SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Silent Hunter 4 patch v1.3: Where? When? What? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=114690)

Madcowz 05-19-07 10:36 AM

UBI,

stop selling unfinished games and please do the job properly.

You wouldn't like a decorator to come in and only undercoat your offices then charge you full whack for it?

Why then do you continue to release half finished games?

Won't be buying this game until it is:

A) finished
B) in the bargin bin and at a price that is relative to the quality

/Mad

TwistedAdonis 05-19-07 10:37 AM

What they all said.

sabre88 05-19-07 10:38 AM

2 months of patch support is not enough for any game, Ubisoft. Please, let the developers finish the game they started.

Radikal 05-19-07 10:38 AM

Product Responsibility

As a reputable gaming software developer as Ubisoft has established itself as; one would expect them to be responsible for their product and equally responsive to their customer base that drives the bottom line. Silent Hunter 4 is in definate need of a v1.3 patch for problem areas in the game that have been thoroughly noted and discussed in this and other threads. I shouldn't doubt that Ubisoft has recognized this and is in the process fo planning the development and roll out of the next v1.3 patch. One can certainly hope.

Munchausen 05-19-07 10:38 AM

I have every confidence the dev team will continue working on SH4 until they get it right ... and Ubi will support them as they do so.

Now, if you’ll excuse me. I’ve got to get back to teaching my pig how to fly.

rabu 05-19-07 10:39 AM

I read the forums now before buying an expensive game.. I've been waiting on SH4 to get patched correctly and looks like I will keep waiting before buying

.:|\\

milesjb 05-19-07 10:40 AM

I've been really looking forward to SH IV. Driving a U-Boat was fun but I really wanted to be in the Pacific in a Gato. SH III was a teriffic game and I expected it's successor to be equally well done. But I've learned with time to be cautious and so I hesitated purchasing it until I heard what the community had to say. Vey glad I've waited. And I'll continue to wait until Ubisoft finishes the job to this group' s satisfaction.:down:

Miles

Quillan 05-19-07 10:41 AM

I bought the game the day it came out, and I'm having quite a lot of fun playing it, but it does still have issues that need a further patch to resolve. The modders can't do everything, nor should they have to.

Gizzmoe 05-19-07 10:42 AM

A little bit late, but: /signed.

Shigawire 05-19-07 10:47 AM

Hear Hear! We want patch Nr. 3 :yep:

MobyGrape 05-19-07 10:52 AM

:|\\ Patch Please:ping:

abb 05-19-07 10:56 AM

I thought I was a sub nut

Haven't played any version in a few years. Whatever I was playing was really detailed and interesting and I learned how talented and devoted and knowledgeable a bunch of people out there were. Y'all put me to shame.

I may upgrade and play again someday, but one of the things that slowed me down before (eventually to a stop) was the bugs in the game. I'd patch it and then there would be other problems that were not there before. Here's to Ubisoft making their product everything it could and should be so as to attract an even larger customer base that has a fully functional simulation.

Hawkeye 05-19-07 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarleyRider
I agree!!! This game definitely needs another patch. Along with what Neal said, there are also alot of other bugs that need to be addressed.

C'mon Ubisoft. Put your grey matter to work and help make this the best sub sim ever!!!

Cheers!!!

I totally agree.I've not played SH4 for awhile now as the sim needs to be finished.We've all spent good money and we should not be penalized for having bought the game the day it was released!Pleae fix it Ubisoft even though your record in the past has not been great!

jorgedaniel 05-19-07 10:59 AM

Silent Hunter 4 still needs some work!

I keep getting sent on the same mission. I have been ordered 3 times to photograph Osaka harbor. I enjoyed the challenge but I don't want to keep going there. I have completed this mission with little or no damage to my ship and have received many medals for the same. Please put out another patch to fix this problem. I also keep getting booted out of the program when I attack a ship with my deck gun, so I have been saving the game a lot. In fact every time before I attack a ship and after I put it down. This is a pain in the butt! I have all 4 games, so I don't think I am asking for too much to create another patch.

Akula 05-19-07 11:01 AM

My sub is in desperate need of the v1.3 overhaul.

Ubi please service my sub so I can continue my war career.

Pretty please. With systems not working as it should, we could well loose this war....