SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] Radio Stations and Music Mod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=119668)

StevenLohr 12-02-07 08:23 AM

Updated NBC file?

Fred, I downloaded your NBC file back (I believe) in August. However, it looks like you have modified it. Is there a single download file that merely updates the previous files, or do I have to download all of the files to get the new shows?
Thanks,
Steve

Mikkow 12-02-07 10:58 PM

For a person also deeply interested in real history as well as convincing/thick/real atmosphere, how can any user addition to the sim be any better than this? That's a lot of hours of culture/history jammed in there. Pity about the enormous filesizes though. Good thing I'm getting a new HD :) Thanks a million!

Edit: May I suggest you split any updates into additions/patches and leave the originals? Just so we don't have to discard the enormous downloads we had downloaded already.

Edit 2: It's funny, I actually pre-ordered SH4 and just tried it a tiny bit, then shelved it waiting for a patch like 1.4 to come out and, wow, mods like this. Amazing must-have. Imagine how different the game is from 1.0 compared to 1.4 + TM1.7 and this radio mod. Immeeeeersion! I'm sure I'll be killing tons of time cruising around just soaking up the views and paying attention to the war developments (luckily I know little about what happened in the pacific war, dates and locations etc, so it'll be a real thrill to see how the war/battles progress).

fred8615 12-03-07 10:05 AM

To StevenLohr:

Yes you will need to download the complete set again. There have been quite a few programs added in since August.

To Mikkow:

Thank you for the comments. I have in the past used an "Add-on" to update, and may do so in the future. It depends on the size and nature of the update.

swdw 12-03-07 11:12 AM

After several tries I keep getting a problem with the Bob Hope and Betty Hutton show while unpacking the archive. It's in both part 1 and part 2 of AFR. Downloaded 3 different times w/ and w/o a download manager. Tried 2 seperate programs to unpack them.

For now I went and deleted the event for that show, but wanted to let you know

fred8615 12-03-07 02:28 PM

Can you give me the exact show name? Also is it just part1.rar and part2.rar that are giving the error?

Dantenoc 12-12-07 07:22 PM

I downloaded all 17 parts of the NBC radio station, but I dont understand how to extract them... they seem to want to overwrite each other when I try to extract them, since they seem to have lots of files that are called the same. Do I let them overwrite each other? If so, then why bother including them in the first place?

please help

Edit: OK, I think I understand now... I don't need to manualy extract each part, just the first one and then it automatically extracts everything, right?

DrBeast 12-13-07 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dantenoc
Edit: OK, I think I understand now... I don't need to manualy extract each part, just the first one and then it automatically extracts everything, right?

That would be correct, yes. BTW fred, my poor hard drive is cursing you...damn fine mods, but not for the faint of storage capacity! :up: Oh, and don't worry about the curses...I just cursed it back and it shut up (and we greeks have a pretty extensive cursing vocabulary)! :D

fred8615 12-13-07 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBeast
That would be correct, yes. BTW fred, my poor hard drive is cursing you...damn fine mods, but not for the faint of storage capacity! :up: Oh, and don't worry about the curses...I just cursed it back and it shut up (and we greeks have a pretty extensive cursing vocabulary)! :D

Well, I've always felt that if something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

ReallyDedPoet 12-18-07 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fred8615
I've added an Armed Forces Radio Service Add-on file, and have begun mirroring the Radio Saigon mod. See the first post in this thread for details.

Nice :up:, getting it now.

RDP

rrmelend 12-19-07 12:57 PM

I can't wait to try all these out when I have time to DL them at home. Thanks for all the work you've done.

ReallyDedPoet 12-21-07 01:03 PM

Nice work on the NBC add-on :up:

RDP

Rockin Robbins 12-24-07 07:12 PM

Damned mod is just too @#$@% big!!!!!

Downloading now!:rock: I knew there was some reason I have two 320 gb drives...:dead: Can't wait to listen to Reville with Beverly!:p

Quasimodo 12-25-07 10:15 AM

I'm a new member and although I've been a fan of subsim and its mods and pop in to see the latest in naval sims I've finally gotten off my keel and joined. So for starters thanks for allowing me here and for all the great work you do.

Now...a technical idiot question. I SH3 the grammaphone files are in mp3 format. Yet the additional files for the radios for SH3 and 4 are .rar files. Can anyone explain to me what I have to have to download and use these as .rar won't work.

Thanks in advnace!

Florida Sailor 12-25-07 10:47 AM

rar are zipped (compressed) files and must be extracted using a compression/decompression program. I use 7 zip for this. It's good and it's free. Get it here. http://www.7-zip.org/
After you install it, right click on the .rar file and choose extract. Then you can use the files.

For step by step MOD installation, go here: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...6?r=9611075206

Quasimodo 12-27-07 12:04 PM

Thanks Florida Sailor! Works like a charm!