SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Subsim Events & Activities (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   2011 SUBSIM Werewolf Game: Intro, Rules, FAQ, & Aftermath (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=184790)

Onkel Neal 06-24-11 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarrasque (Post 1689979)
Far from me to argue with an officer :O:, but do we Brits have free reign to explore or are we stuck within the camp?

Stuck in camp. For now.

Raptor1 06-24-11 10:20 AM

Ah, good to know. So, shall we retcon our nosing around to not having happened?

mookiemookie 06-24-11 10:21 AM

Yes, I think a bit of a rewind is in order here

Raptor1 06-24-11 10:22 AM

Can be easily solved by changing the second part of post #39 to "Looks like a locked gate..." and #41 to...err, something else...

EDIT: Done. Takeda might want to make some minor adjustments to the end of his post.

Tarrasque 06-24-11 10:24 AM

Or just #41 deleted.

EDIT: Done.

Onkel Neal 06-24-11 10:27 AM

No big deal, the gaurds can run you back inside.

You'll get more freedom as the game goes on.

Good RP so far, really interesting. :yep:

Takeda Shingen 06-24-11 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor1 (Post 1689997)
EDIT: Done. Takeda might want to make some minor adjustments to the end of his post.

Meh. I've established that the reporter is a wide-eyed dolt. It is conceivable that he thought that they could just walk out of the place and that the fact that the gate was locked would be astounding to him.

Ducimus 06-24-11 12:05 PM

I couldn't resist an easy movie reference. Id be surprised if nobody picked up on it. :har:

I haven't gotten it firmly in my head when day or night is. Im working remotely right now, and i kept track of two different time zones, so a third one is making my head numb. Also since ive started working remotely my company is acutally getting more work out of me then if i was in the office. Mainly because any diversions im running on my home PC, which is on a separate network from my issued lap top. So i don't check the forum as often as i used to since it involves me twirling around and scooting my desk over to another PC. Eventually i'll have to get a KVM switch. Kind of a pain.

Tinman764 06-24-11 03:23 PM

hehe I saw the Shawshank reference, it fit the moment very well i thought! :yeah:

Jimbuna 06-24-11 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1689465)
Just have :salute:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens (Post 1689455)
Not that I can see, send him an invite, he's always a good player.

Otherwise, I'll have to begin with a smaller number.

He's a bit tied up with work atm.

Onkel Neal 06-24-11 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducimus (Post 1690043)
I couldn't resist an easy movie reference. Id be surprised if nobody picked up on it. :har:

I haven't gotten it firmly in my head when day or night is. Im working remotely right now, and i kept track of two different time zones, so a third one is making my head numb. Also since ive started working remotely my company is acutally getting more work out of me then if i was in the office. Mainly because any diversions im running on my home PC, which is on a separate network from my issued lap top. So i don't check the forum as often as i used to since it involves me twirling around and scooting my desk over to another PC. Eventually i'll have to get a KVM switch. Kind of a pain.

Just be sure not to skip any posts in the game thread, the Narrator, that handsome and clever guy, will always post the day/night change like this;

Night begins

and you know when that night ends becuz it will follow later with

Day Begins

And the awesome easy part is, on this planet anyway, there is only day and night, so it's simple to keep up with.

In about 7 hours I will post the night begins, and send PMs to the Seers, Guardians, and Werewolves.

The first plot change will follow soon (meaning, the POWs find a way to escape the camp, provided they show they are looking. No, there's not a specific thing they have to find, they just have to show in the thread that their characters are looking.)

Lord Justice 06-24-11 04:50 PM

ref post 41 on game thread, is the bunk house door locked?? I assume it would be! we need the water and chief has just walked out into the compound, can someone clarify please? :hmmm:

Onkel Neal 06-24-11 05:55 PM

No, the bunkhouse is where you sleep, it's unlocked.

Note to all:

If your real life schedule means you cannot post when the vote deadlines approach, you can PM me early.

For example, let's say Jimbuna wants to go to bed at 11pm his time, he can PM me his lynch vote then.

For example, Jimmy in New York is a Guardian, and he gets up at 6am his time to go to work, he can PM me who he is going to protect then.

The Oberst will need to tell me who, if anyone, is in the dungeon getting the water treatment. And he does need to let me know daily who has leave (1 player). That player can then do as he wishes, go where he wishes.

Onkel Neal 06-24-11 08:08 PM

Did we cover this? It has not occurred yet, but as I build my scoring spreadsheet the thought came to me:

What if 2 WWs attack 1 guy? the guy is dead, really dead.
What if 3 or more WWs attack 1 guy? still dead, more dead than ever
What if 2 WWs attack 1 guy protected by 1 Guardian? Guy is safe, Guardian safe but no longer a Guardian
What if 3 or more WWs attack 1 guy protected by 1 guardian? Guy is dead, Guardian is no longer a Guardian
What if 2 WWs attack 1 guy protected by 2 Guardians? Oh fer gods sake Safe, Safe, both Guardians stay Guardians....

Ok, did I miss anything?:rotfl2:

AVGWarhawk 06-24-11 08:11 PM

How is the voting accomplished? Do I PM my vote to you for the lynching?

Onkel Neal 06-24-11 08:33 PM

No lynching on Day 1
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...23#post1689823

Quote:

DAY will last as described in the rules, but there will be NO LYNCH vote this day. Just discuss and get into character.

The Enigma 06-25-11 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens (Post 1690346)
Did we cover this? It has not occurred yet, but as I build my scoring spreadsheet the thought came to me:

What if 2 WWs attack 1 guy? the guy is dead, really dead.
What if 3 or more WWs attack 1 guy? still dead, more dead than ever
What if 2 WWs attack 1 guy protected by 1 Guardian? Guy is safe, Guardian safe but no longer a Guardian
What if 3 or more WWs attack 1 guy protected by 1 guardian? Guy is dead, Guardian is no longer a Guardian
What if 2 WWs attack 1 guy protected by 2 Guardians? Oh fer gods sake Safe, Safe, both Guardians stay Guardians....

Ok, did I miss anything?:rotfl2:

What about:
What if a ww attacks a werewolf?
What if a guardian votes to protect him or herself?
What if 2 ww attack nobody?

:rotfl2:

Nisgeis 06-25-11 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Enigma (Post 1690441)
What about:
What if a ww attacks a werewolf?

Werewolf attacker discovers target is a werewolf. Target remains unaware that the attacker is werewolf (I think - is that right Neal?).

Quote:

What if a guardian votes to protect him or herself?

They'll go blind.

Quote:

What if 2 ww attack nobody?

Everybody thought somebody was attacked, anybody could have been, but nodoby was. Nobody died.

Tinman764 06-25-11 02:57 AM

Poor Nobody :nope:

Jimbuna 06-25-11 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinman764 (Post 1690481)
Poor Nobody :nope:

LOL :DL