SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Cold War II: The Donald warns Russia of missile strike in Syria (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=237207)

em2nought 04-12-18 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catfish (Post 2549075)
Isn't it always the democrats, leftists, liberals, snowflakes, being responsible for all the baaaaad in the world :haha:

Yep, I'm at the point I'd rather hang out with Putin than any of those folks. :03:

Mr Quatro 04-12-18 10:16 AM

Quote:

Isn't it always the democrats, leftists, liberals, snowflakes, students, gays, lesbians, hippies being responsible for all the baaaaad in the world :haha:

em2nought posted Catfish's post, but notice he edited the post :o

Originally Posted by Catfish
Isn't it always the democrats, leftists, liberals, snowflakes, being responsible for all the baaaaad in the world

Quote:

Originally Posted by em2nought (Post 2549081)
Yep, I'm at the point I'd rather hang out with Putin than any of those folks. :03:

You did not include students, lesbians, or hippies so we must assume that you feel comfortable with the ones you left off :D

Skybird 04-12-18 11:11 AM

Quote:

Russia vows to shoot down any and all missiles fired at Syria. Get ready Russia, because they will be coming, nice and new and “smart!” You shouldn’t be partners with a Gas Killing Animal who kills his people and enjoys it!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 11, 2018
Why do we keep broadcasting when we are going to attack Syria. Why can't we just be quiet and, if we attack at all, catch them by surprise?
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 29, 2013

Yessir, why, oh Lord, oh why?

Skybird 04-12-18 11:20 AM

Quote:

Never said when an attack on Syria would take place. Could be very soon or not so soon at all! In any event, the United States, under my Administration, has done a great job of ridding the region of ISIS. Where is our “Thank you America?”
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) 12. April 2018

Seems to me the White House has introduced a new military missile technology: the tweat-and-forget missile.

The Donalds' tweets last for eternity. Until they no more last.

Skybird 04-12-18 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onkel Neal (Post 2549071)
Russia says they will sink ships, sink subs, shoot down aircraft. That's war.

Yes indeed.

I do not think somebody will command to start this, but I worrxy about accidental triggering of something messy. Because with so much military attention concentrated in such a small space, "messy accident" easily can lead to "full war - damn, where has this come from?"

Hope its worth it to the American public. To me, it is not.

I also miss a clear definition of the military objectives and their relevance for the US. Destroying Assad's chemical assets? If that is all it implies that killing civilians is tolerable, on the other hands, as long as carried out by artilllery shelling and barrel bombs only. How cynical is that then?

The Russians want Syria, and different to us they are ready to do all dirty job needed to make sure that they get it. Either we have the balls to confront them with all consequences that brings, or we should step aside. Again my question, what is our military objective that is so clearly defined and so valuable that it justifies to go head on with the Russians? So far, all I hear in the media about this is wishy-washy and sentimentality.

Mr Quatro 04-12-18 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onkel Neal (Post 2549071)
Russia says they will sink ships, sink subs, shoot down aircraft. That's war.

Russia has only said that they will shoot down any missiles fired on Syria not that they will sink ships, sink subs or shoot down aircraft.

Yes, that would surely be the beginning of a war limited to the Med and only God knows what happen next :o

I think President Trump is waiting for the CIA director Mike Pompeo (in a hearing right now as I type) to be confirmed as the next Secretary of State before he fires on Syria.

mapuc 04-12-18 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Quatro (Post 2549130)
Russia has only said that they will shoot down any missiles fired on Syria not that they will sink ships, sink subs or shoot down aircraft.

Yes, that would surely be the beginning of a war limited to the Med and only God knows what happen next :o

I think President Trump is waiting for the CIA director Mike Pompeo (in a hearing right now as I type) to be confirmed as the next Secretary of State before he fires on Syria.

According to
Russia's ambassador to Lebanon, who said any U.S. missiles fired at Syria would be shot down and the launch sites targeted

For me it does sound like they are not just going to intercept those tomahawks, but also will go after the place/thing from where these missiles was fired from

Markus

Mr Quatro 04-12-18 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapuc (Post 2549133)
According to
Russia's ambassador to Lebanon, who said any U.S. missiles fired at Syria would be shot down and the launch sites targeted

For me it does sound like they are not just going to intercept those tomahawks, but also will go after the place/thing from where these missiles was fired from

Markus

I stand corrected Markus ... your right after doing a search on the Russian ambassador to Lebanon's exact words that he points back to coming from Putin himself:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...dor/ar-AAvKmrN

Quote:

Responding to the ambassador’s comments, General Sir Richard Barrons, who led the UK’s Joint Forces Command from 2013 to 2016, told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme:

“I hope the ambassador has chosen his words very carefully because what he’s actually saying is that if the US and allies decide to strike against Syrian chemical weapons and delivery aircraft, not only are they going to try and shoot down the missiles in flight -

which they're capable of doing, but won't be with total success - but by saying the words 'launch platforms', he’s saying they are going to try and sink ships, sink submarines and shoot aircraft out of the sky - that’s war.”
Shame on me i started to ask Neal for a cite :oops:

All I have to say is "Bring it on big boy (Putin)"

Rockstar 04-12-18 01:42 PM

Bring it on big boy????? Does anyone have any idea why it should be brought on?

Of course not, we are totatlly distracted the palace intrigue.

Onkel Neal 04-12-18 01:44 PM

No problem.

I keep asking the sky, why does the US have to do this? Most Americans don't care two cents about what happens in Syria. Let someone else sort this mess out. We've had enough involvements with these kind of countries and they never work out, it's hopeless.

Bilge_Rat 04-12-18 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onkel Neal (Post 2549141)
No problem.

I keep asking the sky, why does the US have to do this? Most Americans don't care two cents about what happens in Syria. Let someone else sort this mess out. We've had enough involvements with these kind of countries and they never work out, it's hopeless.

exactly.

but if you are a U.S. president, you can never win. If do nothing, people will criticize you for that. If you do something, people will criticize you for that, etc.

there is no solution to the Syrian civil war, all you can do at this point is let it burn itself out and try to pick up the pieces afterwards.

Platapus 04-12-18 02:29 PM

I am not aware of anything in Syria that is worth a single US military member's life.

mapuc 04-12-18 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Platapus (Post 2549145)
I am not aware of anything in Syria that is worth a single US military member's life.

Same here Can't find anything in Syria that is worth the life of an European soldier.

I guess it is, as some political commentator said

Trump and Putin has to mark their territory and it happens to be in a backyard called Syria

Markus

Platapus 04-12-18 03:09 PM

Quote:

Isn't it always the democrats, leftists, liberals, snowflakes, students, gays, lesbians, hippies being responsible for all the baaaaad in the world :haha:

You forgot to include Vegans :03:

mapuc 04-12-18 03:57 PM

By following the news here and in Sweden

I get the feeling it wouldn't be little stick with a needle Trump are planning to give Assad

A Carrie-group is heading into the Mediterranean due to arrive somewhere next week and more ships from England and France should be heading this way.

I hope is nothing more than a show-off.

And not a massive strike against Syria and the possibility for a engagement with Russia.

Markus