SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Silent Hunter 4 patch v1.3: Where? When? What? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=114690)

SmugFish 05-19-07 10:11 AM

Yup. It's not finished as is and they will certainly hurt their future sales if they leave it in this half-baked state...

ScottD 05-19-07 10:13 AM

Patch it please!

Ilpalazzo 05-19-07 10:14 AM

Yes Please! I am still waiting for the next patch. I haven't played in weeks. I am so sick of it. Almost everytime I find a convoy or task force they eventually all decide to sit there or slow to a crawl at 1knt. It makes the game too easy. Destroyers barely ever get to me. I take precautions and all but sometimes I try to get caught on purpose to see if they can kill me and they still fail most the time. There are still many bugs and all those problems put together have forced me to stop playing and wait for a next patch or super mod of somekind.

I really hope they've been secretly working on a super patch, otherwise just lame, JUST.......LAME. Come on!

ATF 8 Ace 05-19-07 10:14 AM

This trend of releasing unfinished or unworkable games is something that the gaming community is starting to speak out against. If people buy a game they should reasonably be able to expect it to work - not be unplayable without major patching.

So Ubisoft, could you please fix the game for us and don't just take our money and run.

ATF 8 Ace

Dixbee 05-19-07 10:19 AM

Agreed! Silent Hunter 4 has great potential but it just hasn't been quite realized yet. Modders can only do so much and they really shouldn't have to fix such fundamental issues anyway. As it stands the product is flawed and incomplete.

KG_Jag 05-19-07 10:22 AM

The customer deserves a complete and stable product. What is done or not done now will affect future sales. A new patch is needed.

HarleyRider 05-19-07 10:25 AM

I agree!!! This game definitely needs another patch. Along with what Neal said, there are also alot of other bugs that need to be addressed.

C'mon Ubisoft. Put your grey matter to work and help make this the best sub sim ever!!!

Cheers!!!

Edward 05-19-07 10:27 AM

UBISOFT PLEASE fix this game :cool: One more patch to fix the nagging issues like the convoys that stop in their tracks when attacked and the chronometer would make this game perfect :D

Edward

ThorGoLucky 05-19-07 10:28 AM

Here here, Neal.

Please finish the game, Ubisoft!

Chief Dean 05-19-07 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reallydedpoet
Finish what you started UBI, the Silent Hunter Series has had a great reputation. It should be completed properly.

RDP

Absolutely and right on! Have supported this game from day one and want to continue.... Must be fixed to be "all it can be"

mnordby 05-19-07 10:28 AM

Having not purchased SH4 yet, I can assure Ubisoft that I certainly WON'T buy it until these issues are resolved, and probably WILL after they are.

Why pay for something that's broken, and have to wait for it to get fixed?

genen 05-19-07 10:30 AM

Frustrating

I've put gameplay on hold since finding a bug where engine damage repair results in a dead engine. This is a major problem! If engines get damages they will continue to work while repairs are going on, but as soon as repairs are complete, the engines are dead. No way to return to base or do anything.

capnmike575 05-19-07 10:31 AM

I need to upgrade my computer ,but I bought the game anyway.

that was on faith the game would be in better shape then hunter III right out of the box , and would be great after the moders got to it.

from what I read ,the mod guys are trying to make it playable while ubi is off onto the next thing.

if this is true, I'm not not buying anything more from ubi.

patches are not free expansions, patches are covers for mistakes.

to need to issue one should be embarrassing.

to need to issue one and not is disgraceful.

if ubi hasn't the pride to finish the job, I have to much pride to buy the next game.

Tricky 05-19-07 10:32 AM

I have waited to buy this game, pending the approval of my fellow subsimmers, and I have to say, I won't be buying it until I hear that people here are satisfied with the quality of the game.

Please, develop a 3rd patch for the above stated issues!

Switch 05-19-07 10:33 AM

Please, patch the sim...