SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   Elder Scrolls V in the works - direct sequel to Oblivion (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=177327)

Takeda Shingen 02-04-12 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skybird (Post 1833102)
I already had restarted a savegame from just short of Kyneshain three times, but it did not change anything. I also tried the console command "setstage MQ106 150/155/160 (/170/200)" to end that quest for sure, or in the tavern, "setstage 201 0/1/5 (/10/15/20)" to get the new quest started, but again: to no avail. It does not start that way.

Definitely a showstopper bug. Game is version 1.4.21.0.4 . No mods whatever.

:nope: :damn:

A pleasant surprise of a game - now ruined. But sometimes things are just too nice to be true. Where there is one bug, there lurk more in the shadows, evil dirty slimers - and knowing that one needs to expect more of that, dampens considerably any enthusiasm to continue the game. I already had several sidequest bugs, but so far could bypass them via Google and workarounds. Not this one. Just the wiki, when I discovered it - it is filled with bug descriptions from A to Z, almost every quest there is a chapter on seems to feature a longer list of issues some players are haunted by.

Will break off for some more months and meanwhile track the patchline they implement over the next month. At least once again I was lucky and have not payed money on the game.

Played through the quest multiple times. Never encountered the bug.

kiwi_2005 02-04-12 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skybird (Post 1833102)
I already had restarted a savegame from just short of Kyneshain three times, but it did not change anything. I also tried the console command "setstage MQ106 150/155/160 (/170/200)" to end that quest for sure, or in the tavern, "setstage 201 0/1/5 (/10/15/20)" to get the new quest started, but again: to no avail. It does not start that way.

Definitely a showstopper bug. Game is version 1.4.21.0.4 . No mods whatever.

Reinstall the game and don't patch the game leave it at stock. Start a new game go through the main quest line as it should work, I had no problem completing the main quest line with the stock game. Once completed that quest then patch the game to 1.4 if you want or keep playing with the stock and patch after the main quests are done. The main questline is quite short.

Drewcifer 02-04-12 09:46 PM

Well I solved the jittering screen, over on the Skyrim forum it was an issue too, with use of the MSI Afterburner program if you limit the fps of Skyrim to 59, poof magic. I'm running at Ultra settings again and everything is smooth.

Oh and also I started a new 1.4 character I've never encountered that bug either, but I shall let you know if I do this go around.

Krauter 02-06-12 11:37 PM

http://0.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/50/3...df2fa078bb.jpg

:rotfl2:

Drewcifer 02-07-12 01:42 PM

The Hi Res Texture pack and Creation Kit were just released on Steam, start downloading!!!

Dowly 02-07-12 02:03 PM

Aaaand Steam servers are busy. I am shocked. :O:

frau kaleun 02-07-12 02:27 PM

Okay I am a noob on this stuff, what exactly is the creation kit? Modders' tools? Is it free if you already bought the game? WAITAMINUTE I don't want modders' tools for Skyrim. That way madness lies. :O:

But seriously Hi Res textures would be fantastic but what I really need is more weapons plaques and racks (that actually work, like, not the kind where I put the weapon on it and then can never get it off again) because I have five houses with additional viewable storage modded in and I'm still running out of places to show off my swag. Just dropping it and then spending half an hour placing it properly on a shelf is dicey because half the time it stays there and half the time I leave and come back and it's on the floor again. :stare:

Dozens, nay, hundreds have died - and some for a second time - so that I could have a vast array of purloined weapons and armor with which to impress the approximately zero visitors who crowd into my properties each day, and their tragic albeit well-deserved deaths will have been in vain if I have to start stuffing it all into end tables and cupboards.

Please... will no one think of the Draugr?

Dowly 02-07-12 02:34 PM

The CK is the ultimate modding tool for Skyrim and yes, it is free. :up:

frau kaleun 02-07-12 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly (Post 1834870)
The CK is the ultimate modding tool for Skyrim and yes, it is free. :up:

Thanks... also, NOOOOOOO!!!!!!:wah:

It was bad enough when Skyrim took over my life. I don't have an extra life for modding the damn thing. :O:

mookiemookie 02-07-12 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krauter (Post 1834486)
[comic]

:rotfl2:

Bah. If players can't be bothered to follow the story of an Elder Scrolls game and enjoy the immersion into the lore and history of another world, then they're probably better off with something a bit more shallow like the latest Call of Duty thing. If all they're interested in is the next checkpoint and trying to reach the end and win, then it's probably not the game for them. They've already dumbed down TES games a lot. This kind of attitude only gives developers the idea to do it more.

Sorry for the rant. :)

Dowly 02-07-12 03:06 PM

Is it just me or does the High res pack act as an update in that it won't let you
play until it's downloaded? :hmmm:

Arclight 02-07-12 03:20 PM

Had to "activate" it as DLC. There's also a patch out though, maybe you haven't got that.

(didn't actually try starting it without HD textures though. Just a guess. :hmmm:)

Dowly 02-07-12 03:24 PM

Dunno, it's downloading 3gigs worth of something.

Also, SPAAAAAACEEEEEEE :DL

Drewcifer 02-07-12 04:38 PM

Ha I love it, No No No Dragons, Gotta goto space.

Takeda Shingen 02-07-12 05:07 PM

All I want is a decent vampire mod (it makes no sense to grow stronger by not feeding) and a wife companion mod. Muiri's alchemy skills will come in handy.

Drewcifer 02-07-12 05:29 PM

That depends on your vision of vampires... perhaps a Anne Rice vampire would indeed get weak with lack of blood.. However if you take a White Wolf vampire they enter a state of blood lust and do actually get stronger, although they lose what little humanity they have almost entering a sort of feral werewolf state turning on friend and foe, which is loosely seen in Elder Scrolls vampires as the stronger you get the more the people turn on you and dislike you even though you never really lose control of your character.

Takeda Shingen 02-07-12 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drewcifer (Post 1835007)
That depends on your vision of vampires... perhaps a Anne Rice vampire would indeed get weak with lack of blood.. However if you take a White Wolf vampire they enter a state of blood lust and do actually get stronger, although they lose what little humanity they have almost entering a sort of feral werewolf state turning on friend and foe, which is loosely seen in Elder Scrolls vampires as the stronger you get the more the people turn on you and dislike you even though you never really lose control of your character.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not big on vampire fiction. I like vampirism in TES because it adds a layer of complexity. My rationale is that I have to eat to maintan strength. Starving myself only makes me weaker. I would imagine the same for a vampire. Oh, and sunlight kills vampires; it does not make them sparkle.

Oberon 02-07-12 05:48 PM

There was a fantastic Vampire mod for Morrowind, wonder if the creators will think of bringing it to Skyrim...would be nice.

frau kaleun 02-07-12 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly (Post 1834915)
Dunno, it's downloading 3gigs worth of something.

Gaaah if I spend two hours downloading this and can't run it, I will be very unhappy. I hope it's easy to uninstall if that's the case. :stare:

Takeda Shingen 02-07-12 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oberon (Post 1835025)
There was a fantastic Vampire mod for Morrowind, wonder if the creators will think of bringing it to Skyrim...would be nice.

http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=2829

This is the one I used for Oblivion. Hoping for something similar in Skyrim.