SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] Accurate German Flags (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=162671)

redcoat22 03-03-10 04:54 PM

Any word on the uniform fixes too? Hats mainly

Davion 03-04-10 09:24 AM

I've started editing the aircraft .dds files for Germany, replacing the crosses on the tails with the historical hakenkreuz, once I finish 'em up I can pass them on to you if you'd like.

soldat32 03-04-10 05:12 PM

I understand that its illegal in Germany to have swastikas,maybe a few other countries but its ridiculous.I am not condoning nazism here but its history and it should not be censored.The hammer and sickle,Che Guevara symbols,and anything else having to do with communism is just as bad and yet they are not outlawed.Considering how many people were wiped out due to communism,far outweighs the numbers at Nazi hands.:roll:

Thanks to the modder's for mods.:up:

DaWu 03-04-10 06:16 PM

thanks mate. great work

McHibbins 03-04-10 07:09 PM

THX mate :yeah:

mobucks 03-05-10 08:02 AM

can't get it to work, even went as far as directly overwriting the files without JSGME, and still old flags inside sub pen. i hate this game.

LiveGoat 03-05-10 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soldat32 (Post 1293943)
I understand that its illegal in Germany to have swastikas,maybe a few other countries but its ridiculous.I am not condoning nazism here but its history and it should not be censored.The hammer and sickle,Che Guevara symbols,and anything else having to do with communism is just as bad and yet they are not outlawed.Considering how many people were wiped out due to communism,far outweighs the numbers at Nazi hands.:roll:

Thanks to the modder's for mods.:up:

I hear you. There's a bar in New York called KGB Bar and it's totally done up in the Soviet style with pictures of all the usual suspects adorning the walls. The place is always packed with the hip crowd. I've only been there a few times to see friends in plays in the little theatre above it (called "The Red Room"), but I find the place repulsive. I've always thought if I ever got the cash, I'd open a bar across the street from it called "SS" just to make a point but I guess I'd just be stooping to their level.

Of course that's different from a historical sim, in which accuracy should be adhered to.

Davion 03-05-10 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobucks (Post 1295221)
can't get it to work, even went as far as directly overwriting the files without JSGME, and still old flags inside sub pen. i hate this game.

The sub pen at the title screen or actually in game?

etheberge 03-05-10 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davion (Post 1292728)
I've started editing the aircraft .dds files for Germany, replacing the crosses on the tails with the historical hakenkreuz, once I finish 'em up I can pass them on to you if you'd like.

Sounds good Davion, feel free to release them separately too, whatever you'd like. I know I'd use them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by redcoat22 (Post 1290951)
Any word on the uniform fixes too? Hats mainly

I'll look into it but I doubt I'll be changing those, we'll see. I'm sure someone much more skilled than me will be releasing all new uniforms pretty soon anyway.

etheberge 03-05-10 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobucks (Post 1295221)

You are copying the flag.dds file to Silent Hunter 5\Data\Textures\TNormal\tex and nothing changes? That's strange.

And like Davion said, you're not just looking at the pen in the main menu right?

fsp 03-06-10 08:36 AM

Brilliant stuff, thank you very much.

Could someone also tend to the "GERMANY.dds" file as it displays the current German eagle (post-war) instead of the WWII eagle? Not even sure if and where in the game it is displayed, just looked through the files and saw that it is not the correct one.

KayeM 03-06-10 08:57 AM

Nice mod, thanks alot.
Are you going to edit the medals and captains bed also?

captainspaulding 03-06-10 04:57 PM

vielen dank, etheberge !

etheberge 03-06-10 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fsp (Post 1297617)
Brilliant stuff, thank you very much.

Could someone also tend to the "GERMANY.dds" file as it displays the current German eagle (post-war) instead of the WWII eagle? Not even sure if and where in the game it is displayed, just looked through the files and saw that it is not the correct one.

Yeah I saw it too but I haven't seen it used in game yet. If anyone spots that eagle anywhere let me know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KayeM (Post 1297656)
Nice mod, thanks alot.
Are you going to edit the medals and captains bed also?

Maybe I'll do the medals but I'm not sure which file the game actually uses for them, there's like 3 or 4 texture files for medals left over from previous versions. And I haven't gotten far enough to find out because I've only actually played the game for about 30 minutes so far :-)

TIGERisBACK 03-06-10 08:17 PM

This germany.dds is a CT Emblem and it shows one version of "Weimarer Republik" eagle not post-war.

Wolfenstein 03-07-10 09:56 AM

Hi,

I want to change the Bismarck textures/colors to 41-Style with Dark-Grey cannons etc. but I can't find the texture file. The "NMS_Bismark_AO01" file does not include the cannon textures.

So can someone help me where to find these file/s?

etheberge 03-07-10 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfenstein (Post 1299667)
Hi,

I want to change the Bismarck textures/colors to 41-Style with Dark-Grey cannons etc. but I can't find the texture file. The "NMS_Bismark_AO01" file does not include the cannon textures.

So can someone help me where to find these file/s?

If it's anything like SHIV, the turrets are separate models with different texture files. Unfortunately I don't know what they are. Someone else more experienced in skinning ships can probably help you.

tennozan 03-10-10 09:40 PM

I'd appreciate having the fully historical correct medals too. Thanks!

etheberge 03-10-10 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennozan (Post 1307579)
I'd appreciate having the fully historical correct medals too. Thanks!

See this post:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...8&postcount=25

Ual002 already made them but I don't think he made a new thread, not sure.

tennozan 03-11-10 10:51 AM

Great - thanks for the directions.