SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [TEC] Antilag d3d file better FPS! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=173605)

fitzcarraldo 09-11-10 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanjast (Post 1490576)
Just make sure that you have not already loaded the original dll (ie: running another game, etc..) else the windose possibly will not load the modded dll, resulting in no change!

...but the Catalyst of ATI load the dll? It is inevitable, I think...

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

Silent Steel 11-04-10 02:29 AM

[QUOTE=fitzcarraldo;1490608]...but the Catalyst of ATI load the dll? It is inevitable, I think...

I'm running an ATI X4 975 and first didn't find any settings in the Catalyst to fix this lag problem. My ATI seems to be too quick so my FPS were jumping up and down causing this lag problem.
This antilag mod "d3d_antilag101" is limiting the pre-rendered frames and thus eliminating the problem.

Make sure you paste both files: antilag.cfg and d3d9.dll in the same folder as your SH5.exe (default is C\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5)

I currently set my antilag.cfg like this:
RenderAheadLimit=2
FPSlimit=35
(Open with Notepad - make your changes - save)

And for the Catalyst: in the Catalyst tab "Smart profiles" I've added a release link to UbisoftGameLauncher.exe. This enables the profile when this UbisoftGameLauncher.exe is launched.

You can even create a completely new profile for SH-5 only.
Just Copy one of the existing profiles, name it (i.e. SH-5) and make your settings in this new profile.
Don't forget to put the "UbisoftGameLauncher.exe" into the "release list" (Smart Profiles tab)

Works perfectly for me - try it. Should do the trick.
Runs smooothly. :03:

fitzcarraldo 11-04-10 05:53 AM

[QUOTE=Silent Steel;1528769]
Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 1490608)
...but the Catalyst of ATI load the dll? It is inevitable, I think...

I'm running an ATI X4 975 and first didn't find any settings in the Catalyst to fix this lag problem. My ATI seems to be too quick so my FPS were jumping up and down causing this lag problem.
This antilag mod "d3d_antilag101" is limiting the pre-rendered frames and thus eliminating the problem.

Make sure you paste both files: antilag.cfg and d3d9.dll in the same folder as your SH5.exe (default is C\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5)

I currently set my antilag.cfg like this:
RenderAheadLimit=2
FPSlimit=35
(Open with Notepad - make your changes - save)

And for the Catalyst: in the Catalyst tab "Smart profiles" I've added a release link to UbisoftGameLauncher.exe. This enables the profile when this UbisoftGameLauncher.exe is launched.

You can even create a completely new profile for SH-5 only.
Just Copy one of the existing profiles, name it (i.e. SH-5) and make your settings in this new profile.
Don't forget to put the "UbisoftGameLauncher.exe" into the "release list" (Smart Profiles tab)

Works perfectly for me - try it. Should do the trick.
Runs smooothly. :03:

Many thanks! Iīll try it now.

Best regards.

mopedmoppel 02-20-11 04:06 PM

hello, i canīt download the tool, the link is dead :cry:

Plissken_04 02-20-11 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mopedmoppel (Post 1601790)
hello, i canīt download the tool, the link is dead :cry:

Download it here

ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/Volume_1...BADGER%20FINN/

Username & Password in my Signature!!!

So Long

Maik

fitzcarraldo 02-21-11 03:24 PM

Is there a version of this dll including HiRes Fix? I have HiRes Fix with WideScreen MaGUI, I use 1360x768 resolution (SH3 looks great), but this DLL overwrites the needed DLL for that...:damn: I lost the HiRes Fix...

Many thanks and best regards!

Captain Can 03-29-11 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent Steel (Post 1528769)

well , same goes here. recently i bought a new i5 2500K system and installed SH 5. i had the same issue with you my new system seems too fast for the game and fps are jumping up and down causing lag.

i dont know what this small thing does but i am using it on SH 5 and i set antilag.cfg like this:
RenderAheadLimit=2
FPSlimit=45

and now its running perfect without a single lag. i recommend this small thing to everyone who have a new system or having issues like me.

jeffgordonfan1 04-26-13 01:18 AM

I'm trying to use antilag with SH3+GWX3.0 but it keeps making the game error out and I get the message " silent hunter III has stopped working " anybody have an idea how to fix this.

Microprose 07-04-13 04:25 PM

It also crashes with SH 5 while time lapsing with 1024x+ :(

Santini 08-19-13 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffgordonfan1 (Post 2046979)
I'm trying to use antilag with SH3+GWX3.0 but it keeps making the game error out and I get the message " silent hunter III has stopped working " anybody have an idea how to fix this.

Same for me, widescreen and this don't play nice

desertstriker 08-20-13 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santini (Post 2102816)
Same for me, widescreen and this don't play nice

you may just have to live without or take off the widescreen mods as was said by the modder in post 4
Im not using any high res/widescreen mods which is what i mean by hi-res -sorry for that - so not sure if it may overwrite any .dll those mods may put in

fitzcarraldo 08-20-13 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertstriker (Post 2102904)
you may just have to live without or take off the widescreen mods as was said by the modder in post 4
Im not using any high res/widescreen mods which is what i mean by hi-res -sorry for that - so not sure if it may overwrite any .dll those mods may put in

If you use some WS dll, the antilag donīt work. Itīs needed a WS dll mixed with the antilag function. :wah:

BTW, if you have a NVidia GC, you can fix the FPS from Inspector.

Regards.

blinkpnk 11-09-16 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plissken_04 (Post 1601912)
Download it here

ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/Volume_1...BADGER%20FINN/

Username & Password in my Signature!!!

So Long

Maik

Your link is dead too :P :o

EDIT:
I found a download link on the internet: http://www.kegetys.fi/d3d-antilag-v1-01/

ivanov.ruslan 11-09-16 12:47 AM

Is not,last update http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...171019&page=25

Welcome aboard!

Plissken_04 11-09-16 02:20 AM

[QUOTE=blinkpnk;2445366]Your link is dead too :P :o

This is an old Link,it's not the actual one :03:

So long

Maik