SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter III (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   SH3 Hints and Keyboard Tricks (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=101924)

lesrae 11-12-07 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brag
In binoc, UZO or periscope view press = to turn sub on the course indicated on whatever instrumrnt you're using.:smug:

That works in just about any view, including the deck gun, pressing the minus sign will reset your view to 000 relative.

melendir 11-13-07 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoLine
press the shipname in persicope view and it will bring up the correct recognition manual page

cheers
NoLine

Didn't know that. Thanks :up:

Oberon 11-13-07 08:03 AM

It's probably a well known thing but I stumbled across it the other day whilst cruising off Ireland. If you right click on an officers icon in the bottom left hand corner, it will take you to their station.

joho 11-15-07 01:42 AM

F1 brings up a list of usefull key shortcuts.

Sorted by fuction.

Jimbuna 11-15-07 11:27 AM

If you dive beyond your crush depth you die ;)
:lol:

Borgneface 11-17-07 08:00 AM

S! Really great thread! When I think that I visit SHIII forums everyday since the beginning of the year...I only discoverd this thread today :damn:
Thanks to all for the real goodd information......Just learned 7 new tips just now

:up: :up: :up:

5string74 11-17-07 11:23 AM

Hello mates.

I just recently read in a thread (and now can't remember where or the exact details) that you can have your deck gun crew target a ship via the binoculars by simply _______________? Can't remember. Was it right click on it? :-? Please help this middle aged memory get it together.

KeptinCranky 11-17-07 02:03 PM

the answer is by pressing space bar when it's in the binocular crosshair, also works for planes, probably works for the UZO too:D

Jimbuna 11-17-07 02:08 PM

Doesn't work with the UZO :nope:

Stealth Hunter 11-17-07 02:22 PM

Run softly, be quick and precise in attacks, have back-up plans if something fails, stay sharp, do regular checks, make and improve attack plans, carry a big stick.

5string74 11-17-07 02:41 PM

Thanks...the spacebar. My binos have no crosshairs...that matter? Is that a mod (crosshairs)?

KeptinCranky 11-18-07 04:10 AM

whoops, sorry, yes GWX removes that crosshair....center the target in the binocs and press spacebar...:D

Jimbuna 11-18-07 08:09 AM

LOL :rotfl:

;)

joho 11-19-07 04:35 PM

External view and Hydrophone.

Press "." and "," to see yous sub and any other contact you have in range including aircraft. (press "." to jump forward through the contacts and "," to go back). Also by pressing H you come to the hydrophone (I presume you knew that) but press H again and you will return to previous station.

And a question I cant jump to the right page in the recmanuall by pressing ships name in the UZO or periscope view, would be a marvelous utility thou.

Paajtor 11-19-07 06:09 PM

Don't press the ship-name...click on ship:
:up: