=down

With the mega mod patch 2 the game isnt reading PFX files . My mod works vanilla but not with the mega mod patch 2 .

no clue. Never seen those kind of files