SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   GWX (Grey Wolves eXpansion Mod) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=102096)

Philipp_Thomsen 01-19-08 04:04 PM

Sorry... I couldn't resist...

Kpt. Lehmann 01-19-08 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philipp_Thomsen
@ lehmann :rotfl: :rotfl:

And the post #3000 IS MINE!!!! MUAHAHAHA! :|\\

Quote:

LOL! You are nuts! :doh: :lol: ;)

You do know that right???:arrgh!:

Paajtor 01-19-08 06:28 PM

omg lol:roll:

darius359au 01-19-08 07:28 PM

Ok , Im not sure if this is a bug but thought I'd post and let the GWX team know - I was in AM01 early December 39 when i came across a small convoy with a V&W Destroyer and 2 Auxilliary Cruisers ,when I first saw them I though it was 2 liners :D,I fired 2 torp each at the cruisers but 3 self-destructed with one hit that killed a cruiser.I went deep and silent after that seeing that the Destroyer was coming my way but this is when the strangness happened , listening on the hydraphone I kept getting a funny noise return , hit f12 to have a look and The second Aux cruiser instead of running is circling with the destroyer hunting me :o

This is on GWX 2.0 with no other mods installed.

Philipp_Thomsen 01-19-08 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann
Quote:

@ lehmann :rotfl: :rotfl:

And the post #3000 IS MINE!!!! MUAHAHAHA! :|\\

Quote:

LOL! You are nuts! :doh: :lol: ;)

You do know that right???:arrgh!:

No, youre wrong, Im not nutz... Im waaaaaaay worse! :rotfl:

Red Heat 01-20-08 05:09 AM

I just ask for some help, nothing more...
But any away...my U-boat is ready to sea beyong GWX2 war flag!

Good day!

KeptinCranky 01-20-08 07:51 AM

Darius this isn't all that inexplicable, an auxiliary cruiser is a warship after all so it will help in the hunt, even if it shouldn't because it doesn't have any depthcharges...these things happen.

wait till you do a black sea patrol and an entire russian convoy does exactly the same thing once you hit one of the ships :D and that includes the passenger liner you hit doing DC runs

Jimbuna 01-20-08 08:02 AM

I wonder if it's hard coded because it's scripted as a warship :hmm:

darius359au 01-20-08 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeptinCranky
Darius this isn't all that inexplicable, an auxiliary cruiser is a warship after all so it will help in the hunt, even if it shouldn't because it doesn't have any depthcharges...these things happen.

wait till you do a black sea patrol and an entire russian convoy does exactly the same thing once you hit one of the ships :D and that includes the passenger liner you hit doing DC runs

Yeah , thats what I was thinking , atleast it doesn't have any D/C's - you'd run out of wall space counting before it ran out of charges ;)

JerM 01-20-08 06:38 PM

when you say

1. Create a fresh/brand new installation of GWX patched to version 1.4b

does that mean reinstall sh3 then patch it to 1.4 and then run gwx2?

right now i have sh3 1.4 gwx 1

Kpt. Lehmann 01-20-08 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerM
when you say

1. Create a fresh/brand new installation of GWX patched to version 1.4b

does that mean reinstall sh3 then patch it to 1.4 and then run gwx2?

right now i have sh3 1.4 gwx 1

It means to 'remove all traces' of your previous installation of SH3... preferably using the disk to uninstall it, followed by manual deletion of any remaining SH3 files.

Afterwards, reboot your system and install SH3 from scratch. Patch to 1.4b and then apply GWX 2.0 (and the armed trawler fix referred to on the first post of the 2.1 update thread.)

If residual files from a previous installation remain, they will very likely cause you problems when you attempt to apply GWX 2.0.

GWX 2.0 COMPLETELY replaces GWX 1.0

JerM 01-20-08 06:56 PM

:up: got it! thanks!:yep:

Kpt. Lehmann 01-20-08 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerM
:up: got it! thanks!:yep:

Coolio!

Happy huunting und don't shoot zee whales!!! :up: :up: :up:

TopcatWA 01-22-08 01:34 AM

Small Bug With GWX 2.0

Been playing SH4 for awhile then decided to come back to SH3 GWX & give version 2 a go. No problems on installation of expansion & set the expansion up for English Language, but find that the Recognition Manual & Museum is in French. Is there anyway to fix this? I have looked at all the data files to see if they are defaulted to French Language configeration but didn't find any.
BTW. Great improvement on version one. Well done to all concerned:up: :up: :up:

Kpt. Lehmann 01-22-08 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teddals
Been playing SH4 for awhile then decided to come back to SH3 GWX & give version 2 a go. No problems on installation of expansion & set the expansion up for English Language, but find that the Recognition Manual & Museum is in French. Is there anyway to fix this? I have looked at all the data files to see if they are defaulted to French Language configeration but didn't find any.
BTW. Great improvement on version one. Well done to all concerned:up: :up: :up:

Sounds like you may have enabled the French language optional mod by mistake.;)

Just double click on the JSGME icon that the GWX installer placed on your desktop. (It looks like a gear cog.) Then disable the "GWX - Fix French" optional mod.

Secondarily, for best results... go into your in-game menu and set speech for German and use English text. (subtitles) We put a LOT of work into the German speech bits to make it more immersive.

Just make the changes above and then go crashdive to see what I mean. (You'll leap out of your skin.):arrgh!: