SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Sub Commander (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   Working on a new submarine sim: Sub Commander - advice needed! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=202304)

JustAnotherPersonHere 04-04-18 04:39 PM

I'm Back!

About 6 months ago the game died on me, I couldn't open/run the game and nothing I tried worked, Fast forwards to today, An April fools event in a game I play brings be back here once again and i'm glad I checked. I missed the update several times before and now the game is working again. Now all I need is to get a hold of the Build your own sub tools again and I can remake some eccentric submarines!

Edit: I looked back through the pages to about page 31 and the links I found were 404 not found. Any up to date/non broken links?

ChristopherTarana 04-04-18 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustAnotherPersonHere (Post 2548130)
About 6 months ago the game died on me, I couldn't open/run the game and nothing I tried worked, Fast forwards to today, An April fools event in a game I play brings be back here once again and i'm glad I checked. I missed the update several times before and now the game is working again. Now all I need is to get a hold of the Build your own sub tools again and I can remake some eccentric submarines!

Edit: I looked back through the pages to about page 31 and the links I found were 404 not found. Any up to date/non broken links?

Can you download any of the user created Submarines? It looks like the Typhoon 2 submarine has the tools. (Typhoon2.zip) The Ohio Class have them too (Ohio V2 and Ohio V2 No Prop!)

Christopher

ljb135 05-26-18 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustAnotherPersonHere (Post 2548130)

Hmmm.... :hmmm:
I have a sneaking suspicion that the game is War Thunder

MistaMeowmas 06-14-18 05:34 PM

Working upload?

Hey guys! Anyone got a working upload of the latest version? The creators link seems to be dead...

Aktungbby 06-14-18 09:00 PM

welcome aboard!

MistaMeowmas!:Kaleun_Salute:

ChristopherTarana 06-16-18 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MistaMeowmas (Post 2557339)
Hey guys! Anyone got a working upload of the latest version? The creators link seems to be dead...

It looks like the link is fixed! :salute: I just downloaded it myself! :ping:

Christopher Tarana

succerpunch 12-27-18 12:32 PM

Yo, Geoff. Any news lately?

FalcoGer 02-06-19 02:02 PM

It seems like the link is dead again. Maybe it'd be nice to move it to say, github.

Aktungbby 02-08-19 12:16 AM

Welcome aboard!

FalcoGer!:Kaleun_Salute:

Aktungbby 02-23-19 01:29 PM

welcome aboard!

altitude!:Kaleun_Salute:

ChristopherTarana 02-24-19 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by altitude (Post 2593212)
is here a way to make you own custom sub.

If you can download the OhioNoProp V2.0 ohiov2noprop.zip from the User Created Submarines Thread here on SubSim.com Forum, that file has the editor needed to make you're own ships! :ping:

Christopher Tarana

TheGeoff 04-10-19 09:29 AM

Hi everyone,

Firstly, sorry for not updating you about the status and future of Sub Commander sooner.

Unfortunately, continuing to develop the game in its current state has become almost impossible. Partly due to real life commitments taking up most of my time, partly because the game is written in a very old language with increasingly little support on modern systems, and partly because the code base is a real mess. I was not an experienced coder when I started work on Sub Commander and didn't understand the importance of writing 'good' code - at this point, it's basically unmaintainable.

I want to thank everyone who has played Sub Commander over the years, and especially everyone who has contributed to the game - whether by creating your own content, posting feedback and advice, or just by telling others about the game. I have really enjoyed hearing your experiences with the game.

Sub Commander in its current form is very unlikely to see any further updates, but this is not the end. I plan to rebuild the game using a more modern platform in future - hopefully bigger and better than ever. When there is more news on this front, the Subsim forums will certainly be first to hear about it.

Geoff
:Kaleun_Salute:

succerpunch 04-11-19 01:50 AM

Thanks for giving us a update. Sub Commander is a neat little game that is fun and I can't wait to see what the future holds. Maybe if you release the source code on GitHub so anyone that has the time or knowledge can work on it?

Coedgy 06-06-19 05:52 PM

What language was sub commander made with? You have alot of supporters if / when you start making the new version :)

Aktungbby 06-06-19 09:33 PM

Welcome aboard!

Coedgy!:Kaleun_Salute: