SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Classic Subsims (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   Is sh2 still alive?do you play? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=150799)

UnderseaLcpl 04-19-09 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arclight (Post 1086613)
How much you got? :D

lol.... amazon has it new in the box for like $8.00. Good thing I decided to shop around first:DL

TLAM Strike 04-19-09 10:49 AM

I flip the disk up in to the air and catch it when I'm bored. Does that count? :O:

Sailor Steve 04-19-09 05:16 PM

No. It got turned into a great game, but the complete lack of a career mode killed it for me.

If, however, a bunch of folks were multiplaying SH2 and DC again I'd gladly play once more.

Arclight 04-20-09 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderseaLcpl (Post 1086745)
lol.... amazon has it new in the box for like $8.00. Good thing I decided to shop around first:DL

I would have send it free of charge if you wanted it. ;)

But I guess the shipping would cost more then ordering a new copy.

Platapus 04-20-09 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1087010)
No. It got turned into a great game, but the complete lack of a career mode killed it for me.

If, however, a bunch of folks were multiplaying SH2 and DC again I'd gladly play once more.

I wonder what the changes of DC being redone (but this time better)?

It would be really cool to have a WWII anti-submarine simulator where you really need to understand the sonars. :yeah:

owner20071963 04-20-09 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1087010)

Good idea there Steve,
Maybe just maybe we can revive Both :salute:

FIREWALL 04-21-09 01:17 AM

I'd be happy if UBI would release a improved DC as good as SH-3 that could be played together.

I'd rather have that then, a new SH-5.

KapitanDeepblu 05-19-09 02:17 PM

If your interested in playing SH2 single or multiplayer, drop me a line.

I'm in the process of trying to get it installed on my vista64 machine w/no luck, but have it on my desktop and a small core of faithful playing single missions.

Kapitandeepblu@hotmail.com

FIREWALL 05-19-09 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FIREWALL (Post 1087701)
I'd be happy if UBI would release a improved DC as good as SH-3 that could be played together.

I'd rather have that then, a new SH-5.

:yeah::yep::rock:

nikimcbee 05-19-09 03:25 PM

I found SH2 very dissapointing (the vanilla version). I don't even know where the disk is anymore. I think I was one of the first people to complain about SH2's AI. You only had to play it an hour to know something was wrong with it. I like the DC command concept as a multiplayer game.

Indiana_Jones 08-03-09 10:00 PM

Still own my copy of SH2 :yeah:

Pretty ugly game, even for when it was made. :nope:

Oh and the scripted campaign :down:

Shearwater 08-04-09 02:54 PM

SH2 is pretty much dead for me. Though my notebook is too weak to play SH3 (and I really love that game), SH2 won't run either. It's a graphics card issue - distorted or partly disappearing text, both in the menus and in briefings. A few months ago I thought I could give it a try, for old time's sake, and uninstalled my current graphics driver and re-installed the one that came with the system. SH2 did work, but I found it wasn't half as enjoyable as I remembered. Also, the frame rate of DW had dropped so miserably that I thought to do away with SH2 once and for all. IMO, there's no need for that game anymore.

kaptkirkU4467 08-15-09 08:21 PM

I still play DC on the laptop,works well with Vista.
SH2..my big bohonker vid card will not play it on the home system. :nope:

For its day...SH2/DC was played day and night at the WPL for years...then SH3 came out.pooof! gone.

And if there is a call for SH2/DC players...I'll be there.
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/231...g152145.th.jpg

oche 11-12-09 10:14 AM

The vanilla version was very lacking since it did not had dynamic campaign, but the mod "Aces campaign" (i think) fixed this issue back in the day and it made it quite fun but you still had to hack the config files for disabling those laser guided depth charges :haha:

Palindromeria 12-02-09 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaptkirkU4467 (Post 1151468)

For its day...SH2/DC was played day and night at the WPL for years.

:rock:

buk !

:gulp: