SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] Run Silent, Run Deep - The Campaign (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=123467)

lurker_hlb3 06-07-08 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rova
I'm new to playing Silent Hunter 4 v 1.5 and to this forum. I downloaded and installed the RSRDC mods per the insturctions in this thread (RSRDC_V355_for V15 and RSRDC_V355_Patch5). The Readme file indicates that there should be new missions and patrols available but when I'm in the game it appears that only the original "stock" game missions and patrols are listed. Is there a way to determine that the mods installed properly (I did use JSGME for installation and also ran the game files to snapshot task which listed the file changes from the original installation) and should the new missions and patrols show up as choices in the game? Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this. Thanks.

After you download RSRDC plus patches "how" did you do the install ? How did you decompress the "packages" and where did you put them?

lurker_hlb3 06-07-08 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nephandus
Did anybody notice that the Momi Class Destroyer is lacking the starboard bow wave?

Also.... Wasn't that thing officially designated as Matsu Class?

Was it the Momi "Patrol Craft" or DD. Also Matsu Class was a separate class of ship.

http://www.warshipsww2.eu/lode.php?l...=&idtrida=2044

http://www.warshipsww2.eu/lode.php?l...d=&idtrida=374

Rova 06-07-08 07:25 PM

I used 7-Zip and installed the files in subfolders that I created under the Mods folder. I thought that I would see new/different Single Missions and Single Patrols from the stock game but I have the exact same Missions/Patrols titles under the Mods directory as I do in the orginal game Missions/Patrols folders. Perhaps, this is the way it should be and I'm just making an incorrect assumption? The game is running fine. Thanks.

lurker_hlb3 06-07-08 07:39 PM

Quote:

I used 7-Zip and installed the files in subfolders that I created under the Mods folder. I thought that I would see new/different Single Missions and Single Patrols from the stock game but I have the exact same Missions/Patrols titles under the Mods directory as I do in the orginal game Missions/Patrols folders. Perhaps, this is the way it should be and I'm just making an incorrect assumption? The game is running fine. Thanks.

You have a “install problem” Please deinstall RSRDC with JSGME. The go to the MOD folder and look for RSRDC_V355_for V15 folder, go into that folder and do you see a second “RSRDC_V355_for V15” folder or do you see a “Data” & “Support” folder. If you see a second “RSRDC_V355_for V15” folder then you decompressed the mod incorrectly. The file structure for a valid JSME install is “mod name” then a data & support folder under it. If you have “two” RSRDC folder then “move” the second folder up one level

Rova 06-07-08 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Quote:

You have a “install problem” Please deinstall RSRDC with JSGME. The go to the MOD folder and look for RSRDC_V355_for V15 folder, go into that folder and do you see a second “RSRDC_V355_for V15” folder or do you see a “Data” & “Support” folder. If you see a second “RSRDC_V355_for V15” folder then you decompressed the mod incorrectly. The file structure for a valid JSME install is “mod name” then a data & support folder under it. If you have “two” RSRDC folder then “move” the second folder up one level

My folder structure is correct: Mod Name/Data/Support. Should I see different Single Missions/Patrols under the Mods folder than are listed in the games stock Single Missions/Patrols folders? Thanks again for your prompt help on this.

lurker_hlb3 06-07-08 08:17 PM

Quote:

My folder structure is correct: Mod Name/Data/Support. Should I see different Single Missions/Patrols under the Mods folder than are listed in the games stock Single Missions/Patrols folders? Thanks again for your prompt help on this.

You should see the following

New Single Missions

FBM 420604 USS Nautilus (SS-168) – Battle of Midway
FBM 441023 USS Darter (SS-227) – Battle of Leyte Gulf
FBM 420810 USS S-44 (SS-155) – Battle of Guadalcanal
FBM 440619 USS Albacore (SS-218) – Operation Forager
FBM 441219 USS Redfish (SS-395) – the Sinks of the IJN Unryu
FBM 441121 USS Sealion (SS-315) – Sinking of the IJN Kongo
FBM 441129 USS Archer-Fish (SS-311) – Sink of the IJN Shinano
FBM 420401 USS Seawolf (SS-197) – Engagement of the IJN Invasion Force of Christmas Island
FBM 420705 USS Growler (SS-215) - Engagement IJN Re-supply Mission to Kiska
FBM 421114 USS Flying Fish (SS-229-Engagement IJN Bombardment Group during the Battle of Guadalcanal
FBM 441117 USS Spadefish (SS-411) - Engagement of Convoy HI-81

Single Patrols:

All single patrols have been replace by the missions in RSRDC Patrols V100

FBM 420210 SS196: USS Sea raven 2nd war patrol
FBM 420824 SS217: USS Guardfish 1st war patrol
FBM 420827 SS229: USS Flying Fish 2nd war patrol
FBM 421027 SS239: USS Whale First 1st war patrol
FBM 430615 SS253: USS Gunnel 2nd war patrol
FBM 430928 SS266: USS Pogy 3rd war patrol
FBM 431228 SS280: USS Steelhead 3rd war patrol
FBM 440710 SS384: USS Parche 2nd war patrol
FBM 440808 SS306: USS Tang 4th war patrol
FBM 441007 SS366: USS Hawkbill 1st war patrol

Nephandus 06-08-08 03:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nephandus
Did anybody notice that the Momi Class Destroyer is lacking the starboard bow wave?

Also.... Wasn't that thing officially designated as Matsu Class?

Was it the Momi "Patrol Craft" or DD. Also Matsu Class was a separate class of ship.

http://www.warshipsww2.eu/lode.php?l...=&idtrida=2044

http://www.warshipsww2.eu/lode.php?l...d=&idtrida=374

I guess, I was thinking of this one:

http://www.warshipsww2.eu/lode.php?l...d=&idtrida=370

Henceforth it is still missing one part of the bow wave

Wilcke 06-09-08 09:30 AM

On a different note; for those evenings when there is not enough time to load up a "Patrol", try this;

FBM 441117 USS Spadefish (SS-411) - Engagement of Convoy HI-81

Get into position fire your fish and batten down the hatches!:o

Thats all I am saying, enjoy!

Oh, this is with RSRDC plus TMO 1.5.2, nothing else needed.

Mav87th 06-11-08 05:15 AM

Hey Lurker

First may I again congratulate you with your acomplishments with this mod. Awesome i one word that comes to mind.

To help you with the convoy zigzagging you might want to take a look at this forum, that in this thread has images containing original japanese navy zigzaggin patterns. It might come inhandy if you were running out of ideas.

http://www.j-aircraft.org/smf/index.php?topic=4572.0

Regards
Mav

ps. i have ofcourse saved the images on my local drive - should they dissapear

lurker_hlb3 06-11-08 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav87th
Hey Lurker

First may I again congratulate you with your acomplishments with this mod. Awesome i one word that comes to mind.

To help you with the convoy zigzagging you might want to take a look at this forum, that in this thread has images containing original japanese navy zigzaggin patterns. It might come inhandy if you were running out of ideas.

http://www.j-aircraft.org/smf/index.php?topic=4572.0

Regards
Mav

ps. i have ofcourse saved the images on my local drive - should they dissapear

Thanks for the info. I'm already a member of that forum. tater built some of those pattern a while ago and I did some test with them, however because of the large number of way points made the campaign layer so large that it had a serious impact on load times and playability

Mav87th 06-11-08 04:20 PM

Rgr. I did think about that possibility. The magnitude of your work bears the mark of a well studied subject. :rock:

lurker_hlb3 06-12-08 05:07 PM

RSRDC Eye candy fix

This corrects some of the “eye candy” issues some users have commented about. It has to do with “ship wakes”. This is a “non-critical” fix for RSRDC and will load on “any” version of the mod (v14 / v15).

Install instructions:

Use JSGME to install.
Install “fix” after loading RSRDC plus patches.
Can be install at “any time” ( don’t have to be inport” )

go to first post for link

cgjimeneza 06-12-08 08:18 PM

compatible with TMO 152?

lurker

tried rsrd with TMO 152... got some stuttering on the water... but dont know if it was caused by a "collision", heres my mod structure:

REL_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_152
RSRDC_TMOv15_V371
RSRDC_V371_Patch8

comments are welcome...

NOTE: this is the first time I have run 152.... so I have no comparison to standard 152 vs RSRD mod 152

thanks

lurker_hlb3 06-12-08 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgjimeneza
lurker

tried rsrd with TMO 152... got some stuttering on the water... but dont know if it was caused by a "collision", heres my mod structure:

RSRDC_TMOv15_V371
RSRDC_V371_Patch8

comments are welcome...

NOTE: this is the first time I have run 152.... so I have no comparison to standard 152 vs RSRD mod 152

thanks

There is no problems I know of with TMO 152

Zero Niner 06-13-08 12:45 AM

Patch 8 installation

I'm currently using the TM version of RSRDC + patch 7.
To update RSRDC, all I need to do is remove patch 7 & install patch 8?
Thanks for confirmation/clarification.

lurker_hlb3 06-13-08 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero Niner
I'm currently using the TM version of RSRDC + patch 7.
To update RSRDC, all I need to do is remove patch 7 & install patch 8?
Thanks for confirmation/clarification.

That is correct

Suicide Charlie 06-15-08 09:51 AM

I have TMO + RSRD installed. I have to say that I'm glad that I came back to the subsim community when I did. When I left SHIV was still floundering with all of the out-of-the-box bugs and there was much doom and gloom about patches. There were many debate threads about "They've abandoned us."

I have to say that RSRD makes SHIV a whole new game and really freshens it up. Great job Lurker.

BooBooLovesAll 06-15-08 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedhealy
You aren't looking in the right places, plenty of ships out there in RSRD in traffic lanes.

Anybody ever create a map of those traffic lanes?:up:

Quagmire 06-15-08 10:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgjimeneza
lurker

RSRDC_TMOv15_V371
RSRDC_V371_Patch8

comments are welcome...

thanks

There is no problems I know of with TMO 152

Hey Lurker, FYI. The aircraft cfg files in the latest version of RSRD overwrite all the work Ducimus did 'up-armoring' the aircraft in TMO 152. The file "ALBS_H8K.cfg" is a good example.

The RSRD version of the file does not contain this:

[Loadout 1]
Name=16x250Kg Bombs
Type=2

[Loadout 2]
Name=8xDepth Charge
Type=5

Just thought you should know. Or am I worried about nothing here? Anyway, are there any other areas that might be a problem?

Suicide Charlie 06-15-08 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BooBooLovesAll
Quote:

Originally Posted by tedhealy
You aren't looking in the right places, plenty of ships out there in RSRD in traffic lanes.

Anybody ever create a map of those traffic lanes?:up:

That's what I'm talking about. Whenever I get into a patrol I go to my Nav map and do the best I can to recreate whatever shipping lanes were present in the timeframe and area I'll be operating. I wonder if there's a map tool mod that adds a tool that will allow you to draw curved lines.