SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter III (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   SH3 Newbie Guide, FAQs, Tactics & Tips, Links, & other helpful stuff (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=96026)

sublynx 01-03-15 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBFIN (Post 2274327)
when I tried to load the patrol it threw me out of the game and said SH3.exe stoped working. I tried last save and one before that. Same result.

Following the procedures in this link has helped some players with save game crashes in a big way:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=166283&page=3

BBFIN 01-03-15 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sublynx (Post 2274436)
Following the procedures in this link has helped some players with save game crashes in a big way:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=166283&page=3

At first glance the my problem looks exactly the same. Thank you very much. I'll try tips from that thread.

BSW59 04-11-15 10:20 AM

Coming back to SH3

1 Attachment(s)
have just invested in an old fast dell with win xp and having loaded up SH3 i see that the mods have really moved on - I last played this 7 years ago - can anyone tell me about this mods manager and whether i have to have it before i add any other mods in - before i just copy and pasted in ogg files etc but it seems more complcated now.
cheers

Aks 05-17-15 09:00 AM

U-boat name

Hi to all. I have a question. Which file give the information about u-boat names in career. I thought - Flotilla.cfg from CFG folder.
But in this file for example to 1st flotilla boats (1939) i have 3 strings:
Name000=U-1
Name001=U-2
Name002=U-3
When i start career in 1st flotilla in 1939 - i can take U-5 or U-6.

Tycho 05-17-15 12:05 PM

Maybe from: data\Roster\German\Submarine\SSType??.cfg

Aks 05-18-15 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tycho (Post 2314485)
Maybe from: data\Roster\German\Submarine\SSType??.cfg

Hm, yes you right. Thank you very much.

What's mean "name" strings in Flotilla.cfg? Looks like they mean nothing.

johnboy62 06-29-15 08:07 AM

load that bloody torp now

:wah:being a total newbie to the game I would like to know how I can load torpeados quicker,,i mean I assigned the crew ,and went through the weapons officer etc and nothing happened,i was not in silent running ,and I watched a merchant just sail away into the distance,i have no mods at all but would love one just to load torps quicker,after the ship had been gone outta sight the so n so loaded the tubes?,how can I change this so they follow orders and load straightaway,if its possible,thanx for any help,jb62.

Aktungbby 06-29-15 10:16 AM

welcome aboard!

johnboy62!:Kaleun_Salute:

Jimbuna 06-29-15 11:18 AM

I use SH3 Commander and that has the option to auto reload.

Welcome to SubSim John, always good to see another Brit around here :sunny:

johnboy62 07-01-15 01:32 PM

thanx marra

thank you jimbuna:up:,,I will try the mod,,i hate to see them get away:wah::haha:,,,johnboy,,,from :sunny: sunderland.

THEBERBSTER 07-01-15 02:21 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > johnboy62 :subsim:
You Will Always Find Someone Here To Help You :sunny:
New To Silent Hunter <> Need Help <> Click On My Thread Link. :salute:
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community :yeah:
Tonnage Bar Fix Here > Tutorial Post #188 Not Needed If Using TWOS & sobers Latest Mods List :/\\!!
Post #24 Shaefer’s Season 2 Let's Play Silent Hunter 5 YouTube Videos :ping:

Jimbuna 07-02-15 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnboy62 (Post 2325535)
thank you jimbuna:up:,,I will try the mod,,i hate to see them get away:wah::haha:,,,johnboy,,,from :sunny: sunderland.

TOON ARMY :smug:

Aks 07-27-15 09:56 AM

Can anybody answer my questions about Basic.cfg file?

1. What means strings
"MedalSettings0=0.25
MedalSettings1=0.5
MedalSettings2=1"

2. What is "Medal Score"? Is it depends on sunk tonnage? If yes - how it depends?

3. Why the file Basic.cfg haven't the informations about uboat war badge and front clasp to u-boat commander?

ratatoeskr76 08-10-15 04:07 AM

Silent Hunter III Community Manual

Hi Kaleuns,

I have noticed that the community manual is down again. Luckily i have downloaded it some time ago and have a bunch of pdfs with the chapters of the manual available.

I could make a zip/rar/7zip file and upload the manual to subsim. If i shall do this please tell me where is the right place and how to!

Best regards
Ratatoeskr

Chief1924 12-12-15 11:27 PM

What mods should I download for the best manual targeting?

Ok, so I recently bought the game on a Steam sale and I've been wanting to learn to target ships manually because I can't even make out how to make automatic targeting work. Now I've been quick to download mods like GWX 3.0 and SH3 Commander, but I've seen videos where people use German Attack disks and stuff like that. Have any idea where I could get mods like that and which ones would be best? Thanks in advance.:up: