SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] Multiple UIs for SH5 with TDC (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166093)

TheDarkWraith 04-01-10 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keith_uk (Post 1344507)
Can someone please tell me how to take photos in recon missions with this mod? I've been reading through lots of posts, but i still have no idea.

Keith.

it appears that you can't with my mod. I'm trying to figure out why.

TheBeast 04-02-10 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keith_uk (Post 1344507)
Can someone please tell me how to take photos in recon missions with this mod? I've been reading through lots of posts, but i still have no idea.

Keith.

Can you edit the Commands.cfg and map a key. Maybe Shift-P...

[Cmd350]
Name=WP_Take_photo
Contexts=1
Key0=0x50,s,"Shift+P"

Remember the following:
  1. You must be submerged and target visiable in periscope view.
  2. Take Photo only works with Attack Periscope.
  3. You must be in range of Mission Objective Location.
  4. You must be in range of target vessel. (Can Lock-On to target. You may even need to ID target)
-TheBeast

etheberge 04-02-10 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1344389)
now that is easy to do. I can make that an option.

Awesome :yeah:

McHub532 04-02-10 01:17 PM

I am using this MOD now and I am loving it. All the awesome dials spinning and clicking while my heart is thumping to the thump thump thump of the electric driven screws in the aft. :)

Silent Steel 04-03-10 07:20 AM

Various UIs?

Hi folks,

I've installed this lovely mod and think I've followed the installation instructions but...
On the first page of this thread the TheDarkWraith presents the mod with some pictures of the various UIs (SH 5 Enhanced, SH4 style and SH3 style). At last a mod letting me choose the one I prefer!
The installation instruction says:

'Currently the list of UIs are:
- SH3 style
- SH4 style
- SH5 Enhanced'

But where are these options to find?
Since I can't find any description on how to choose between these UIs I've so far only managed to install the 'SH5 Enhanced UI'. :damn:
This one seems to be default when installing or?
And yes - I enable with JSGME.
I'd rather choose one of the other ones with dials but I don't know how...

I first thought my download was corrupt but I have downloaded three times now and still I see just all the same files and docs. The download must be OK.

To choose between the TDCs hasn't been any problem.

Please help!

mr chris 04-03-10 07:33 AM

Open up the downloaded file like below.

NewUIs_TDC_1_1_0_TheDarkWraith\NewUIs_TDC_1_1_0_By TheDarkWraith\MODS\NewUIs_TDC_1_1_0_ByTheDarkWrait h\data\Scripts\Menu

Find this file at the bottom of the menu folder
TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py
Open it up with Notepad and change the # the current UI Style

From this
# the current UI Style
UIStyle = SH5Enhanced

Too this
# the current UI Style
UIStyle = SH3Style or SH4Style, depending on what UI you wish to use.

Then save your changes

Hey presto you will now have the UI of your choice.

Silent Steel 04-03-10 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr chris (Post 1345998)
Open up the downloaded file like below.

NewUIs_TDC_1_1_0_TheDarkWraith\NewUIs_TDC_1_1_0_By TheDarkWraith\MODS\NewUIs_TDC_1_1_0_ByTheDarkWrait h\data\Scripts\Menu

Find this file at the bottom of the menu folder
TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py
Open it up with Notepad and change the # the current UI Style

From this
# the current UI Style
UIStyle = SH5Enhanced

Too this
# the current UI Style
UIStyle = SH3Style or SH4Style, depending on what UI you wish to use.

Then save your changes

Hey presto you will now have the UI of your choice.

THANKS! mr Chris :up:

You've just saved me from calling my shrink.

Thanks again and all my best regards!

mr chris 04-03-10 07:43 AM

No problem glad to have helped.

Danevang 04-05-10 04:08 AM

This mod is absolutely great, I'm very impressed. Slowly but steadily a really enjoyable SH5 is emerging. Thanks, full steam ahead sailor! :salute:

toby66 04-05-10 03:06 PM

Thanks, great mod. I like to operate with the good old TDC dials. :up:

But one question: If I've given the TDC all the data it needs, shouldn't it be auto-updating? I've put in the AOB, speed and distance. But distance stays static. I'm almost certain to remember from the SH3 days, that it should update. Has it to do, that we can't lock the target anymore with this mod? :hmmm:

toby66 04-05-10 03:09 PM

Oh yeah, before I forget it: The recognition manual doesn't pop up anymore either.

kylania 04-05-10 03:10 PM

Can't lock in SH5 anymore. The range updating was part of the PositionKeeper or whatever it was from SH4 and the US Fleet boats right?

toby66 04-05-10 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kylania (Post 1348466)
Can't lock in SH5 anymore. The range updating was part of the PositionKeeper or whatever it was from SH4 and the US Fleet boats right?

Ah, my error then. Thanks. It seems I got used to the PositionKeeper in SHIV too much.

Still leaves me with the recognition manual which doesn't pop up anymore.

cothyso 04-05-10 03:59 PM

recognition manual is different in SH5. lock on a ship (with auto TDC on) and click on the general class of the locked ship. the recognition manual with the ships of that class will pop up. check whatever ship you think it fits, then click the supposedly identified ship name again, to make it disappear.

toby66 04-05-10 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cothyso (Post 1348522)
recognition manual is different in SH5. lock on a ship (with auto TDC on) and click on the general class of the locked ship. the recognition manual with the ships of that class will pop up. check whatever ship you think it fits, then click the supposedly identified ship name again, to make it disappear.

Yes. But with this mod the recognition manual doesn't pop up anymore. Or to be more precise, the Officer dialog where I could enter all the data isn't there anymore. Except for the ID of the target that wouldn't be a problem since I can enter all the data into the TDC.