SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   SH5 players, Introduce yourself: roll call II (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=219382)

qprfan99 06-26-20 09:28 PM

My name is Larry Halpin. A 74yo from the north coast of NSW, Australia. A military history lover from way back. Napoleonics mostly but WW2 Russian Front more recently. No interest in Naval until I came across, by accident, a solitaire board game called The Hunters. As I had downloaded a number of PC wargames (but played hardly any/none), I did a search & this game looked very attractive. A great price on Steam made it even more attractive.

So I watched a couple of videos & it looked really good but then noticed that the poster had added a multitude of mods (SH5). Then I started to look at the forums & it seems everybody has a multitude of mods included. Then I went to the latest forum pages & one mod, The Wolves of Steel, seems to be a one size fits all. But still other mods are also talked about plus a mod enhancer!

So what the hell do I do? How many mods do I need to get a fun game? Do I need any? Should I just scuttle my sub & invest in a Lancaster bomber?
HELP!

Aktungbby 06-26-20 10:55 PM

welcome aboard!

qprfan99!:Kaleun_Salute:

Jimbuna 06-27-20 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qprfan99 (Post 2680108)
My name is Larry Halpin. A 74yo from the north coast of NSW, Australia. A military history lover from way back. Napoleonics mostly but WW2 Russian Front more recently. No interest in Naval until I came across, by accident, a solitaire board game called The Hunters. As I had downloaded a number of PC wargames (but played hardly any/none), I did a search & this game looked very attractive. A great price on Steam made it even more attractive.

So I watched a couple of videos & it looked really good but then noticed that the poster had added a multitude of mods (SH5). Then I started to look at the forums & it seems everybody has a multitude of mods included. Then I went to the latest forum pages & one mod, The Wolves of Steel, seems to be a one size fits all. But still other mods are also talked about plus a mod enhancer!

So what the hell do I do? How many mods do I need to get a fun game? Do I need any? Should I just scuttle my sub & invest in a Lancaster bomber?
HELP!

Welcome aboard Larry :salute:

Call me biased but I'd be inclined to try a few, especially GWX

Fenix 06-28-20 01:19 PM

I'm Back!

Hey all, I'm back after about 5 years of being out of the game. I'm an upgrading NFO in the Navy and there hasn't been much time for gaming.

Used to have SH5 from Ubisoft modded with Wolves of Steel installed but that was 2 motherboards/harddrives ago. Just went ahead and grabbed it for a few bucks off Steam.

Trying to get back into the game. I must admit, it's a little overwhelming due to the length of time this game has been out and the work everyone's put into it. Is getting TWoS installed and running the fastest way to get me playing again? Anything I need to look out for or just start with the Megamod thread? Thanks, all! :Kaleun_Salute:

daveinfla65 07-05-20 02:03 AM

returning member

Thanks for welcoming me back. I play solo and the way I like. Thanks to all the modders and the people at Subsim Radio.

Aktungbby 07-05-20 02:58 AM

welcome aboard!

daveinfla65!:Kaleun_Salute:

Mizzou55 07-05-20 06:52 PM

New guy here.

Thanks for letting me join.

Aktungbby 07-05-20 07:38 PM

Welcome aboard!

Mizzou55!:Kaleun_Salute:

Jimbuna 07-06-20 12:07 PM

Welcome to SubSim Mizzou55 :salute:

Mizzou55 07-07-20 07:59 AM

Thanks.

Sonny Sanford 07-13-20 03:32 AM

Welcome aboard, Mizzou55! It's great to have you with us. :Kaleun_Salute:

Texas Red 07-13-20 09:55 AM

Welcome aboard, Sonny Sanford!

Aktungbby 07-13-20 10:19 AM

welcome aboard!

Sonny Sanford!:Kaleun_Salute:

Sonny Sanford 07-14-20 12:08 AM

Thanks fellas! Great to be part of this Subsim community as well.

Jimbuna 07-14-20 05:03 AM

Welcome to SubSim Sonny :salute: