SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   Will there be a patch 1.6? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=133941)

Alex 03-31-08 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
Quote:

Originally Posted by TDK1044
My money would be on another patch. :D

I think I would call it another addon. :up:

:hmm:... Patch, I think.

@ Dan of Mihai : please tell us ! :D

Pikes 03-31-08 05:55 PM

Content update/SDK please! as far as i can see i think the "bug fixes" are done here...:up: UBI lost the immersion moving to the pacific IMHO. At the moment SH4 is lacking some of the really good things about SH3/GWX. Notably the GWX part...:o

SH4 rekindled my interest and i went back to SH3. For one i cant seem to stick the American targetting system. Where in a U-boat I could never have to pop my scope - do sonar plotting and set a solution manually, in the American boats i have to lock onto a target and identify it with the scope before the whole thing kicks off. That plus manual salvos and fiddling with those knobs...

I'm a British patriot but theres nothing more immersive than "Achtung!" baby...:yep:

Mikhayl 03-31-08 06:41 PM

Just have to give the game some time, GWX 2.0, LSH3 and WAC 3.0 came/are coming about 3 years after the initial release of SH3. The U-Boot add-on has been out only a few months :)

Ducimus 03-31-08 07:09 PM

*sigh*

Why do i even bother.

Alex 03-31-08 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pikes
I'm a British patriot but theres nothing more immersive than "Achtung!" baby...:yep:

LOL ! :rotfl:

Quote:

SH4 rekindled my interest and i went back to SH3. For one i cant seem to stick the American targetting system. Where in a U-boat I could never have to pop my scope - do sonar plotting and set a solution manually, in the American boats i have to lock onto a target and identify it with the scope before the whole thing kicks off.

You should have a look right here, Sir. :up:

Jimbuna 04-01-08 03:36 AM

Quote:

Or even "Aloha!, Achtung!" baby :lol:

CaptainHaplo 04-01-08 06:19 AM

While there has been no official word that I know of, its usual that a commercial app gets at least one patch budgeted, as was mentioned above. I would suspect they are looking for a "comprehensive" bug list and then seeing what it will take to fix them, along with what minor tweaks can they throw in.

Sailor Steve 04-01-08 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducimus
*sigh*

Why do i even bother.

Is that a trick question?:rotfl:

I've spent twenty years doing research on guns, armor and all kinds of ships from the 1890s through the First World War, and countless hours typing and drawing pictures; all for a tabletop miniatures wargame that will almost certainly never see the light of day.

Why do you bother? Because it's what you do. You're an addict, just like all game designers.:sunny:

Syxx_Killer 04-24-08 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
Quote:

Originally Posted by TDK1044
My money would be on another patch. :D

I think I would call it another addon. :up:

Do you guys or anyone else know of anything else yet? It's been a while and I was just wondering if anyone knows anything different.

FIREWALL 04-24-08 09:46 PM

I'm sure the UBI suits figure they can wring another $10.00 out of all of us. :p

cherbert 04-26-08 01:05 PM

Its been a while now.

I think its pretty obvious we aren't getting anything more out of Romania, at least where SH4 is concerned.

Kapitan_Phillips 04-29-08 06:07 AM

Thus this thread will be closed :yep: