SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Das Boot Sound Mod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=133004)

Wildhawke11 02-20-09 11:27 PM

So its extract to SH3 -- DATA -- SOUND if it does not worK by using JSGME.
Just checking because i am a bit of a dummy :)
Thanks Sailor

Schultz 02-21-09 04:40 PM

It works thank you very much

Sailor Steve 02-21-09 05:29 PM

Woohoo!:woot:

And yes, Wildhawke, that's correct. I'm a dummy too, so don't worry about it too much.:sunny:

Wildhawke11 02-21-09 07:28 PM

Thanks Steve
From The Dummy
Cheers Buddy
Danny :)

Infernos --- Great == The guys here really are very nice and helpful

andym 03-26-09 04:19 PM

I cant see this in the new downloads section,am i blind or is it not there yet?

Sailor Steve 03-26-09 04:21 PM

It's not there yet. Due to the size I can't upload it right now.

BUT you can get it here:
http://www.bts-mods.com/?page=sh3user=sailorsteve

andym 03-26-09 04:46 PM

Dinkle Sheidt Sailor Steve!:yeah:

frau kaleun 02-27-10 04:14 PM

Resurrecting this thread because I just d/led the DBSM (thanks Sailor Steve!) and have been listening to some of the speech files and comparing them to the ones already in the game folder, trying to decide which versions I like best. Which has led to a question about the game's speech files themselves and how they work.

I see that there are 9 folders in the Speech directory, all of which appear to have the same set of files in them. So does each folder contain a slightly different version of each file and the game chooses from each folder's files randomly when needed, to keep things from getting too monotonous in-game?

I ask because I'm already interested in using the blank "Yes_sir" file from the DBSM to get rid of the constant "Jawohl"s every time I give an order, but I'm not sure I want to get rid of it completely. So I'm wondering if I used the blank file in, say, half the folders, would I hear the "Jawohl" sometimes and nothing at other times, depending on which folder the game went to in that particular instance?

Sailor Steve 02-28-10 08:44 PM

Each folder is tied into a specific character. If you use the same Chief all the time, he will always have whichever file you used. I have no idea which folder goes with which individual, so I can't help there. All I can suggest at this point is experimentation.

Also don't forget the 'Fix' pack, that changes the 'Ahead Slow' so it only whispers while Silent Running.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1528

frau kaleun 02-28-10 10:59 PM

Thanks, Steve. When I looked at the folders I wasn't sure how they worked, but having one for each relevant crew member makes more sense than what I was thinking, lol. Probably I will try subbing in the blank file in all of them to replace the constant "Jawohl"s and see how I like it.

If so I will just make my own little mod for those particular files and enable it with JSGME, that way I can pick and choose which sounds I want to sub in from whatever source, provided I know where the originals are in the game folders, and I'll have the option of disabling them and going back to to what's already there if I feel like it. I already did this for the Menu_Master LOOP file and it subbed in an .ogg file I ripped off my Das Boot soundtrack, and it worked! (I was so proud.) :O:

d85 03-18-10 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frau kaleun (Post 1285040)
Thanks, Steve. When I looked at the folders I wasn't sure how they worked, but having one for each relevant crew member makes more sense than what I was thinking, lol. Probably I will try subbing in the blank file in all of them to replace the constant "Jawohl"s and see how I like it.

If so I will just make my own little mod for those particular files and enable it with JSGME, that way I can pick and choose which sounds I want to sub in from whatever source, provided I know where the originals are in the game folders, and I'll have the option of disabling them and going back to to what's already there if I feel like it. I already did this for the Menu_Master LOOP file and it subbed in an .ogg file I ripped off my Das Boot soundtrack, and it worked! (I was so proud.) :O:

Hi everyone!

I got a problem with downloading that mod from filefront:

Error file is temporary unavailable.

Where else can i download this mod?

Someone help me please!!!

HW3 03-18-10 05:29 AM

It is available in the download section of this site.:shucks:

d85 03-18-10 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HW3 (Post 1321697)
It is available in the download section of this site.:shucks:

Thank you very much the problem is gone!:)

TheGreatElector 05-22-14 05:03 PM

The link does not work :/\\!!

Sailor Steve 05-22-14 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bismarck1011 (Post 2209971)
The link does not work :/\\!!

Did you read the post just two above yours? The one that says "It is available in the download section of this site."?

On the other hand I didn't realize that I had never changed the links in the first post to reflect that, so it's fixed now and you can get them from there. :sunny: