SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   NEW VERSION OF IXB&IXC Type (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=206553)

HundertzehnGustav 03-03-15 03:33 AM

just as they saidin the readme file...

grab the boatput her in your jsgme folder.
grab the "fix" put it in the jsgme folder

activate.
Bam.

i, i did itin another way, because i know this boat must stay in my game... at all cossts.
so i installed the "nines" and the "fix" directly, not via jsgme.

after 4 years away from this, i got it right the first time, too, so it really aint complicated.
top notch customer service.

RushTheBus 03-03-15 09:16 AM

I understand the installation instructions and everything. My concern is that apparently this overwrites GWX files. I'm curious if you have discovered any issues playing w/ GWX and this model as the OP doesn't have GWX to test.

HundertzehnGustav 03-03-15 11:00 AM

well i am still in 40, August, messing around in the channel and watching the Lolwaffle go nuts on anything british... - and still in W'hafen, so i havent encountered an AI IX yet.

this fix, if i understand right, does one thing: separates the AI IX from the human IX.

so the AI IX will continue to use the "stock"[gwx] models, while you get the updated stuff.

at least that's how i interpreted my last visit to the museum. :)

sik1977 03-04-15 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RushTheBus (Post 2293248)
I understand the installation instructions and everything. My concern is that apparently this overwrites GWX files. I'm curious if you have discovered any issues playing w/ GWX and this model as the OP doesn't have GWX to test.

See posts 322-328 above in this thread, you'll get an idea which files may be removed from this mod prior to installation without effecting GWX files (the ones that matter, not the graphics related stuff).

RushTheBus 03-10-15 02:34 PM

I just want to confirm the instructions to ensure GWX compatibility (i think i'm confused due to the wording of the OP).

If i'm understanding this all correctly:

1) Download Addition #2: New Version IXB & IXC

2) Download Commandscfg.rar and extra the commands.cfg to the CFG folder of the New Versions IXB & IXC mod.

3) Download FixAllSubGWX

4) Enable the New Verions of IXB & IXC via JSGME

5) Enable the FixAllSubGWX via JSGME

Wise 03-10-15 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RushTheBus (Post 2295640)
I just want to confirm the instructions to ensure GWX compatibility (i think i'm confused due to the wording of the OP).

If i'm understanding this all correctly:

1) Download Addition #2: New Version IXB & IXC

2) Download Commandscfg.rar and extra the commands.cfg to the CFG folder of the New Versions IXB & IXC mod.

3) Download FixAllSubGWX

4) Enable the New Verions of IXB & IXC via JSGME

5) Enable the FixAllSubGWX via JSGME

Just so.:yep:

RushTheBus 03-10-15 03:44 PM

Thanks for the confirmation Wise. Is there any particular order in terms of mod soup this should be in (ie: towards the bottom, etc)? Thanks again for this stunning work.

Wise 03-11-15 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RushTheBus (Post 2295693)
Is there any particular order in terms of mod soup this should be in (ie: towards the bottom, etc)?

At first FixAllSubGWX, after, New Version IXB & IXC. And before it to place commands.cfg to the CFG folder of the New Versions IXB & IXC mod.
But, apropos FixAllSubGWX...as I said in the first post, it is extremely recommended to replace wrong files in GWX directory tightly(unassisted JSGME), since errors of these files influence not only textures and models, but also for operation of navigation devices.

RushTheBus 03-31-15 10:29 PM

just re-installed these as i got the IXB in my career and now just constant CTDs :oops:

Wise 04-13-15 04:40 PM

@ RushTheBus Do, please, screen JSGME

KaleunU83 08-06-15 07:13 AM

Is it possible to use the MODs for LSH 2015? Thanks for your help!!

Wise 08-08-15 11:51 PM

I don't object. Good luck.

Kip336 08-09-15 07:19 AM

This might be totally the wrong place, but I've been searching for the past two hours.

What are those 4 tubes on the conning tower?

kurfürst 08-10-15 10:43 AM

These are pressure tight containers for anti-aircraft ammunition.

Beste Grüsse, Kurfürst

areo16 08-15-15 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wise (Post 2334987)
I don't object. Good luck.

Question, where do all the russian modders hang out for SH3?

What russian forum is good for sh3 mods?

I'd like to talk to a few 3d modellers like kovall to ask him some questions.

Thanks.