SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Strike on North Korea (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=230409)

Mr Quatro 10-10-17 11:52 AM

North Korea has no choice, but to follow it's leader ... :yep:

at least America had a choice between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.
I wonder what she would've done?

Trump is between a rock and hard place if he waits much longer North Korea
will rule the skies of America and UK and Japan with fear. :o

I doubt if they would ever launch first if left alone, but who wants to take that chance?

Seriously though isn't something this big of declaring war on North Korea up to the same
US Congress and Senate that can't even pass a budget or a good health care bill?

Oberon 10-10-17 12:38 PM

You could have said a lot of that about Mao back in the day...

Catfish 10-10-17 12:45 PM

In this situation, it is such a comforting feeling to have this.. as the head of the US.

Delgard 10-10-17 01:32 PM

Yes, it will be a race between the U.S. and China to the critical sites. Even to just confirm damage and survey.

I also think China will keep some territory as a buffer. Korea has a great economic and military potential.

Oberon 10-10-17 02:36 PM

At least it'll be slightly cheaper to repair the DPRK back to the status quo than it will be to repair the ROK. To bring the DPRK up to the level of the ROK though will take billions. Not to mention that the PRC would have to police the DPRK/PRC border like a hawk to stop a flood of refugees.

Platapus 10-10-17 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Quatro (Post 2517854)

Trump is between a rock and hard place if he waits much longer North Korea
will rule the skies of America and UK and Japan with fear. :o

Rule the skies with fear? Isn't that a bit dramatic?

In a list of things I am afraid of, military action on the part of NK is not near the top...... The US escalating military action in NK is much higher on my fear list.

mapuc 10-10-17 03:12 PM

It's not an action movie, where the hero or heroes save the country, the world and the day.

It's for real and no one, knows for sure what's going to happen if USA bomb North Korea.

There are expert from all kind of areas* who are using all their skills to calculate what KJU could do and not do, if USA bomb NK
(* I think they are called think tank or something)

Markus

Rockstar 10-10-17 04:07 PM

I'm quite sure just like every other country it takes more than one to agree to and actually turn the key to launch a nuclear strike against another nation. Those people, even a NorK, are aware of what the consequences of their actions will be if they concur with fatboy.

Mr Quatro 10-10-17 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockstar (Post 2517920)
I'm quite sure just like every other country it takes more than one to agree to and actually turn the key to launch a nuclear strike against another nation. Those people, even a NorK, are aware of what the consequences of their actions will be if they concur with fatboy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsxbE5atWs0

Delgard 10-10-17 04:51 PM

I think it would be precision strikes....air defense will get taken out first.

Indicators...general ones....will be noticed first. Then the strikes and then teams to secure those WMD sited.

Or, a very select two to five sites that provide critical components.

There are options, but they are esculatory in nature.

mapuc 10-10-17 05:30 PM

I think it would be the most obvious a precision strike.

The question is how big this strike will be.

Will it be short one-only a few targets being hit or will it be long bombing campaign ?

Markus

Delgard 10-10-17 08:05 PM

Obviously, the world, and China, will accept and publically, maybe slowly, support limited precision strikes. But that would not include getting ALL of the nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons.

The sanctions are not effective because Russia will provide some aid, as politics are currently and will probably remain. China, also, is reluctant because they don't want to deal with the mess.

As someone said, "a rock and a hard place".

Oberon 10-10-17 08:49 PM

The big snag being, by the time they get to these sites, the missiles will be long gone, fired at their targets. There's no reason to think that Kim would just sit back and let his missiles be taken out one by one. His only card involves immediate asymmetrical escalation, and that includes against China if he perceives that they have betrayed him. Beijing isn't that far from North Korea, it wouldn't even need one of their more modern missiles to cross that distance.
Basically, as soon as you start any attack on North Korea the likelihood of the wholesale launch of DPRK missiles increases exponentially. So rather than air defence sites, I think they'll have to go for whatever missiles they can find, and then hope that the anti-missile defences of South Korea, Japan, Guam, Hawaii and the US mainland can take out whatever they miss.

mapuc 10-11-17 04:22 PM

Been wondering if all these tweets Trump have been written about/regarding North Korea isn't some kind of psychological warfare.

I could be wrong.

Markus

Mr Quatro 10-11-17 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapuc (Post 2518116)
Been wondering if all these tweets Trump have been written about/regarding North Korea isn't some kind of psychological warfare.

I could be wrong.

Markus

Those threat tweets? Must have done something, uh? ... NK didn't fire a long range missile capable of hitting the USA mainland yet.

Rocket man flinched :yep: