SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Realism- and gameplay-related hardcode fixes for SH3.EXE (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=174225)

DrJones 02-10-12 04:51 PM

Thank you....

...for your great work...i didn't play sh3 for a long time while working on Maguis for SH5.

With this pathes the game gets more realistic and mor action and you have to be much more carefully what you are doing.

Keep up your great work :yeah:and i think you will learn about the rest of the 95% unkonwn code :doh: ....time always helps and we have enpugh of it

Best Regards

DrJones:salute:

dom111 02-11-12 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h.sie (Post 1832620)
Numerous people play the hardcode fixes with LSH!

Enjoy!

After testing it for a while, all I've to say is: AWESOME!!! :yeah: SH3 looks like a new game to me, I'm enjoying it like if it was a brand new sim.

Thank you very much again, h.sie.

jean74 02-11-12 07:01 AM

Question about wolfpack

Hi,

About wolfpack I have just one question. How long must we wait after sending a contact report to receive a reply from BDU?

My h.sie version is v1.63a.
My contact report contains correct heading and speed

I wait few minutes, but no reply from BDU (Wolfpack test mission).

Many thanks for your reply,

Best regards,

Jean

dom111 02-11-12 12:15 PM

When I tried that mission, it took an hour in game time to receive the anwser from BdU, but there was not any warning about the reception. Try to take a look at the received messages, maybe it is already there.

Best regards.

jean74 02-11-12 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dom111 (Post 1837231)
When I tried that mission, it took an hour in game time to receive the anwser from BdU, but there was not any warning about the reception. Try to take a look at the received messages, maybe it is already there.

Best regards.

I Dom111

Many thanks for your reply, I will do tests

Best regards,

Jean

caodwolf 02-11-12 05:17 PM

Steibler OptionSelector

I installed the patch but I am not sure how to activate the options. The instructions refer to Stiebler's OptionSelector but I cannot find it anywhere. I just dove to periscope depth and surfaced to test the 'lazy' watch officer. He stayed below decks so it appears while I have patched SHI.exe I do not have anything enable.

Can someone please refer me to a link to download the mentioned OptionsSelector.

Appreciate it.

Dave

h.sie 02-11-12 06:32 PM

@DrJones,dom111: Thanks very much.

@jean: one has to wait between 10 and 120 minutes until BDU answers.

@caodwolf: the optionsselector is part of the patch-kit you hopefully downloaded. if the 1WO doesn't automatically to the bridge, something went wrong during patching. one has to carefully read the manual and follow all instructions in order to patch correctly.

Rubini 02-11-12 07:51 PM

Hi h.sie,

Today I played a entire campaign mission again, vampire fix working flawless like all others things on the hard fixes. Have had a positive reply from BDu to a convoy contact for wolfpack, but ends in a solo attack. New suberb game! Thanks one more time!:up:

I have not followed all this entire thread...during the above play time I felt the absence of the thermal layers one more time ... any plans/ideas on this (in the future obviously, you need a rest!)? Was this already discussed here about ideas on how to implement it?

Best regards mate!

Rubini.

jean74 02-12-12 04:13 AM

I agree

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubini (Post 1837438)
I have not followed all this entire thread...during the above play time I felt the absence of the thermal layers one more time ... any plans/ideas on this (in the future obviously, you need a rest!)? Was this already discussed here about ideas on how to implement it?

Rubini.

Hi H.sie
I totally agree with Rubini. You have done the best submarine simulation ever seen ! For me SH6 !!! :up:

I would like to be talented as you to be able to help you in your very hard work.:wah:
Thermal layer and more weather ambiance are left but as Rubini said "in the future obviously, you need a rest!".

Another time many, many, thanks for all your incredible work and for giving us a new submarine simulation !!!

YOU are a MASTER :know: indeed, and Ubisoft team should be inspired by you for their future submarine simulation.

Best regards,:salute:

Jean

PS : thank you for your indications about how long waiting for BDU reply.

jaxa 02-12-12 07:19 AM

Totally agree with others. Superb work :up:

I have question about hardcode fixes and SH3 Res fix. What's the proper path for installing these both fixes: first enable hsie's hardcode fixes, second res fix or vice versa?

h.sie 02-13-12 02:04 AM

@Rubini: Thermal layers have not been discussed here, I think, because Sh3Cmdr. models them quite well. Regarding future: I don't know what it will bring?

@jaxa: If JSGME reports no conflicting files at all, the sequence doesn't matter.

rowi58 02-13-12 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h.sie (Post 1838057)
@Rubini: Thermal layers have not been discussed here, I think, because Sh3Cmdr. models them quite well. Regarding future: I don't know what it will bring?

@jaxa: If JSGME reports no conflicting files at all, the sequence doesn't matter.

Exactly, h.sie.

@ all: please remeber, that the SH3_Cmdr-file "Ramdomised events.cfg" will only work proper with GWX 3.0 (or 2.1) and Stock-SH3. AI_Sensors.dat, which was changed with S3D, got a larger header-information, so the absolut hex-adresses which are writen in the "Randomised events.cfg" are no llonger correct. They must be changed.

Greetings
rowi58

Rubini 02-13-12 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h.sie (Post 1838057)

Hi h.sie,
Yes, SH3cmdr have a workaround that only works for some AI_sensors.dat (it handles exactly hex adresses, so any change on the file and probably it will not work). But the main problem isn't that - as one can always find again the hex adresses for new modded AI_sensors and so on - although it isn't easy for all ppl). The main problem is that it was a "half solution" for that days, i mean, at that time when we haven't the possibily of hardfix to make thermal layers really a game play real time challenge as it must be.

The idea could be found the max range for Hydro/sonar and then randomically (in certain period of time) change this value, alerting the player when it reaches that deep : "Thermal layer found, her kaleun" . After some hours this number can change again, etc. I don't know for sure if the germans had a thermal layer detection or not, if not, so just change the number (maxrange) but not alert the player.

Well, just first ideas to initiate the discussion.

Obltn Strand 02-13-12 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubini (Post 1838098)
Hi h.sie,
I don't know for sure if the germans had a thermal layer detection or not, if not, so just change the number (maxrange) but not alert the player.

Well, just first ideas to initiate the discussion.

I have a video where Jürgen Oesten is interwieved by sh3 devs I quess. He states in the video that germans knew the existence of thermal layers but didn't have anything to indicate their precense.

So randomization, randomization, ...........

SquareSteelBar 02-13-12 05:46 AM

Jürgen Oesten: Thermal Layers