SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] Fleetboat Interior: Officers Quarters (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=244691)

Canonicus 05-18-24 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2912331)
Fitzcarraldo, that 'fix' also changes the anigraph animation in SON.dat, which would well not be compatible with vickers03's changes for the character in the upc files. Plus, the IDs might not match. Have you had a chance yet to try without that mod in your mix?

Sorry..I never touched any animation files...I just modified what the SON.dat file sees as the new voice call outs for the sonarman and added the appropriate sound file for him to speak. This is a speech only mod.

vickers03 05-18-24 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canonicus (Post 2912374)
Sorry..I never touched any animation files...I just modified what the SON file sees as the new voice call outs for the sonarman and added the appropriate sound file for him to speak. This is a speech only mod.

i would like to merge this mod with my speech overhaul, with your permission :salute:

Canonicus 05-18-24 05:40 AM

sure.. I'm more than fine with that.. thank you for asking.

propbeanie 05-18-24 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canonicus (Post 2912374)
Sorry..I never touched any animation files...I just modified what the SON.dat file sees as the new voice call outs for the sonarman and added the appropriate sound file for him to speak. This is a speech only mod.

I definitely should have worded that better. Changes made previous page. :salute:

fitzcarraldo 05-19-24 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2912331)
Fitzcarraldo, that 'fix' also changes the SON.dat file in the AniGraphs folder, which might be incompatible with vickers03's changes for the character in the upc files. Plus, the IDs might not match. Have you had a chance yet to try without that mod in your mix?

The issue is in the SON.dat, without it, the sonarman is well placed. There is something not compatible with the interiors in that file (IŽll check it with S3D), but will be great if the Canonicus mod becomes compatible with FOTRSU and Vickers interiors. The Canonicus mod works very well except for the misplaced guy.

Many thanks for all the help, happy Sunday! :Kaleun_Cheers:

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Canonicus 05-19-24 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2912462)
The issue is in the SON.dat, without it, the sonarman is well placed. There is something not compatible with the interiors in that file (IŽll check it with S3D), but will be great if the Canonicus mod becomes compatible with FOTRSU and Vickers interiors. The Canonicus mod works very well except for the misplaced guy.

Many thanks for all the help, happy Sunday! :Kaleun_Cheers:

The SON.dat file that I modified was from FOTRSU 1.8 which makes it compatible.

I am using 1.8 with the Vickers interior mod and my mod ...without any of the animation anomalies like what you are experiencing.
As I said before... I did not do any changes to the animation portion of the SON.dat file.. only speech.

fitzcarraldo 05-20-24 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canonicus (Post 2912504)
The SON.dat file that I modified was from FOTRSU 1.8 which makes it compatible.

I am using 1.8 with the Vickers interior mod and my mod ...without any of the animation anomalies like what you are experiencing.
As I said before... I did not do any changes to the animation portion of the SON.dat file.. only speech.

I have the issue only with your mod. Disabling it, I have the sonarman in his correct position. But IŽll check all the files or I'll made a new installation of FOTRSU to try the mod. :k_confused:

Many thanks :Kaleun_Cheers: