SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [WIP] Mega-Mod for SH5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=176123)

kraszus 01-26-11 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoianm (Post 1582994)
Any advice?

hi kraszus,

Maybe you must to start a new campaign. Enable the mod in the way that you did before (only patch 2) and after that start a new campaign.

Thanks Stoianm - I found out what the problem was. I had installed Visual Studio 2010 yesterday - the 2008 redistributable was causing SH5 to crash.

Have uninstalled the redistributable and all back to normal :)

stoianm 01-26-11 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kraszus (Post 1583036)
Thanks Stoianm - I found out what the problem was. I had installed Visual Studio 2010 yesterday - the 2008 redistributable was causing SH5 to crash.

Have uninstalled the redistributable and all back to normal :)

So, if i will install Visual Studio 2010 i do not need the 2008 redistributable? If yes witch one? I have:

1. Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Alt update
2. Microsoft Visual C++2005 Redistributable
3. Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Alt update
4. Microsoft Visual C++2008 Redistributable

I can remove all of them if i will install Visual Studio 2010?

Thanks

kraszus 01-26-11 10:34 AM

You need to uninstall 'Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable 9.0.30729.4974 runtime'.

From this thread:-

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...edistributable

stoianm 01-26-11 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kraszus (Post 1583049)
You need to uninstall 'Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable 9.0.30729.4974 runtime'.

From this thread:-

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...edistributable

Good informations.

Thanks!

StarTrekMike 01-26-11 06:40 PM

Been trying to work this out by reading through the whole of this thread.

I installed this mod and the patch (took me a bit but I figured out how easy it really is to install) and everything seems to work...kinda.

I know that this game is buggy but when I was just rolling with a different UI mod and some sounds mods I had no problem...this mod (the only thing enabled with mod enabler) seems to cause very random CTD's everytime I play the game. this is not at any particular time...it just seems to happen at random.

I don't want this to sound like I am angry, I know that so much hard work went into this mod and I want it to work the best that it can...I just can't even play the game when it CTD's at random after only a short time of play.

I meet all the requirements for the game but I think that having windows XP pro 32 bit might be causing issues.

I see only two options that I can take. I could download every mod included in this pack individually and see how that works for me (kind of a extreme sort of troubleshooting) or I could locate the problem within the mod and change it...I hear that the enviroment mod could be causes some folks issues.

again...not bashing the mod, I want to make this work for me because I love the mod choices.

any ideas on what could be causing my CTD's?

thank you all so much in advance.

Mike

THE_MASK 01-27-11 04:10 PM

Any thoughts on having 2 magnum opus mods . The one you already have and a magnum opus hardcore , with real navigation and manos scopes included . cheers .

stoianm 01-27-11 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 1584334)
Any thoughts on having 2 magnum opus mods . The one you already have and a magnum opus hardcore , with real navigation and manos scopes included . cheers .

The people that play the sh5 in the hardcore way usualy they are very good also in ,,handing mods''. It is easy to change for themselfs the MO in MO - hardcore!:salute: - i think:hmmm:

EgoApocalypse 01-27-11 06:18 PM

Quote:

Always Rock & Roll.:salute:

Magic1111 01-28-11 04:27 AM

Hi TDW (and the Others) !

Short question for clearify my own MOD List:D !

Are these MODs in MO included:

- 1000_Meter_Bearing_Plotter_byTheBeasts1.0

When I enable this MOD, JSGME says NO Conlicts (with MO or else), but I think itīs included, or ? But itīs not in the List on Page 1 !:hmmm:

- No Damn Bubbles, No Damn Halo Mod

JSGME say it is an conflict with MO, but I didnīt find the MOD in the MO-List on Page 1 of this Thread ! :hmmm:

-sobers base sky mechanics V1

same, JSGME tells me conflict, but MOD is not on the List on Page 1

- Capthelms Lighting Effects mod for sh5

- Capthelms Under water Night Filter Adjustment Mod

Many thanks for answers ! :D

Best regards,
Magic:salute:

stoianm 01-28-11 05:26 AM

Hi TDW,

The BARF mod it is not listed in the MO - mods list (but i saw that you have FX_Update_0_0_11_BARF_1_3_Full_Fix). If i want to have this mod i must to add or i do not need that (maybe it is not listed in MO but it is used:hmmm:)?

Thanks!:salute:

Silent Steel 01-28-11 06:19 AM

Quote:

Excellent! :yeah:

mobucks 01-28-11 07:51 AM

lets get this beta iron out first IMO, all that is quite configureable right now no?

[BUG?]
Anyone else have a bug on the engine room officer's abilities where it says FASTER REPAIR instead of faster max speed?

I put a point in it and i think i got a knot or at least a half of one, so maybe just a typo from crew ability mod?

stoianm 01-28-11 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobucks (Post 1584788)
lets get this beta iron out first IMO, all that is quite configureable right now no?

[BUG?]
Anyone else have a bug on the engine room officer's abilities where it says FASTER REPAIR instead of faster max speed?

I put a point in it and i think i got a knot or at least a half of one, so maybe just a typo from crew ability mod?

It is not a bug - MO mod use ,,no magic skill abilities fix,,

Read this thread here and you will be clearified: http://174.123.69.202/~subsimc/radio....php?p=1566364

THE_MASK 01-28-11 03:45 PM

I applied patch 6 from multiple ui mod to mega mod . Seems to be working ok .

TheDarkWraith 01-28-11 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 1585152)
I applied patch 6 from multiple ui mod to mega mod . Seems to be working ok .

unofficially it will work no problems :up: