SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] RFB/Real Fleet Boat for 1.5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=125529)

RFB Team 05-13-08 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackMaga
Not to be a pain in the a** but...
I dowloaded the new version of RFB and now all officers have ensign ranks on their collars regardless of their actual rank. CPOs don't have any rank on their collars though...
Also some officers on the deck watch now have stock hats not Captain Cox ones...

I know what the problem is (it doesn't have anything to do with CrewMembers3D.upc). I'll upload a fix here shortly...

CapnScurvy 05-13-08 07:49 AM

Regarding the Menu Bar mixup. This is strange that the ATI cards seem to have the problem. I know there's only been a few people that have posted regarding the jarbled menu bar but there does seem to be a pattern?!?!

I should tell you, with the advice of Fincuan, removing the extra .dds image files, and reworking the entries in the OrdersBar.cfg, I have my jarbled Hud back to normal. I am going to check the latest RFB release to see what it looks like and see if the changes I made need to be incorporated into RFB. I know there are special steps needed with SH4 1.5 regarding the American AND German files.

THANKS to Fincuan for the post. Two heads (or more) are always better than one, even if they are cabbage!!

RFB Team Member

Fincuan 05-13-08 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapnScurvy
Regarding the Menu Bar mixup. This is strange that the ATI gards seem to have the problem.

I have Ati too(X1950 Pro), and as you already know had the menu problem too.

Good to hear I was able to help you :up:

RFB Team 05-13-08 08:08 AM

Alright, I've uploaded a patch that fixes the problem of rank insignia on the officers and CPOs, plus I fixed a problem with the depth charge explosion sound cutting off. Download it here:

http://dodownload.filefront.com/1020...d5d22a495dce12

It can be applied at any time, but you might not see the results of the crew insignia fix until you start a new patrol (or campaign). Also note: the messed-up graphics on some of the American crewmen is the result of a bug introduced with the 1.5 add-on, not anything the RFB mod has done. Hopefully a fix for this can be found soon.

Sorry about all these little updates, guys. With all the files we've been editing, sometimes one or two changes that were meant to be included slip through the cracks.

Schultzy 05-13-08 09:37 AM

No need to apologise...this kind of after service care is great! Thank you for the prompt fix! :up:

vanjast 05-13-08 12:03 PM

WWhheeeeeeeeeeeee... FF is finally working... Downloading - You know how happy I am... :up:

I think my previous problems had something to do with the 'Mad rush to the mall' :)

tedhealy 05-13-08 01:13 PM

What happened to the ability to raise and lower the camera height with the 7 and 1 key on the keypad?

I'd like to get that back and how can I remove the conning tower obstruction when looking through the TBT?

Also, where do I bring the stadimeter down to? Before I thought RFB had it where you brought it down to a funnel or somewhere other than the top of the tallest mast. Now I don't see that red mark in the ship ID book.

AVGWarhawk 05-13-08 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedhealy
What happened to the ability to raise and lower the camera height with the 7 and 1 key on the keypad?

I'd like to get that back and how can I remove the conning tower obstruction when looking through the TBT?

Also, where do I bring the stadimeter down to? Before I thought RFB had it where you brought it down to a funnel or somewhere other than the top of the tallest mast. Now I don't see that red mark in the ship ID book.

Something very odd here. I have the book with the red marks in my fresh download.

akdavis 05-13-08 02:14 PM

Quote:

I have red marks in mine.

vanjast 05-13-08 02:17 PM

Has that RFB - Air mod been included with the latest version ?

:)

SirHendrik 05-13-08 02:21 PM

Easteregg?

I'm running
SH1.5
NSM
PE
RFB
RSRDC
and found ...
Now i know, why my sub is going down!

[url="http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sh4img20080513211540571sl2.jpg"]http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/6...1540571sl2.jpg
[IMG]http://img530.imag

vanjast 05-13-08 02:33 PM

Maybe a silly question...
With OM installed, will it still be OK to do a career on a US sub, or must one specifically play UBoat ?

Thanks
Van

Burstar 05-13-08 02:40 PM

I hate to bring this up but...

Ok, I know this is a sensitive issue but I have to point something out about the deck gun.

Forget time to kill, shots required etc... I agree with Beery on this. My complaint is that the AA guns are overpowered in relation to the Deck gun. Numerous trials have demonstrated a huge difference here that I think needs to be addressed.

Example problems:

Lifeboat - 12 AP deck gun shells vs. 4 40mm AA shots. (death by giant explosion... didn't know they needed diesel to power the rafts/rowboats)

Sampan or similar - 12 40mm AA shots to kill vs. 40 deckgun shots (again sailboats explode and leave fuel fire at surface...).

All (so far) merchant ships - 40mm AP AA rounds will punch visible holes in the hull given enough grouping of shots. No holes from deckgun shells ever...

I am using SHIV 1.4 with the appropriate 1.4 RFB.

I love this mod for everything else. I just hate knowing that I could be ack-acking that boat to death so much easier than with the deck gun.

PS. Yes I know its unrealistic to hose lifeboats to death but I'm just making a point here :)

Thanks for hearing me out. I apologize in advance for any etiquette breaches (I am not a common poster)

tedhealy 05-13-08 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
Something very odd here. I have the book with the red marks in my fresh download.

Okey dokey, I'll redownload and try again.

Anyone else unable to move the free cam up and down with the 7 and 1 keys on the numpad? (yes I've tried numlock on and off).

SirHendrik 05-13-08 03:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk

Okey dokey, I'll redownload and try again.

Anyone else unable to move the free cam up and down with the 7 and 1 keys on the numpad? (yes I've tried numlock on and off).

Same problem here ...
NSM
PE
RFB
RSRDC

btw: no red marks, too, but might be another mod?
... but no problems with ati card :-)