SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   WideScreen 1920x1080 Project (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=213527)

Hawk U-375 05-29-14 10:40 AM

Looking VERY foward to this!:rock:

Tigershark624 05-29-14 04:58 PM

Will this be compatible with any form of MaGUI? I'm currently using the Widescreen MaGUI 3.4-SA version but I'd like to try this if I can keep Makman's excellent GUI.

vanjast 05-30-14 02:38 AM

I've based this on Hitman's GUI (with a bit of 'artistic license'), sitting on top of NYGM 3.6D

Most likely not though :oops:
All this will have to be tested and probably adapted by each major mod's creator.

This is not as bad as it looks..:D, as the actual in game 3D screens are controlled by the D3D9.dll which is common to all wide-screen games.
Here each Mod creator (or yourself) would need to scale screens and change positions of items - this can be tedious, but no brain surgery required.

The menu items should be OK (hopefully), as they're separate items from in game 'instruments'.

What I have done, is made comments 'ad nauseam' in the menu_1024_768.ini file, so anyone can quickly see, where and what changes have been made - this will help in adapting to other personal modifications.. etc

vanjast 05-31-14 11:48 AM

All done.. download's in the first post
:D

Anvar1061 05-31-14 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanjast (Post 2212444)
All done.. download's in the first post
:D

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/imag...humbs_Up-1.gif

Starkweather 06-04-14 06:44 AM

Thanks for this. I'm having issues with the crew management page though :

i) Auto crew configuration buttons can't be selected/clicked. I believe most people move them about manually to avoid potential CTD issues so this is minor.
ii) Half of the crew slots for damage control and a handful for both engine compartments are invisible. I can add/remove crew to these slots, but I can't see the actual crew graphic in the slot itself.

I'm using this with GWX3, could that be the source of the problem?

vanjast 06-04-14 07:05 AM

Come to think of it, I didn't think to check if the Damage Crew Management slots change in size for the different subs...

Thanks for bringing this up... This page is going to be a problem ..:)

vanjast 06-04-14 07:47 AM

Starkweather:

As a quick fix dump this picture in your ..\data\menu\data.. folder, and also the same folder in the MOD folder.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8preu85p9z...0_Barracks.tga

I've made the green background lighter, so that it's easier to see the crew slots.
WRT the auto-crew selection buttons, I haven't touched these AFAIK. This could be from NYGM, as I've also tried this with the same results.

This mod is sitting on top of NYGM and Hitman's latest GUI... You'll probably get many issues with GWX
It wouldn't be a problem for the Big Mod modders to adapt this, as I've put in comments into the menu_1024_768.ini file.
It'll just take a little time though, but hopefully I've completed all the groundwork for this to happen.

:up:

Starkweather 06-04-14 01:03 PM

Hey, you didn't have to do that. Unfortunately, it didn't fix it!

I did figure out the issue though, NYGM reduces the amount of active crew that you can place in the compartments I mentioned. If you place crew in these 'disabled' slots, they are rendered ineffective and get a crossed out icon. GWX doesn't have this feature or the icon graphic (and as you said, this widescreen mod is built upon NYGM), hence the invisible slots and crew. Easily adapted to GWX with a few edits though.

Also, thanks for pointing me to NYGM and Hitman's GUI. I've been stubbornly using the same SH3 install, with GWX, for years though after trying NYGM for the first time I think I prefer it. And the game looks fantastic now that I can finally play it at 1920x1080 without the GUI shortcomings and glitches.

Txema 06-06-14 10:15 AM

Hi !

Is it possible to use this mod with GWX3?

It seems that at least a fix is needed for the crew management screen (as Starkweather has noticed).

Could you please release that fix? Are any more fixes necesary?

Thank you very much for your help !!

Txema

vanjast 06-07-14 11:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Txema (Post 2214196)
Hi !
Is it possible to use this mod with GWX3?

Only NYGM and Hitman's at the moment..

Quote:

Are any more fixes necesary?
No fixes necessary.. That crew thing is not touched by this mod.. It seems to be with NYGM... There was a reason for this, which I'm not sure at the moment.

Here's the 1024x768 NYGM screenie.. (No wide screen mod) showing the same effects.

Admiral Halsey 06-07-14 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanjast (Post 2214483)
Only NYGM and Hitman's at the moment..

Do you plan on making this GWX compatible?

vanjast 06-08-14 03:49 AM

No plans at the moment.. I was just happy to get this one 'working' :D
I was hoping the guys who made GWX would use the 'commenting information' I placed in the menu file to adapt GWX.

This mod set me 'back in time' wrt to RL - I have a lot of RL catching up to do first.

:arrgh!:

Dronston 06-08-14 04:06 AM

I'm so sad this won't work with GWX 3.0 :wah:

But thanks for your work! Here's to hoping someone makes it GWX compatible!
:yeah:

LGN1 06-10-14 03:58 PM

Hi vanjast,

I looked at your work and I like it a lot :up: Very nice!

For my own work I would be glad if you could help me a bit. What's the purpose of these six lines in the d3d9.ini file?

[LOADSCREENS]
tx=0.044
ty=0.0205
sx=0.04
sy=0.02
maxscale=true

[EFFECTS]
Ocean=true

And a question about the maps.cfg. What do the changes there do? It doesn't seem as if the resolution of the map becomes 1920x1080 :hmmm:

Regards, LGN1