SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   PC Hardware/Software forum (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   New Computer (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158693)

Spike88 01-01-10 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk (Post 1228621)
To give you an idea of how your machine will perform, I have 2.5GHz AMD X4 9850 processors and 8 gig DDR2 RAM. Everything else is about the same in your system as mine. I rund COD4 at full graphics. SH4 is played at full graphics. I just got Fallout 3 and I run that just about full tilt. Your machine will perform very well and the days of worrying if your machine will run game is now over for a very long time. Just load the game and push all the graphic to max. Have fun! :D

You're not helping my anticipation. :O:

I just found out that it's shipped and will be on my door Monday at 3:00pm. :rock:

I have enough money to get one game with this paycheck, anyone have any suggestions?

So far I have
SH3
SH4 Gold
Company of Hereos +It's expansion
Tropico 3(gametap)
DCS: Black Shark

goldorak 01-01-10 01:48 PM

Since you're into military sims give Arma II a spin.
It should definitely be worth it.

Spike88 01-01-10 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldorak (Post 1228632)
Since you're into military sims give Arma II a spin.
It should definitely be worth it.

I was thinking about ARMA 2 but heard it had a lot of bugs.

I was thinking about Crysis, but it sounds like just an FPS with pretty graphics.

Arclight 01-01-10 02:48 PM

I'd say Crysis is more than that.

I really don't like FPS games. The few exceptions are the more realistic ones, such as OFP/Arma and Vietcong. But I love Crysis, enough to have played through it 5 or 6 times and I'm still not tired of it. That suit gives a lot of freedom in playstyle (go stealth or rambo, whatever you prefer, it works), and the island is spacious enough to let you approach every situation from multiple angles (opening up more tactical gameplay).

Simply put: nanosuit = WIN :D

But a RPG should give you a bit more replay value; maybe have a look at Dragon Age or Fallout 3 as well. :hmmm:

Spike88 01-01-10 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arclight (Post 1228663)
I'd say Crysis is more than that.

I really don't like FPS games. The few exceptions are the more realistic ones, such as OFP/Arma and Vietcong. But I love Crysis, enough to have played through it 5 or 6 times and I'm still not tired of it. That suit gives a lot of freedom in playstyle (go stealth or rambo, whatever you prefer, it works), and the island is spacious enough to let you approach every situation from multiple angles (opening up more tactical gameplay).

Simply put: nanosuit = WIN :D

But a RPG should give you a bit more replay value; maybe have a look at Dragon Age or Fallout 3 as well. :hmmm:

I already own Fallout 3 and all its expansions on the ps3. I still need to finish it. :rotfl2:

AVGWarhawk 01-01-10 04:05 PM

COD4 or the modern warfare COD. :03:

Spike88 01-01-10 05:04 PM

I also own CoD4 and Modern Warfare 2 for the ps3. :rotfl2:

Is Crysis as good as Half Life 2? I love Half Life 2 and its Expansions.

Spike88 01-01-10 06:42 PM

So my choices come down to either:
Crysis(with warhead)
ARMA II
or
Empire: Total War.
Its a hard choice. :-?

AVGWarhawk 01-01-10 08:54 PM

I got my kids PS3 this Christmas. It is an awesome console.

Spike88 01-01-10 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk (Post 1228849)
I got my kids PS3 this Christmas. It is an awesome console.

It is, the only problem with it, is the lazy developers who say "It's to hard to code for so we'll just make 360 games."

Now that I'm getting a Good computer I'll be able to play all the 360 "exclusives" that end up on the PC later on. :rotfl2:

Spike88 01-04-10 02:49 PM

Just got my beautiful computer. :D
Installing all the necessary programs, avast, firefox, drivers, etc.
And then I'll install some games. :D

AVGWarhawk 01-04-10 02:53 PM

Cool beans! Enjoy! :yeah:

Spike88 01-04-10 03:13 PM

So, this computer comes with a finger print scanner which you can use as your password to get onto your User account. Apparently I can set it up so I load up Subsim, swipe my finger and get logged into my subsim account. :o