SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   military binoculars in silent hunter (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=232318)

Rockin Robbins 07-05-17 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greyrider (Post 2497747)
@CaptBones greyrider is famous for posting "evidence" which does not back his claims. In this case his "evidence" is entirely irrelevant, as you establish. Interestingly, the very text he quoted and you explained was proof that my Dick O'Kane manual targeting method isn't merely plausible, as we thought when we developed it, it was actually used by Dick O'Kane and the Tang during the war. It was a pure surprise when I read that for the first time and realized that Dick O'Kane liked to use constant bearing attacks in the war.

well well....the mouth opens up again clear personal attack in violation of Subsim rules

so you developed the dick okane method, thats funny, let me ask you a question rr, in your so called dok method, and all those who are using "his"
method, let me ask you, are you shooting from aft to forward?
if your not, then your not using the dick okane method, becuse okane
always fired from aft to forward, because the contant bearing method is the only one of the 3 methods explained in the TFCM, that allows for that type of shooting.
it took a while for me to figure out the constant being method, but i got it !
and i can shoot from aft to forward, are you rr?

would you like me to prove it? im certainly game if you are, but that will debunk your arcade method for what it really is, arcade
im still willing to prove the constant bearing method

:)

Since Dick O'Kane himself covers my defense I can only direct you to read and understand "Clear the Bridge." He totally covers constant bearing attacks better than I ever have. The Dick O'Kane technique was developed not knowing the details of how Dick O'Kane actually formulated his attacks. In fact, we went WAY beyond any reasonable explanation that this was a historically plausible attack method which was named after Dick O'Kane and never made any representation that it reflected the exact way Dick O'Kane would conduct an attack.

The Dick O'Kane method has been examined by submariners from World War II through the Cold War and been pronounced sound by all who have examined it. I have dozens of testimonies from SH4 players thanking me from changing their experiences from frustrated and unable to hit targets to deadeye shots who put lots of targets on the bottom. I don't accept criticism from someone who has nothing to say. You don't understand what you read and you have proved that over and over. You'll not get the opportunity to embarrass yourself again. I'll not play your silly game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greyrider (Post 2497747)
just like your corruption mod, at first you called it multi sh4,
when i saw that i said, hmmm...where did i hear that before,
another show of something plagiarized by rr, clear personal attack in violation of Subsim rules
and then i remembered, it was from sh3,
and the mod was called multish3, i read your read me file that came with it, never mentioning the real author of that mod, passing it off as something you made when in fact it belonged to someone else clear personal attack in violation of Subsim rules

i will get the link to multish3 in a sec, but theres meds available for people like you rr,clear personal attack in violation of Subsim rules
you really need to take them, klonopin and wellbutrin wont help you if you dont take them as your doctor prescribedclear personal attack in violation of Subsim rules

the real author and his mod

authors name:Potoroo

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4411

also any moderator, you see for yourself, rr comes in here to troll.clear personal attack in violation of Subsim rules
.......and troll only, im not looking for a fight, but im not backing down from one either

SH4CMS (Silent Hunter 4 Corruption Managerment System) has nothing to do with MultiSH4 except that it can make game directories for MultiSH4 by Potoroo to use. It will also restore game installations in the MultiSH4 directories to certified original game files. SH4CMS is a collection of batch files, and nobody has ever written a mod or utility for SH4 in batch language but me. In the installation is MultiSH4, JSGME and Large Address Aware, by other people and fully credited, as is proper. I dont steal others' work. I don't permit anybody on my mod team to steal others' work (they wouldn't do it anyway). I insist that any time others' work is used I have permission and give full credit. But you know that. You know that SH4CMS is entirely my own work and nothing similar to it has ever appeared for SH3 or SH4. And the truth just doesn't seem to make much of an impression. In case you haven't got the message, your statements above are lies.

If you have even bothered to look at SH4CMS and the credits contained you wouldn't embarrass yourself by spouting foolishness. Keep it up and you'll get yourself banned like last time.

greyrider 07-06-17 12:18 PM

'SH4CMS (Silent Hunter 4 Corruption Managerment System) has nothing to do with MultiSH4 except that it can make game directories for MultiSH4 by Potoroo to use"

so why not mention his name?

i dont buy in to your explanation rock

i dont care what you added, you took potoroo's idea, made something without giving him credit.
thats plagiarism.......stealing.

@CaptBones greyrider is famous for posting "evidence" which does not back his claims

that wasnt a personal attack?:doh:

"And the truth just doesn't seem to make much of an impression. In case you haven't got the message, your statements above are lies."

yep, and the cow jumped over the moon

The Dick O'Kane method has been examined by submariners from World War II through the Cold War and been pronounced sound by all who have examined it.

prove it!

and no where in your reply did i see you take me up on proving the constant bearing method, which is the real method used by okane, :hmmm:

missed the meds this morning again rock?

greyrider 07-06-17 12:28 PM

captB, your missing the point entirely, and my point in this argument is not whether
the navy used bino's with reticules, if that was the issue here, then the tread has been hijacked
my argument is the method, and the scale of the method, if they did, they did, if they didnt, they didnt,
i could care less really, but any gun firing at range will need to be directed.
thats why in a call for fire, the call doesnt go to the guns first, it goes to the FDC first,

the fire direction center

and after the solution is figured at FDC, then FDC calls the guns with the information for the guns,

but before FDC figures the solution, it calls the guns and gives them a warning order
for a fire mission to have them alerted and standing by for the information coming.

unfortunately, alot of people on here say "i cant" or "it cant".
but innovative people always prove them wrong time and again.

take dick okane for example, to keep pace with his targets propellers,
he used a Metronome, now the "i cants" and the it cants" out there will start stomping around
holding thier breath until they turn blue, saying you cant use a Metronome to keep time with a propeller, it was made to keep time in music,
you cant and it cant be done.

yea.

or take okanes device he used in running simulated target exercises, where he used an electric razor against a mic hooked
up to the hydrophones to simulate target propellers.

i can hear it now, the "i cants" and the "it cants" will be hitting the roof,

YOU CANT USE AN ELECTRIC RAZOR TO SIMULATE A TARGETS PROPELLERS, IT WAS MADE FOR SHAVING,
AND ITS ONLY PURPOSE IS FOR SHAVING AND THATS IT.

yea.

but! people like okane prove the i cants and it cants wrong every time.

you dont say i cant or it cant to people of ingenuity, you could never say that to someone like patton
without getting a dressing down badly, and then you get the proof that says it can.

my whole point in this is innovation and adaptation, and thats all, as commander, i would use anything
and everything that would help me do my job better, destroy the enemy, and save my troops lives and my own life to, as best as a could
accomplish that, and nothing more.

Rockin Robbins 07-06-17 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greyrider (Post 2498020)
'SH4CMS (Silent Hunter 4 Corruption Managerment System) has nothing to do with MultiSH4 except that it can make game directories for MultiSH4 by Potoroo to use"

so why not mention his name?

i dont buy in to your explanation rock

i dont care what you added, you took potoroo's idea, made something without giving him credit.
thats plagiarism.......stealing.

@CaptBones greyrider is famous for posting "evidence" which does not back his claims

that wasnt a personal attack?:doh:

"And the truth just doesn't seem to make much of an impression. In case you haven't got the message, your statements above are lies."

yep, and the cow jumped over the moon

The Dick O'Kane method has been examined by submariners from World War II through the Cold War and been pronounced sound by all who have examined it.

prove it!

and no where in your reply did i see you take me up on proving the constant bearing method, which is the real method used by okane, :hmmm:

missed the meds this morning again rock?

I'm not buying anything from the likes of you, greyrider and nobody else at Subsim is either. You are talking to yourself, entertaining some but not convincing any. I have nothing to prove. You do. How about contributing one thing of lasting value to the Subsim community? The door is open but I can't make you walk through it.

If you think I've made personal attacks you know where to take your case. Make it good. Remember statements of fact are not attacks. If you think I've plagiarized, then you can get me kicked off Subsim permanently. Make your best case. If you think I've used materials without proper attribution then I can be permanently kicked off Subsim. I wish you well. But all you are doing here is making yourself look like a fool. You are doing a very good job of that, I must say.

That's all I have to say to you. You are on ignore, ranting to yourself.

Onkel Neal 07-06-17 09:33 PM

This thread needs a time out. Gentlemen, please.