SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] [1.5UBM] Typhoon SSBN Career Playable sub (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=184167)

Brewster 06-03-11 12:42 PM

My sub in the career does sometimes just dive to the bottom of the sea..
and does not come back up.

danny60 06-03-11 12:44 PM

Mine does that sometimes,
But if you through it in all astern flank you should* be able to reverse out to the surface.

Brewster 06-03-11 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danny60 (Post 1676719)
Mine does that sometimes,
But if you through it in all astern flank you should* be able to reverse out to the surface.

Yeah when i but it in reverse it surface back but its a bad bug.

danny60 06-03-11 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brewster (Post 1676722)
Yeah when i but it in reverse it surface back but its a bad bug.

I think its because your going that fast when you dive the game can't adjust the planes/ballast etc in time for the sub to level off. Its also why the boat will overshoot your target depth if your going any faster than say 20 knots

jhapprich 06-03-11 12:58 PM

the game engine isn`t the problem, but the plane`s efficency needs to be adjusted

Brewster 06-03-11 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danny60 (Post 1676726)
I think its because your going that fast when you dive the game can't adjust the planes/ballast etc in time for the sub to level off. Its also why the boat will overshoot your target depth if your going any faster than say 20 knots

Aha thank you for explaining.

Do you maybe know how i can edit the damage, then if i hit the bottom i have time to re surface..

Char 06-03-11 01:10 PM

Brewster it's a thing with all the Modren sub Mods in SH4,they all have trouble leveling out when your going too fast.

And don't blame the PC for the lag,Blame FRAPS.I hate that thing with a passion due to the lag on activation and only 30 second window,it leads to ---- like that.

Anyone got a good Free Video Capture Program that they use.I'd rather not use FRAPS again.

danny60 06-03-11 01:25 PM

Camstudio is suppost to be good.

Yamato_NF 06-03-11 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marka Ragnos (Post 1676664)
When i start a career the sub was inside the harbor

I have changed a few settings and this is the result

http://colonial-forces.be/images/SH1.jpg

And i'm ready to destroy the world :p

http://colonial-forces.be/images/SH2.jpg

if you want i can give you the files Yamato, the first one is a must i believe

nice work m8

yes, send me the files! ill PM you with my E-Mail if you want.

Brewster 06-03-11 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Char (Post 1676743)
Brewster it's a thing with all the Modren sub Mods in SH4,they all have trouble leveling out when your going too fast.

And don't blame the PC for the lag,Blame FRAPS.I hate that thing with a passion due to the lag on activation and only 30 second window,it leads to ---- like that.

Anyone got a good Free Video Capture Program that they use.I'd rather not use FRAPS again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQnDYnM_Hug

made it with pay version of fraps.

peabody 06-03-11 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Char (Post 1676743)

Fraps actually does a better job than camstudio as far as quality. What are your video settings? I set mine to half frame at 29.97fps and my computer is borderline on the video card for SH4 and I don't have problems with Fraps. Fraps is limited to 30 sec on the free version.

With Camstudio I have had it stop recording after a certain amount of time, but it never tells me it stopped. I never measured the amount of time, but I never get "the whole thing" when I record with it.

Peabody

Brewster 06-03-11 02:22 PM

Damn damn damn damn:damn::damn::damn:

My sub cant dive good any more... even with 5 knots i hit the ocean floor.. a solution please ?:hmmm:

Yamato_NF 06-03-11 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peabody (Post 1676783)
Fraps actually does a better job than camstudio as far as quality. What are your video settings? I set mine to half frame at 29.97fps and my computer is borderline on the video card for SH4 and I don't have problems with Fraps. Fraps is limited to 30 sec on the free version.

With Camstudio I have had it stop recording after a certain amount of time, but it never tells me it stopped. I never measured the amount of time, but I never get "the whole thing" when I record with it.

Peabody

I use the X-Fire video capture feature :up:

Char 06-03-11 02:25 PM

This is why I hate being so broke I can't pay attention Brewster.I could just Start the mission,Turn it on,and Pick And choose what Parts I wanted for the video!:damn:

God Damn that looked good.

Of course,I'd mute the In-game music.Cause When we're dealing with nuclear Submarines,it's music from Hunt For Red October and Crimson Tide,or none at all!:haha:

Edit:Ya know Yamato,I completly Forgot Xfire had a Video capture.I'm going to do a few Tests with it and If they're satifactory I'll remake the Promo Video!

Brewster 06-03-11 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Char (Post 1676793)
This is why I hate being so broke I can't pay attention Brewster.I could just Start the mission,Turn it on,and Pick And choose what Parts I wanted for the video!:damn:

God Damn that looked good.

Of course,I'd mute the In-game music.Cause When we're dealing with nuclear Submarines,it's music from Hunt For Red October and Crimson Tide,or none at all!:haha:

Yeah i dont have red october music otherwise i would have done that to.
But i made tons of movies for rome total war so i know how the drill go's haha.

But my sub is lagging.. wont dive good any more with 5 knots i hit the ocean floor..