SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] RCB's SH4 effects GWX 3.0(and 2.1) V7.1 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=136018)

linerkiller 05-07-08 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asanovic7[COLOR=yellow
EDIT:[/COLOR]
"or if you like sboat mod(the one when you hide in little gulfs and strike from darkness and when you hit your own torpedo with a boat)."
Sorry, just realized there are new sounds, ofcourse, dumb me, and effects for the sboat mod. The one from mikhail. So, no, I think this is not compatible to Mikhails Sboat mod.. Sorry again.. Maybe I'll ask Mikhail to make it compatible with this mod.. Or if someone knows him, maybe suggest it to him. Thanks in advance..

If the problem is just related to one or two missing sounds...it's not that disaster:shifty: ....:up:

asanovic7 05-08-08 05:44 AM

look out

Quote:

Originally Posted by kutterreddogg
this looks like a great mod, but filefront just does not work for me. Are these files available on another download link? :damn:

Hmm..
I don't know what seems to be the problem.. I just tried to download and it started, normally.. Don't know. Sorry.
I will send you my email in private message. If you still fail, send me your email, I will try to send it to you via e-mail.

- everybody:

The version of OLC'S mod, OLCE2 2.1 is still compatible with this mod, as it is stated by him on his thread, no ctd's you will encounter, maybe some strange colours..
I got confused by his numerous versions and his screenies..
And I must say, I didn't encounter strange color effect so far.. so everything stays the same..
I read the new lifeboats version is not comming out yet.. :cry: nor so soon..
I'm keeping fingers crossed for it to be perfect..

onelifecrisis 05-08-08 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asanovic7
It seems OLC made a new version of his mod, and if I understood him correctly, it seems this two mods are not compatible anymore, meaning his new 2.1 version and this mod.

Eh? :confused:
Your mod has had a minor incompatibility with OLCE2 all along... as I described both here and in the OLCU thread. Nothing in 2.1 has changed that.

asanovic7 05-08-08 06:24 AM

blah

Mah, OLC, :D , I lost myself in your versions and screenies and I missread your instructions..
Sooorry to all and sorry to my mom.. :doh:
As for the lifeboats, that news is also incorrect, today I'm really stupid.. :damn:
The new lifeboats mod is due to come out today!!!
I'm sorry to if I shouldn't announce, but that mod is something I dreamt of, even when I sink first japanese boat with this franchise.. As I didn't play sh4 yet, you figure it out!!
:arrgh!: :arrgh!: :arrgh!: :arrgh!: :arrgh!:
Cheers to everyone!!!

999-Jay-999 05-08-08 06:28 AM

I am with you there asanovic7.

Can not wait for the Life Boat Mod update too !..... this mod and that combined is going to be sub brill !

asanovic7 05-09-08 08:42 AM

Update on my findings..

This is an update about compability issues, update plans and some minor things..

Compability and answers to some requests and questions:
GWX 2.1 - So far, no reports of ctd's, bugs, so I feel it's 100% compatible. :roll:
waterstream mod - when it comes out for GWX 2.1, this mod is 100% compatible
OLCE2(together with complete OLC's ubermod) x.x(last 2.1)- fully compatible, but some minor effects may look strange when you(and you must do it this way) enable this mod after Olc's, although, honestly, I didn't see anything so far and I must tell you(knock knock knock) I'm not blind or 4eyes :D
Torpedo trail - it is connected to some other files, I think torpedo.dat, that file is not in this mod, so you can choose whatever mod corrects those trails
Wind affection - it seems to me that wind is a cosmetic feature in sh3 more and more, but because I also, as dear a6intruder, feel that some "wind" effect must be, I plan an update with less thick smokes, maybe more "wind" affected.. like I explained.. Those xyz I mentioned, z is in the direction of the ship, y up, x to the left.. And it's a wind speed.. :cry:
S-BOOT mod - compatible, please check pics and sights for version v204D update
ALL MODS WITH TEX FOLDERS - when you enable the main folder of this mod like I explained in the readme that comes with the mod, you might get warning because of this tex folder are enabled by some other mod. Don't worry, enable this with JSGME. It won't erase anything.
Lifeboats mod - I'm impatient for the new version that mod, but I got word that this mod will still be compatible to life boats mod when it gets out. If not, you can be shure I will release an update pronto.
Little superman running overboard before ship sinks - Just got that idea the other day, I will try it. Do you think it's ok?
Funnel smokes for ships regarding to their class- maybe
Compared this smokes and effects with original - I know it drags.. But, this one are better? :rotfl:
Ship wake - I think it is connected to some other files, but if I'm wrong, this ship wakes are pretty much the same in every mod I encountered..
Too loud ship whistles - I agree with catfight on this one and I will try to adjust the sounds accordingly.
Starshell guns - I don't think you know how good those guns are.. please try it. Do you remmeber a scene from das boot in Gibraltar? No, no "not yet". Before that.
All mods not using the files in this mod - I'm using shleuse aa ships with bugfix, carrotio undersea, uniforms, GWX 2.1 mission orders(I must say when I read gwx manual I was scared I would miss some of the action, nto anymore, great mod!).. So you get a picture, every one not touching this files.
ENHANCED DAMAGE EFFECTS - NO NO NO NOT COMPATIBLE. The "same" thing, different, very different.

Flags and pennants - Does anyone know something about this mod?

I hope I didn't forgot anything..
Cheers to everyone!

p.s. 61 of you downloaded that "addon upgrade the old version no need for downloading the whole thing(read page 1!)". :rotfl: I thought there were only 53..

999-Jay-999 05-09-08 09:07 AM

Sboat mod.. whats that ?

Little superman running overboard before ship sinks ?... BRILL IDEA.

Graf Paper 05-10-08 06:25 AM

He's referring to Mikhayl's S-Boot mod, 999-Jay-999. If you haven't tried it yet, you're missing an incredibly fun and fast-paced experience. It's in a sticky posted near the top of the SH3 Mods Workshop here.

asanovic7, the longer ship wakes were released as a mod some time ago but it was made for GWX 1.03. The longer wakes are done by editing the 'Ship Wake' sections in the .val files of the vessels.

Unfortunately, it would require editing the appropriate file of each and every ship type to have longer wakes and making sure each ship's wake looked correct in the game. Noone has had the will to take up the challenge of such a task.

Since it seems every other mod alters these files, it would require constant updating as well as several differing versions to ensure compatibility with the various popular add-on mods for GWX.

Quite a lot of work when you consider that GWX has hundreds of ships, boats, and submarines. :-?

It would be great if someone could create a patcher that would only write the proper Ship Wake values to the .val files, regardless of what mods are installed. That's what was originally done with the "Real Weather Fix 2" so it was compatible with any mod. Perhaps Stiebler could provide a way to create a similar patcher for you to add the longer wake values into GWX 2.1.

linerkiller 05-10-08 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikhayl
Hi Asanovic, regarding compatibility with the s-boot mod, I think the only problem is with the zones.cfg file. For the mod I used a "flavored to taste" version of longer repair times, so the "flooding times" for the uboot compartments are increased a lot. If you use the RB's effects and that you take damage, the flooding will be too fast compared to the repair times. The quick solution would be to copy the "uboat parts" section of zones.cfg from the s-boot mod to replace the one in your RB's effects (that's the same as what I did for the GWX effects compatibility option).

I have experienced that when I tried to install RB/Asanovic7 mod over the Sboot1.0 without changing anything...I tried to fix that by using the Sboot zones.cfg after the installation of the SH4-sh3 mod...it worked for me:hmm:

A6Intruder 05-10-08 01:53 PM

Ship without smoke

I found a "Artilleriefährpram" without any smoke:
http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/8...0441928wf3.jpg
Kind regards:up:

asanovic7 05-12-08 06:12 AM

Hey

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graf Paper
He's referring to Mikhayl's S-Boot mod, 999-Jay-999. If you haven't tried it yet, you're missing an incredibly fun and fast-paced experience. It's in a sticky posted near the top of the SH3 Mods Workshop here.

asanovic7, the longer ship wakes were released as a mod some time ago but it was made for GWX 1.03. The longer wakes are done by editing the 'Ship Wake' sections in the .val files of the vessels.

Unfortunately, it would require editing the appropriate file of each and every ship type to have longer wakes and making sure each ship's wake looked correct in the game. Noone has had the will to take up the challenge of such a task.

Since it seems every other mod alters these files, it would require constant updating as well as several differing versions to ensure compatibility with the various popular add-on mods for GWX.

Quite a lot of work when you consider that GWX has hundreds of ships, boats, and submarines.

It would be great if someone could create a patcher that would only write the proper Ship Wake values to the .val files, regardless of what mods are installed. That's what was originally done with the "Real Weather Fix 2" so it was compatible with any mod. Perhaps Stiebler could provide a way to create a similar patcher for you to add the longer wake values into GWX 2.1.

Thanks for the valuable information. I didn't think of fixing the wakes myself, better said, don't know how to do it :rotfl: , since I'm still a newbie at this, :oops: I was just answering to one guy who asked about it. That would be great if stiebler would do it, since he has a valuable start with his rwf2. Although, just meddling with some things require alot of time, so for the rest of us, vultures, it requires patience. :roll:
Thanks again, graf paper.
"similar patcher for you to add" - I didn't understand you well :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikhayl
Yep it works but RB's/Asanovic zones.cfg file is included for a purpose, if you don't use it you lose a lot of features depending on it.

Hey, thanks for dropping in and explaining some stuff. And, I must say I finally downloaded your s-boot after a fight "over 5 days" with filefront. :rotfl: I can't wait to play it.

Actually, I must say no, you will not loose many of the features, since I made only one difference to zones.cfg, so everybody can easily do what linerkiller did.
I must say since alot of files functioning in sh3 is still a mistery to me(learning by tries and reading), other than particles.dat and materials.dat(hopefully), the zones.cfg I didn't yet quite grasped.
For instance, I meddled with zones.cfg, to add some effects and chop up the flare. Result was, and I don't know how and when :rotfl: planes fired flares. Yep, you will not see anymore planes firing flares. Because I now know what "activates" it. Anyways, I have to know more before I grasp the right appliance of the zones.cfg.

Anyways, with s-boot mod, make a mission with an oil tanker full of oil, fire all weapons at it. If it explodes like in the picture on page 1 of this mod, then you have all. If not, in the end of the file of zones.cfg, there is this:

[Global Params]
CargoExplosionRange=15.0
;FuelExplosionRange=3.0
AmmoExplosion=#Splinter_explosion
AmmoForceMultiplyer=1.5
;FuelExplosion=#oil_explosion
FuelForceMultiplyer=0.5
Penetration Threshold=0.2
Armor Level Factor=4

Make it appears like this:

[Global Params]
CargoExplosionRange=15.0
;FuelExplosionRange=3.0
AmmoExplosion=#Splinter_explosion
AmmoForceMultiplyer=1.5
FuelExplosion=#oil_explosion
FuelForceMultiplyer=0.5
Penetration Threshold=0.2
Armor Level Factor=4

That means erase that ; before fuel explosion, without meddling much.
That is the only thing I changed in my zones.cfg, although I have one new, but not yet for show. Now, I didn't test before without that ; erased, so if this i swrong and it doesn't or didn't change anything, don't judge me hard. I'm a guy just like you who can't read everything. Like I said in the readme
"too many files I can handle.."
I'm learning, but sometimes it's hard, Ringo, really hard.. :know: So far, I'm really happy this effects mod by racerboy(that explosions are so fine and the sound of all those little pieces falling into water) are available to everyone and to me(who are playing on GWX 2.1), because the first time I saw little supermans flying or swimming in the water, I just fell in love. That is what's missing to sh3, a feeling you don't shoot metal cans..

Quote:

Originally Posted by linerkiller
I have experienced that when I tried to install RB/Asanovic7 mod over the Sboot1.0 without changing anything...I tried to fix that by using the Sboot zones.cfg after the installation of the SH4-sh3 mod...it worked for me

Jolly good show, Mate, keep it on! :arrgh!:

And as for the little guy flying overboard, I tried meddling with 3d models last nights, it was a bit fun, hard though to move a muscle, but the tricky part is how to import it into dat files. Now, I have skwas's explanation for importing models, but I feel I will have to bother some men to have more info. Anyways, that is something I think will not be so crucial, like a funzone for me, sorry, if I do it you will see it, regarding lifeboats mod will eventually come out. I'm really hurt and impatient with that mod, although guys are working hard, we can only hope the best for them. :rock:

As for a6intruder, now, I really don't know what to say to your picture. In particle.dat file you have effect called funnel_smoke. It has its id card, in it's particle generators it calls for 3d models and bitmaps from materials.dat, and every boat in the game uses that id, meaning that effect to make a funnel smoke on the funnel. Now, how would you explain to me that ship doesn't have funnel smokes? :rotfl: Because, to tell you the truth I don't know how to explain that, other by saying that ship is actually a submarine on periscope depth.

- everybody -
I'm shure you will say boohoo, that guy is thick and doesn't know anything. Well..
Cheers!
:arrgh!:
p.s. manic depression is rocking my boat.. :doh:
p.s.s. I will upload sort of a preview for a6intruder on filefront, regarding the loss of wind, if you like the last release and don't want to bother with testing or reporting, Please DON'T DOWNLOAD IT!!!

A6Intruder 05-12-08 08:38 AM

As for a6intruder, now, I really don't know what to say to your picture. In particle.dat file you have effect called funnel_smoke. It has its id card, in it's particle generators it calls for 3d models and bitmaps from materials.dat, and every boat in the game uses that id, meaning that effect to make a funnel smoke on the funnel. Now, how would you explain to me that ship doesn't have funnel smokes? :rotfl: Because, to tell you the truth I don't know how to explain that, other by saying that ship is actually a submarine on periscope depth.

I found this issue on an other supermod (LSH3) too. There are several ships ,unsing the Dkrueger-Version of RB`s-Mod, wirthout funnel-smoke. So you could not be right when you say that EVERY ship (no subs of course) uses that id. I will post some screens about that soon.
Btw The ship above has funnel-smoke with the effect-mod of DKrueger.Edit: The picture above is from GWX2.1 with your Effektmod!!
Kind regards.:up:

asanovic7 05-12-08 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A6Intruder

I found this issue on an other supermod (LSH3) too. There are several ships ,unsing the Dkrueger-Version of RB`s-Mod, wirthout funnel-smoke. So you could not be right when you say that EVERY ship (no subs of course) uses that id. I will post some screens about that soon.
Btw The ship above has funnel-smoke with the effect-mod of DKrueger.

oK, I will look into it. Thanks. Check the new upload just for you.
Cheers!

A6Intruder 05-12-08 09:29 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by A6Intruder

Btw The ship above has funnel-smoke with the effect-mod of DKrueger.

oK, I will look into it. Thanks. Check the new upload just for you.
Cheers!

I did but i am not happy with. The smoke is only a little bit effected by the speed of the ship. Take a look on what i am found and what i am looking for:
Found:
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/2074/21uu9.jpg
I could not see a great diffrence with the new files.
Looking for:
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/1568/c2au5.jpg
http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/3975/tankervp8.jpg
I hope you see the diffrence. The smoke on the C2 goes in 90° to the left side
Last not least a other ship without smoke from LSH3:
http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/3...nesmokeff4.jpg

asanovic7 05-12-08 11:49 AM

hihihihi

Hey, a6intruder!
I can see now what are you talking about. About the funnel smokes. Ok, I agree, I will make them be more like 90 degrees to the bow. Well not quite 90 degrees. :rotfl:It would look silly. And for that artilleriesomethingsprache I will check for. RIGHT NOW!
I uploaded new file for you to check the smokes from fires, are you satisfied with the "leaning of smokes caused by the "wind"" and stuff like that. Not for the funnel smokes, since I've seen your funnel request just today. And this last pictures really showed me what to do AND YOUR OPINION. Thanks.
Regarding smokes affected by the wind, I must tell you, that those smokes "lean" always no matter what situation of the weather is, so I just leaned them a bit(it looks rather silly when there is no wind with more leaning) to show you and to ask you your opinion. You see, your intruding is really pleasant to me.
Kindest regards, meine fuhrer! :rotfl:
Cheers!
P.S. can you send me that version of dkrueger or just path to his download section? You always mention it, but I never saw it.
edittedttddt Are you shure that ship didn't make a turn?? In that way causing 90 degrees to the left side?

asanovic7 05-12-08 12:38 PM

a6intruder

Are you pulling my leg? :rotfl:
This is the only artillerie I found in GWX 2.1 in deutchnamen.cfg..
And this scshot was taken 5 minnutes ago..
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m...rtilleries.jpg

A6Intruder 05-12-08 01:14 PM

Quote:

Hey, a6intruder!
I can see now what are you talking about. About the funnel smokes. Ok, I agree, I will make them be more like 90 degrees to the bow. Well not quite 90 degrees. :rotfl:It would look silly. And for that artilleriesomethingsprache I will check for. RIGHT NOW!
I uploaded new file for you to check the smokes from fires, are you satisfied with the "leaning of smokes caused by the "wind"" and stuff like that. Not for the funnel smokes, since I've seen your funnel request just today. And this last pictures really showed me what to do AND YOUR OPINION. Thanks.
Regarding smokes affected by the wind, I must tell you, that those smokes "lean" always no matter what situation of the weather is, so I just leaned them a bit(it looks rather silly when there is no wind with more leaning) to show you and to ask you your opinion. You see, your intruding is really pleasant to me.
Kindest regards, meine fuhrer! :rotfl:
Cheers!
P.S. can you send me that version of dkrueger or just path to his download section? You always mention it, but I never saw it.
edittedttddt Are you shure that ship didn't make a turn?? In that way causing 90 degrees to the left side?

Of course find it here first file::
http://hosted.filefront.com/DKruger

Yes i am sure that this ship did not turn. This picture was taken out of "Guntraining"-Mission and it is the C2 right in front of you.
That your "Artilleriefährpram" (yes a heavy word in German) has smoke, even ugly one, and my does not is mysterius. I have not an reply on that. The same ship in LSH3 has smoke as you see below:
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/9...0612162lq6.jpg

Thats smoke as i understand ship funnel smoke.

asanovic7 05-13-08 10:15 AM

another good day

Hello, a6intruder!
Thanks for the "ugly" :D In my opinion funnel smokes are better than in other mods, they should be darker. Not so to the bow, maybe alittle, but if I put it more to the bow, it would IMO look silly fire smokes lean less than funnel smokes, but I said I will check it out and I will. Maybe I will check the funnels for warships and merchants separate. And now about other things..
Ok, after some contemplation with angels and devils, I came to a conclusion that is actually another question..
Why are you showing me pics from lsh3?
This is racerboys mod for GWX 2.1 only. In GWX 2.1 I think all ships got smokes, BUT I will check the bloody(I'm not mad I just wanted to use it as an ozzie..:doh: ) C2 but if I find it has smokes, I will be very dissapointed, Dewey like dissapointed..
Let me share my thoughts. I had a clean install of GWX on Sh3 and after I installed with jsgme and deinstalled about a million times one mod or the other, including for my testing, I think I will have to do a reinstall of sh3, GWX and everything else in certain point of time in the future. Maybe very soon. Now, those issues you are having may be happening because you are doing the same thing I mentioned above. In other words, planes shooting flares happened to me and you because of zones.cfg, but ship without smokes ain't, couldn't, shouldn't, wouldn't, won't and can't be happening to me and you on the same install.
Thanks for the dl path of dkrueger's mod. I will dl it when I will have the means and check it out, also.
Now I go to rest and to check the funnels.. :rotfl:

A6Intruder 05-13-08 11:29 AM

Quote:

Hello, a6intruder!
Thanks for the "ugly" :D In my opinion funnel smokes are better than in other mods, they should be darker. Not so to the bow, maybe alittle, but if I put it more to the bow, it would IMO look silly fire smokes lean less than funnel smokes, but I said I will check it out and I will. Maybe I will check the funnels for warships and merchants separate. And now about other things..
Ok, after some contemplation with angels and devils, I came to a conclusion that is actually another question..
Why are you showing me pics from lsh3?
This is racerboys mod for GWX 2.1 only. In GWX 2.1 I think all ships got smokes, BUT I will check the bloody(I'm not mad I just wanted to use it as an ozzie..:doh: ) C2 but if I find it has smokes, I will be very dissapointed, Dewey like dissapointed..
Let me share my thoughts. I had a clean install of GWX on Sh3 and after I installed with jsgme and deinstalled about a million times one mod or the other, including for my testing, I think I will have to do a reinstall of sh3, GWX and everything else in certain point of time in the future. Maybe very soon. Now, those issues you are having may be happening because you are doing the same thing I mentioned above. In other words, planes shooting flares happened to me and you because of zones.cfg, but ship without smokes ain't, couldn't, shouldn't, wouldn't, won't and can't be happening to me and you on the same install.
Thanks for the dl path of dkrueger's mod. I will dl it when I will have the means and check it out, also.
Now I go to rest and to check the funnels.. :rotfl:

The reason why showing pics from LSH3 is quite easy: On LSH3 i have installed the DKrueger-Version and on GWX 2.1 yours. And to show you what i am talking about, i have to take some pics from LSH3.
I could not really follow you in fact of the C2. This ship has smoke as shown on pictures above but the matter was the direction of smoke. Try the Dkrueger-Version and you will get the same result like me.
Btw. the "ugly" ment the colour of smoke not the smoke itself.:oops:
You are right with the missing smoke. I will have an eye on it and report wenn i see it again. Up to now it happends only on the Artilleriefährpram. The other pictures, showing ships without smoke are from LSH3!! If i use the particles.dat, delivered with LSH3 everything is ok! But ugly and without the effects i love.

mengle 05-13-08 01:42 PM

another question, i manually ad the mod in my GWX 2.1 and i didnt ad the sea folder with the EQP and Cam files , what do those files? becouse everything is working good.