SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mission Designers' Forum (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=222)
-   -   3 New Missions: Snacko's Harbor Attacks (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=116879)

Subject 08-10-07 06:08 AM

I don't mind it either, but it *is* frustrating when you hear the big guns open fire behind you and all hell breaks loose! :rotfl:

And I didn't mention, that your San Fransico mission was the last straw for my system. Love the volumetric fog and having everything maxed out, but with all the action going on, we're crawling at a miserable 7-10 fps :|\\ Serious upgrade on it's way - again. :roll:

"Solved" the problem with ctd's. TM1.4 change some shiptypes, so I've divided TM1.4 into two parts and disable the part with Campaing, Roster and Sea, when I want to play missions/patrols. Your missions runs perfectly fine :up: Thanks again!

Snacko 08-10-07 07:42 AM

Yea, the San Fran mission is slow. I mentioned that in the ReadMe.txt file, that some users without fast systems may just need to skip it. I was only able to play it with about 5-10fps max. That harbor is a built-in harbor in the game, so it adds all of it's own ships, aircraft, ect. Once you put a bunch enemy warships in the harbor it just slows down from all the action.

But I liked that mission, and have been thinking of making my own harbor on an empty island and making another mission like that. It should run better that way I'm guessing.

Webster 08-27-07 08:40 PM

how about a secret base in Alaska?

not far out of the box and in reality quite possible.

FIREWALL 12-21-07 04:30 PM

Hi Snacko :D

That Kingsman Reef Sm is a real hair puller. It had me on the edge of my chair sweating.

I came upon that mine field and felt pretty cocky :D as it was all on my starboard side and I thought I got past them. Then one comes up on my portside but I can clear it.

I'm running at 70ft, Just above the seaweed. I'm thinkin I got this Ace'd
when all of a sudden I look at the weeds and there's a mine a little too late.:damn:

I learned a very valuable lesson. Don't just look Left and Right ,LOOK DOWN also :)

You are very,very Twicky.:rotfl:

Please keep these kind of SM comeing. :up: :up: :up:

Snacko 12-28-07 06:54 PM

Hi Firewall!

I installed a new firewall, and have not been able to load subsim.com for a while. It's the only webpage the firewall hasn't liked so far. But I figured it out as you can see.

Glad you liked the mission. I made them a long time ago it seems like. I had a really nice Wake Island mission about finished, but then I restored my system and forgot to back it up! :damn::damn::damn:

And I haven't been playing SH4 for a while. I'm trying out a Virtual Squadron online flying IL2 Flight Simulator. So, I'll be a good target for practice for them for a while.

L8r,
Snacko

chrysanthos 04-30-11 05:30 AM

those missions are for surface ships too?

Snacko 04-30-11 09:41 AM

Surface ships too?? Of course!

willielapus 04-30-11 12:15 PM

Please re-load your missions link is dead

I would very much like to try your missions... but the link is dead. Please re load them.

Thanks

Snacko 04-30-11 04:46 PM

I just fixed the link in the first post.

Give them another try and enjoy!

Cheers,
Snacko

chrysanthos 05-01-11 11:51 AM

i hope you make some missions for surface ships too

Runnybabbit 10-02-11 04:32 AM

Thanks

Just downloaded these missions, going to get around to trying them out, they sound really good.. thanks for re-upping the link..:salute: