SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] Environmental MOD for Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166178)

ACSoft 10-27-10 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 1522710)
Be kind and remember language barriers please .

Sober,

I have just realized some minutes ago, that W_clear had a language barriers problem. It is now 2 weeks I tried to communicate in private with him, to offer my collaboration, in order to more improve climate zones. But I was disapointed to receive very short negative answer or no answer at all.

As W_clear do not mention his country in his profile, I had no clues to guess this problem. This is why I asked to him yesterday, by private message, if he has this language problem, because I stated to suspect this.

I just received his answer a few minutes ago, that he confirm now in chinese here.

To W_clear:

W_clear, I am very sorry you have difficulties with English language. I would have loved to collaborate with you, in order to help you to improve your beautiful work.

W_clear,我很抱歉你有英语的难点。我也喜爱与你一起合作,以帮助你提高你的美丽的工作。 -

ACS

PL_Andrev 10-27-10 09:44 AM

To all: use only simple / easy english and short sentences.
:03:

Zedi 10-27-10 11:16 AM

Simple and easy english: Thank You for this mod !

Also, thank you ACSoft for your patience and for correcting/helping on bugs, very much appreciated!

Ragtag 10-27-10 04:10 PM

Thanks W Clear. Great work :yeah:

ustahl 10-27-10 04:18 PM

W clear, I also want to thank you. Your work is simply amazing!:yeah:

TheDarkWraith 10-27-10 04:20 PM

does v4.2 fix the wake problem? :06:

ustahl 10-27-10 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1523116)

No, but the culprit seems to have been located.
It's probably the content in data\Shaders\Wakes.
Waiting for fix in 4.3.

Zedi 10-27-10 04:31 PM

As the man said:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACSoft (Post 1522690)
I investigated this problem and it come from mod file:

"data\Shaders\Wakes\ShipWakePS_SH5.fx"

As far as I understand this mod, in version 4.0 and probably since many previous versions, maybe even since ever (date of the file is: july 9, 2010), this ship wake modification was simply NEVER ACTIVE, because the file had the following INCORRECT NAME:

"ShipWakePS_SH5.fx.txt"

In mod 4.1 and 4.2 you have two files:

Still our "ShipWakePS_SH5.fx.txt" (dated july 9, 2010)
and a new one: ShipWakePS_SH5.fx

Something I have already mentionned twice, but as usually, Mister W_clear do not reacted to my attempt to help. :hmmm:

ACS

Quote:

Originally Posted by W_clear (Post 1522707)
This is a mistake, it will adjust in 4.3, please delete this filethanks!

W_clear 10-27-10 10:13 PM

Quote:

Hi Mr TDW
This is a mistake.
I wanted to solve the problem of white foam. Wake and foam is to use the same parameters。But no solution, I really hope you can help me,Wake and environmental impact of the bubble are very strong, this has led to a bubble of infection when you set the other colors。:salute:

I do not know can you understand my Chinese English?:cry:

PL_Andrev 10-28-10 02:58 AM

This is a screen found on SUBSIM:
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/9413/shadowa.jpg

Is possible to decrease a shadow effect at bad weather?
Now the shadow looks like in a sunny day, but this is storm...
Storm -> no sun shafts / no sun light -> no shadow

quad5 10-28-10 04:28 AM

Mr. W_clear, please can you made realistic torpedo wakes? :D

ustahl 10-28-10 05:46 AM

lights.cfg conflict brings back ugly halo frames

The Environment mod as such looks brilliant:up:, thank you, but...
...when installed last, it disables the No Damn Bubbles, No Damn Halo Mod or the same No Halo function incorporated in SteelViking's Interior Mod. Those dead ugly halo frames are now back on interfunctioning persons/items, and that totally spoils immersion.:nope:

After some investigating I found that it is "lights.cfg" in the Environment mod that causes the ugly halo to return. If I put SteelViking's Interior Mod after the Environment mod, the ugly halo is gone, but I have a feeling that that might have some negative effect on the Environment mod, as SteelViking's lights.cfg overwrites lights.cfg of the Environment mod.

Comparing these two lights.cfg files, several differences can be seen, but I don't understand how they work.

I guess that for the Environment mod to work properly, no other mod should overwrite its lights.cfg.

Is there a way to use the Environment mod in its full glory without the ugly halo?:06:

W_clear 10-28-10 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ustahl (Post 1523495)
The Environment mod as such looks brilliant:up:, thank you, but...
...when installed last, it disables the No Damn Bubbles, No Damn Halo Mod or the same No Halo function incorporated in SteelViking's Interior Mod. Those dead ugly halo frames are now back on interfunctioning persons/items, and that totally spoils immersion.:nope:

After some investigating I found that it is "lights.cfg" in the Environment mod that causes the ugly halo to return. If I put SteelViking's Interior Mod after the Environment mod, the ugly halo is gone, but I have a feeling that that might have some negative effect on the Environment mod, as SteelViking's lights.cfg overwrites lights.cfg of the Environment mod.

Comparing these two lights.cfg files, several differences can be seen, but I don't understand how they work.

I guess that for the Environment mod to work properly, no other mod should overwrite its lights.cfg.

Is there a way to use the Environment mod in its full glory without the ugly halo?:06:

Sorry .what's the ugly halo? my english is poor.

W_clear 10-28-10 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quad5 (Post 1523472)
Mr. W_clear, please can you made realistic torpedo wakes? :D

Very difficult, we have tried in the SH4,But not very success,

Oby 10-28-10 06:08 AM

ustahl

In W_Clears enviroment file Lights.cfg find:

[InteractiveObjectsHighlight]
Spread=2
Blend=0.5
ColorR=0.58
ColorG=0.47
ColorB=0.23

...change parameter blend=0.5 to blend=0.That will eliminate halos on crew without any side effect on W_Clear enviroment mod.

Outstanding mod W_Clear and greetings to China.:salute:

ACSoft 10-28-10 06:15 AM

Quote:

Yes the wake problem is solved because version 4.3 does not include anymore the guilty modification:

"Data\Shaders\Wakes\ShipWakePS_SH5.fx"

Quote:

Originally Posted by W_clear (Post 1523380)
Hi Mr TDW
This is a mistake.
I wanted to solve the problem of white foam. Wake and foam is to use the same parameters。But no solution, I really hope you can help me,Wake and environmental impact of the bubble are very strong, this has led to a bubble of infection when you set the other colors。:salute:

I do not know can you understand my Chinese English?:cry:

TDW, as far as I understand, I think W_clear would be happy if you can help him to solve the bow foam color problem. In his last 4.3 version, W_clear removed his own modified version of "Conning_wave.dds" (?!?) and reworked again "water_splash.dds". Is this action, a further attempt to try solving the bow foam color problem, or does W_clear came back and renounced to tweak this, I don't know.

TDW, maybe you can check this ?

Shall we use again the set of files TDW made some time ago ?

TDW, maybe you can give to W_clear a new set of required files ?

ACS

ustahl 10-28-10 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oby (Post 1523502)
ustahl

In W_Clears enviroment file Lights.cfg find:

[InteractiveObjectsHighlight]
Spread=2
Blend=0.5
ColorR=0.58
ColorG=0.47
ColorB=0.23

...change parameter blend=0.5 to blend=0.That will eliminate halos on crew without any side effect on W_Clear enviroment mod.

Outstanding mod W_Clear and greetings to China.:salute:

Oby, thanks a bunch, problem solved! That made my day!:woot:

@W_Clear: Those ugly halos are the yellow or orange lines along the outside of crew members or devices (uzo, periscope etc.) when you point at them (select them) in stock (vanilla) game version, used to highlight those items.:nope:
However, Oby solved the problem for me.:up:

Echolot 10-28-10 03:05 PM

Nice work with the environment, w_clear.

You can look at the EnvColors_Temperate.cfg?

I miss the entrys "WaterLightColor" and "WaterDarkColor" in section [Weather=0.Angle=-15].

Same in EnvColors_Tropical.cfg at [Weather=1.Angle=-15].

Thank you.

Echol:sunny:t.

Stevepine 10-28-10 06:07 PM

HI there... does anyone know if ENV MOD 4 is compatable with sober's base wave mechanics.

I also used AC Soft's CTD fix downloadable file and I still am finding areas of ocean where I suddenly CTD.

W_clear 10-28-10 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echolot (Post 1523943)
Nice work with the environment, w_clear.

You can look at the EnvColors_Temperate.cfg?

I miss the entrys "WaterLightColor" and "WaterDarkColor" in section [Weather=0.Angle=-15].

Same in EnvColors_Tropical.cfg at [Weather=1.Angle=-15].

Thank you.

Echol:sunny:t.

Thanks 。I have adjusted well, please download the 4.301。