SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] Open Horizons II (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=189818)

misha1967 04-07-12 05:39 AM

CTDs in Scapa

Confirmed, Swat

I just spent 4 hours infiltrating Scapa, got in a perfect firing position off the port of the Royal Sovereign, let loose with my eels and had a CTD at the exact point where they're about 1/3 to half to the target.

Tried four different times with various approaches, including dropping to the Nav Map after firing, and it crashed every single time at the exact same spot.

Then I uninstalled IRAI, reloaded, did the same thing and everything went swimmingly. No crash, no problems.

I know that it's IRAI causing it, but I don't know why. Putting on my speculator cap, I've tried to figure it out. Did you use steam torpedoes too? I'm wondering if it's because the numerous ships in Scapa "notice" the trail of your steam torpedoes and cause something horrible to happen as a result. I'd have to restart and try it with electrics to check, but who knows if the impact will cause the same thing, only later?

I don't know. I do know that SH5 is pointless without IRAI as the destroyers are dumber than rocks without it, so I suppose I'll just disable it when doing Scapa once I've made it in there, then enable it after I sink the battleship. But you're right. Something in IRAI is causing it, it's not OHII.

misha1967 04-07-12 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swat (Post 1865480)
No need to make a new thread because of this. But is there any way how to fix this? The sea is calm, boat is going straight with minimum movement and when I put the binoculars down I end up like this.
http://img-upload.ic.cz/images/5ndohlpdhxp23cql1dfq.jpg

I have the same problem. The only way I've found to get the horizon back to straight and level is to keep turning the binoculars on and off until I hit the sweet spot or, and this doesn't always work, using the UZO or teleporting back and forth.

SeaWolf U-57 04-07-12 06:15 AM

have you tried old SH3 trick of clicking the bridge officer then looking forward :hmmm:

THE_MASK 04-07-12 06:55 AM

The ship flags seem just as bright during the night as they are in the day . Is there anyway to have them darkened at night ? Is it the glossiness ? The emmisive setting is zero .

Trevally. 04-07-12 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misha1967 (Post 1866321)
Confirmed, Swat

I just spent 4 hours infiltrating Scapa, got in a perfect firing position off the port of the Royal Sovereign, let loose with my eels and had a CTD at the exact point where they're about 1/3 to half to the target.

Tried four different times with various approaches, including dropping to the Nav Map after firing, and it crashed every single time at the exact same spot.

Then I uninstalled IRAI, reloaded, did the same thing and everything went swimmingly. No crash, no problems.

I know that it's IRAI causing it, but I don't know why. Putting on my speculator cap, I've tried to figure it out. Did you use steam torpedoes too? I'm wondering if it's because the numerous ships in Scapa "notice" the trail of your steam torpedoes and cause something horrible to happen as a result. I'd have to restart and try it with electrics to check, but who knows if the impact will cause the same thing, only later?

I don't know. I do know that SH5 is pointless without IRAI as the destroyers are dumber than rocks without it, so I suppose I'll just disable it when doing Scapa once I've made it in there, then enable it after I sink the battleship. But you're right. Something in IRAI is causing it, it's not OHII.

:hmmm:
This sounds like it could be something to do with the alert status of the ships. Could it be that they are seeing the torp on route and wanting to go to high alert.
These BBs are set as "docked" - so here could be the problem.
I could change this to not docked, give them short waypoints and a speed setting of zero.

Could be worth a test:hmmm:

Rongel 04-07-12 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevally. (Post 1866349)
This sounds like it could be something to do with the alert status of the ships. Could it be that they are seeing the torp on route and wanting to go to high alert.
These BBs are set as "docked" - so here could be the problem.
I could change this to not docked, give them short waypoints and a speed setting of zero.

Could be worth a test:hmmm:

Hi! I have survived Scapa a couple of times without any problems (I think I never had a crash there, lucky me!). I recently installed the MMM 0.5 (which I like :DL) and the OH II 1.8 patch. So I approached Scapa, CTD. I loaded and got into a good firing distance. Fired four torpedoes, CTD. Loaded the game four-five times and always CTD, even in map mode. So I can't say if it's MMM or OH II 1.8 but before I really didn't have any troubles.

I remember reading in some thread that IRAI wouldn't actually cause the problems but it is the mod mix that does it. If you play the Scapa mission only with OH II and IRAI, no problems. Not sure about this though.

pedrobas 04-07-12 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rongel (Post 1866368)
Hi! I have survived Scapa a couple of times without any problems (I think I never had a crash there, lucky me!). I recently installed the MMM 0.5 (which I like :DL) and the OH II 1.8 patch. So I approached Scapa, CTD. I loaded and got into a good firing distance. Fired four torpedoes, CTD. Loaded the game four-five times and always CTD, even in map mode. So I can't say if it's MMM or OH II 1.8 but before I really didn't have any troubles.

It happened to me too. I PM Trevally telling that. The solution for me was completely deleted users\documents\SH5 folder. Started new campaign and now itīs ok.

Rongel 04-07-12 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedrobas (Post 1866373)
It happened to me too. I PM Trevally telling that. The solution for me was completely deleted users\documents\SH5 folder. Started new campaign and now itīs ok.

Ok, thanks for the tip! Will try it out when I come back home (and restart the campaign again!). If it doesn't help, then I'll probably just skip the mission.

Trevally. 04-07-12 10:37 AM

Scapa CTD recap

A CTD can happen with some players when they fire torps at target BB.
(Torps are steam targets are docked)
For some and not others, switching to map view until ship sinks can fix.
CTD is more common with v1.8 (v1.8 has more career effecting changes)
If user has IRAI and OHII and getting ctd - removing IRAI fixes the ctd.
If users are using Perdobas mega mod - deleting doc\sh5 folder before starting new career prevents ctd from occurring.

Is everyone using OHII full?
has anyone had ctd with base only (no mines)?
Does it ctd if electric torps are used?
What is different about scapa that ctds do not happen when attacking ships in open sea? (docked - land - port - mines - subnets). It cant be docked ships or land as I have made test missions in scapa to test aob (trevally tutorials is set here) and no ctds.

dpajic 04-07-12 06:21 PM

So far I play just the base of the Open Horizon II 1.8 ( NO Environment) and I dont have the issue with CTD occuring while under TIME COMPRESSION. I havent tested on Scapa Flow but passed it by playing the North western approaches Mission. The only CTD now I get sometimes is when I suddenly CLICK on the Officer or suddenly want to save the game ( pressing the SAVE button) :hmmm:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod (light) V2.1
Dynamic Environmental SH5 Realistic Colors V2.1
IRAI_0_0_30_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_upgrade_to_v_0_0_31
FX_Update_0_0_19_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1
DBSM_Music_1_0_4
DBSM_Speech_1_0_4
U-boat Historical Specifications 1.7 for TDW Mods
OPEN HORIZONS II_base v1.8
OHIIv1.8 Base only patch1
OHII Higher Tonnage Objectives for v1.8
OH II Campaign Radio Messages v4
AI_sub_crew_1_0_2_TheDarkWraith
AilBubbles 1.0 Micro
AirTorpedoes
Cerberus62 Corrected Depth Charge Projector 1.0
Change days in bunker
DBM_Alarm_BackGrnd_Video_Widescreen
dials_briklebritt
Enhanced FunelSmoke1.2_by HanSolo78
Old Style Explosions V1.1
R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2
Radio_Messages_1_2_0_German_Voices
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbances_v2_0_SH5

Rongel 04-08-12 02:41 AM

Thanks for the clarification Trevally!

Next week when I get back home I'll test this more. It would be great to find a easy way to fix this. I wan't to see if it's harder this time to escape after sinking the BB.

I guess that currently the brits in the Scapa Flow are just too devastated to see what is about to happen, so they pull the kill switch and end it all...

fuzzlmaster 04-08-12 04:53 AM

Hardcore

awesome mod!

mille 04-09-12 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevally. (Post 1866396)
Scapa CTD recap

A CTD can happen with some players when they fire torps at target BB.
(Torps are steam targets are docked)

Hi Trevally i found a bug in Scapa Flow mission.
Campaigns\CampaignProjects\Total_Germany\Campaign. cfg

[Campaign.CampObj.MacroObj 1.PersObj 1.TargetType 1]
Class=BBRoyalSovereign
Type=102
TargetType=0

[Campaign.CampObj.MacroObj 1.PersObj 1.TargetType 2]
Class=BCRenown
Type=102
TargetType=0

[Campaign.CampObj.MacroObj 1.PersObj 1.TargetType 3]
Class=BBQueenElizabeth
Type=11
TargetType=1

change this:

Class=BBRoyalSovereign
Type=102
TargetType=1

Class=BCRenown
Type=102
TargetType=1

Class=BBQueenElizabeth
Type=11
TargetType=1

Work fine no CTD sink BB mission complete.

misha1967 04-09-12 03:59 AM

Oh, and another thing, Trev: I completed the objective after disabling IRAI temporarily, the Royal Oak shows up as sunk in my campaign file and captain's log, I got the tonnage and renown, I just never got the "ship sunk" in the message log, nor did I get the little icon on the map. I went back to Wilhelmshaven (changed just as I was about to enter the Kiel canal but I remembered when it changes so I just stayed outside for my "transfer" because it's hell to do a 180 degree turn in the canal :O: ), saved and exited, fixed my mod soup with IRAI back in while in bunker, started up the game again and started my next patrol, but the message log and the sunk ship icon are still missing. It doesn't matter as I completed the objective, it was just strange.

Jadedragon 04-09-12 06:41 AM

I love this Mod

Trevally. 04-09-12 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mille (Post 1867159)
Hi Trevally i found a bug in Scapa Flow mission.
Campaigns\CampaignProjects\Total_Germany\Campaign. cfg

[Campaign.CampObj.MacroObj 1.PersObj 1.TargetType 1]
Class=BBRoyalSovereign
Type=102
TargetType=0

Class=BCRenown
Type=102
TargetType=0

Class=BBQueenElizabeth
Type=11
TargetType=1

change this:

Class=BBRoyalSovereign
Type=102
TargetType=1

Class=BCRenown
Type=102
TargetType=1

Class=BBQueenElizabeth
Type=11
TargetType=1

Work fine no CTD sink BB mission complete.

:o:o:o:o:o

:Kaleun_Party:

Fantastic Mille - you have found a bug with ME2:yeah:

Ok - here is what is happening.

The "TargetType=1" means that the target id should be based on unit type. If it was "TargetType=0" then target is based on class.
So this is not a problem.

But what is a problem is that every time a target id is set by class - they are assigned a type "102" - this is very wrong as this is for a cargo ship.
ME2 is not setting the correct unittype when forcing target id as a class.

I have checked through some other campaigns and every time target id is set by class - this wrong unittype is being set.

So - This could also be the reason for so many ctds with the stock campaign. In the mission "sink the carrier" - this target is set by class with the wrong type (102) and could be the reason for the stock campaign ctd when hitting this carrier.

I can fix this and post a hotfix tonight.

Many thanks Mille - this could be the issue we have all been looking for:up:

Trevally. 04-09-12 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misha1967 (Post 1867165)
Oh, and another thing, Trev: I completed the objective after disabling IRAI temporarily, the Royal Oak shows up as sunk in my campaign file and captain's log, I got the tonnage and renown, I just never got the "ship sunk" in the message log, nor did I get the little icon on the map. I went back to Wilhelmshaven (changed just as I was about to enter the Kiel canal but I remembered when it changes so I just stayed outside for my "transfer" because it's hell to do a 180 degree turn in the canal :O: ), saved and exited, fixed my mod soup with IRAI back in while in bunker, started up the game again and started my next patrol, but the message log and the sunk ship icon are still missing. It doesn't matter as I completed the objective, it was just strange.

Hi misha,
I think TDW is looking into this:up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jadedragon (Post 1867214)
I love this Mod

Thanks Jadedragon and welcome to subsim:salute:

coopmine 04-09-12 11:01 AM

Thanks for this wonderful mod

Trevally. 04-09-12 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coopmine (Post 1867310)
Thanks for this wonderful mod

Thanks coopmine and welcome to subsim:salute:

Trevally. 04-09-12 11:41 AM

OpenHorizons II v1.8 patch2

Download here

This fixes the issue with unitclass and I hope:D may fix the ctd in scapa.
If anyone who was having ctd with scapa couls test this - that would be great:up:

To install - remove patch1 and install patch2 using jsgme when in bunker.